View Full Version : If the season ended today

patmoran2006
11-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Draft positions for AFC East:

Miami- #2 Overall
NY Jets- #3 Overall
New England- #4 overall
Buffalo- #19 overall

That's not a misprint, NE owns SF's first rounder next year, which currently would be the 4th pick.. How f'n sick is that?

Gonna be a lot of rookie talent coming into this division next year as the Jets and Miami both suck as well.

College guys in here. Who may go with those 1-5 overall picks?

Confused
11-10-2007, 09:10 AM
a distinct possibility the mutherfrickin Pats get Mcfadden. justice truly has been served.
rates a 10 of 10 on the WTF scale.

patmoran2006
11-10-2007, 09:13 AM
I dont think NE would draft a RB. Then again, who the hell do they really need that high?

I would think MAYBE a LB? But are there any Top 5 LB's? I could see them getting Jake Long if SF continues to suck this bad.

I think its safe to say we should all start rooting for SF to get out of the top 10

Dr. Lecter
11-10-2007, 09:15 AM
I could see tham taking McFadden, he is special.

They could take a WR too; Stallworth and Moss are on (basically) one year deals.

Or, they could trade down, stock up on future picks and take a LB like Laurinitas.

!Papacrunk!
11-10-2007, 09:16 AM
they'll probably draft a QB just so they can show the league that they can use 2 QBs, one for each half, to gain 300 yards each. Sigh

Confused
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
gayness up the anus. the whole senario.

Stewie
11-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I think it's safe to say they're going to trade down. They have averaged over one trade a year involving their first day picks since pioli/belichick started running the drafts.

patmoran2006
11-10-2007, 09:23 AM
they'll probably draft a QB just so they can show the league that they can use 2 QBs, one for each half, to gain 300 yards each. Sigh
I would think Miami would target Dorsey or Long.

Coach Sal
11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
I would think Miami would target Dorsey or Long.

Probably.

But a lolt will depend on Ronnie Brown's recovery. Miami could elect to take McFadden if they aren't sure about his long-term health.

Carlton Bailey
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The Jets need McFadden; they don't have any offensive weapons teams game plan around.

Miami should take a lineman.

Keith Rivers, USC's LB, might be the Pats' choice. Bruschi, Vrabel and Seau are all UFAs and are advancing in age.

Mr. Miyagi
11-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Someone really needs to roll up on Brady's knees and end his career. That mofo. :mad::mad:

ajsdx
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
if that's the way things shake out, i know i'm not the only one hoping that the next mike williams (the #4 overall MW) comes to the patriots.

Mitchy moo
11-10-2007, 10:03 AM
NE will trade down and take picks, they need to add depth on their depth, on their depth..................

John Doe
11-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Somehow they will wheel and deal ending up with good value this year and two #1 picks next year.

patmoran2006
11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Cant see them NEEDING a top 3-7 pick anywhere unless there is a stud LB in this draft I'm not thinking of.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm not so much interested in New England's pick as I am with ours. The way to get better is to address your own needs, rather than worrying about everyone else.

I hope we take a big, rangy WR with our first pick.

YardRat
11-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I think Miami and the Jets both go D. New England will trade out. Buffalo should tag a WR.

BillsFever21
11-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Miami- #2 Overall
NY Jets- #3 Overall
New England- #4 overall
Buffalo- #19 overall

That's not a misprint, NE owns SF's first rounder next year, which currently would be the 4th pick.. How f'n sick is that?

Gonna be a lot of rookie talent coming into this division next year as the Jets and Miami both suck as well.

That really freaking sucks. Their highest draft pick should've been the one taken away from them. The commishes reasoning was that they lost "their" pick and not the one from the trade. Now I may be wrong but isn't that their pick too? It doesn't matter how they got it. What a crock of sheet.

Hell of some punishment for them. The money means nothing to them. Big deal the most talented team in the league lost the 32nd pick in the draft. Like that player was so important to them. Their highest draft pick should've been the one they had to give up.

Here a bunch of cheaters who were supposed to be "punished" will have a Top 5 draft pick this year.

BillsFever21
11-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I think it's safe to say they're going to trade down. They have averaged over one trade a year involving their first day picks since pioli/belichick started running the drafts.

Unless there is a player there that they really want they will trade down and stockpile draft picks. They have done such a masterful job in the draft and trading picks it's not even funny.

These guys have elevated their draft selection over the years by trading 2nd and/or 3rd round picks that they didn't need for 1st round picks the following season(s)

These guys essentially could end up with a 1st round pick out of a couple later first day picks. Trade a late 3rd round pick for a lower pick that year and then that teams 2nd round pick in the next draft. Then do the same thing that year for that teams first round pick the following season.

These guys have had the luxury to do this for years because they were so damn good and didn't need that draft pick. After already earning a couple 1st round picks or so this way they will now end up with a Top 5 draft pick. I wish we would've done something like this over the years. Say what you want about these guys but their front office is by far the best in the league.

They could trade down a few spots and net another 2nd round draft pick. Then they could trade their late 2nd for a 1st next year. This is how they got them picks. Over a two year span they can net a late 3rd into a high 1st round pick while in the meantime still having extra picks from the trade.

How many years in a row is this where the Patriots have had two 1st round draft picks and even 2nd round draft picks? Their highest draft pick should've been the one that was taken from them because of Spygate.

Oaf
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM
We will need to hit on day two picks for a change to compete with this.

Ickybaluky
11-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Miami- #2 Overall
NY Jets- #3 Overall
New England- #4 overall
Buffalo- #19 overall

The Pats pick actually would be anywhere from 4-7, since all those teams are 2-6. Strength of Schedule is the tiebreaker (coin flip after that, if the SOS is the same), and Strength of Schedule won't be known until the entire season plays out.

That trade is going to end up being the Pats best ever. They dealt the #28 pick in 2007 (used for OT Joe Staley) for SF's 1st in 2008 and 4th in 2007 (#110).

The Pats traded the 4th (#110) for Randy Moss. The other looks like a top-10 pick.

BTW, the Pats also have Oakland's 3rd as well, which right now is in the top 7 of that round.

MTBillsFan
11-10-2007, 05:45 PM
That really freaking sucks. Their highest draft pick should've been the one taken away from them. The commishes reasoning was that they lost "their" pick and not the one from the trade. Now I may be wrong but isn't that their pick too? It doesn't matter how they got it. What a crock of sheet.

Hell of some punishment for them. The money means nothing to them. Big deal the most talented team in the league lost the 32nd pick in the draft. Like that player was so important to them. Their highest draft pick should've been the one they had to give up.

Here a bunch of cheaters who were supposed to be "punished" will have a Top 5 draft pick this year.

The NFL loves Brady and Bellicheat and will make sure that they can do anything in their power to let NE win:crush:

IF the NFL wanted to "punish" NE they would've stripped them of their entire draft!