A little more Sunday night football for the Bills?? Merry XMAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

A little more Sunday night football for the Bills?? Merry XMAS?

According to profootballweekly.com

Expect a couple of changes to NBC’s Sunday-night slate

By Barry Jackson
    Nov. 9, 2007

Look for a few game changes — but not a lot — when NBC begins Year Two of flexible Sunday-night scheduling.

To refresh, here’s how it works: Thirteen days before NBC’s games in Weeks 11 through 16, the league will decide whether to change NBC’s assignment. The decision will be made six days before NBC’s Week 17 telecast. CBS and Fox can each protect five games in Weeks 11 through 16, but not more than one per week. They can’t protect any games in Week 17. No teams can appear more than four times on NBC.
    At least three of the games are very likely to remain on NBC’s schedule: Eagles-Patriots on Nov. 25, Colts-Ravens on Dec. 9 and Redskins-Giants on Dec. 16. The Nov. 18 Bears-Seahawks game was replaced by Patriots-Bills.

Here’s how the three other flex schedule Sundays stack up:

Bengals-Steelers on Dec. 2: Though the game isn’t particularly attractive, there’s no clear-cut superior option. Lions-Vikings is one possibility. Two games have been protected that day — Jets-Colts and Giants-Bears.

Buccaneers-49ers on Dec. 23: This one likely will be dumped. Best available options: Redskins-Vikings or Giants-Bills.

Chiefs-Jets on Dec. 30: Figures to be replaced by Titans-Colts or Lions-Packers. Keep in mind that the league’s intent isn’t to give NBC what is necessarily the best game, but to make sure it doesn’t carry a horrendous game with no playoff implications. The league must balance NBC’s wishes against those of CBS and Fox, who clearly don’t want to lose marquee games on their schedule.

AROUND THE DIAL
    The Patriots’ finale on Dec. 29 at the Giants will be on NFL Network, meaning New England’s bid to make history (if the Pats are still unbeaten) would be available in just 35 million of the nation’s 112 million TV households.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: A little more Sunday night football for the Bills?? Merry XMAS?

Yeah, It's a home game as well.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

It seems that a lot of people on this board who drive to the games don't like the late games. Or I could be imagining it??

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        It seems that a lot of people on this board who drive to the games don't like the late games. Or I could be imagining it??
        It obviously messes up monday a bit but hey it's monday, who gives a rats ass. Just having a chance at more night games shows that we have a team worth watching. Is there anything more you can ask for as a fan than having that?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

When does the decision come down for that week?

There is at least an outside shot the Bills could still be in contention headed into that Giants game.

Personally, I dont like it. A LOT of people buy tickets in advance of games and plan long drives/trips around them, and changing a 1pm game to 8pm I think is bull****.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I think people need to quit whining.

Let me edit this post. Seriously, being on a night game is good for the team and the franchise. They gave everyone two weeks notice about the NE game. That is plenty of time to adjust your plans.

D & S Sports

Comment

• MTBillsFan
              • May 2003

That'd be freakin sweet! More National TV! Vikes and Redskins probably won't happen.
              Send me some wings!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Giants at Bills Dec. 23rd, night game..mmmmm...time for a blizzard!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

I think the mood that an outdoor X-mas time game in Buffalo would bring is exactly what the country would enjoy. If it snowed during the game, it would be perfect.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      supposedly, the Monday or Tuesday two weeks before the game...that would mean 12/10 or 12/11.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Giants at Bills Dec. 23rd, night game..mmmmm...time for a blizzard!!
                        That right there is why the NFL might fall in love with that game for NBC, especially if the Bills are still in playoff contention.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          I think people need to quit whining.

Let me edit this post. Seriously, being on a night game is good for the team and the franchise. They gave everyone two weeks notice about the NE game. That is plenty of time to adjust your plans.
                          Not true for all. Can't always change plane tickets and get time off

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006

There is at least an outside shot the Bills could still be in contention headed into that Giants game.

Personally, I dont like it. A LOT of people buy tickets in advance of games and plan long drives/trips around them, and changing a 1pm game to 8pm I think is bull****.
                            The decision comes down no less than 13 days before the game is to be played. Thus, we will know by December 10 whether or not the change would be made for this game.

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                              ...we have a team worth watching. Is there anything more you can ask for as a fan than having that?
                              A Super Bowl Victory?
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X