Good Morning JP, this is your career calling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Good Morning JP, this is your career calling.

No excuses. You're playing the worst team in the conference today. With NE looming next week, you need this game badly to be in playoff position over the last six teams.

You're playing a defense that's already soft, and missing Zack Thomas. God only knows who's playing the safety spots this week.

In all seriousness, I think his Bills future is on the line today. Play a strong game against the lowly Phins and I think Jauron sticks with him for the remainder of the season.

Revert back to ugly Losman, stink up the joint and God forbid we drop this game, it's all but a lock that you're going back to the bench, and barring injury, it will be for good.

Not saying it's necessarily fair to put everything on the quarterback right now, but I think that's the way it's going to be. Unfortunately for him, he's kind of put himself into that position.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Good Morning JP, this is your career calling.

Originally posted by Administrator
    J.P. Losman is not a member of www.BillsZone.com
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

On the flipside to be fair.

I think if Losman wins today and plays well, I think he should earn the right to be the starter.. for the rest of the season.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Agree that it's one and out.

JP needs to have a very good day today.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

i agree that today is do or die time for JP.

i also believe he's up to the challenge.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I believe he won't even have to try that hard.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I wonder why guys like Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Vince Young and others get to screw up game after game, but JP's career is on the line every time he takes the field.

If we had stuck with JP like the Giants have with Manning - through horrible losses and embarrassing performances - we'd have a damned good QB by now.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• njsue
                Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                • Sep 2003

JP's game got pushed while he was on the bench. Perfect methodolgy by Jauron.

Don't forget to vote.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I wonder why guys like Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Vince Young and others get to screw up game after game, but JP's career is on the line every time he takes the field.

If we had stuck with JP like the Giants have with Manning - through horrible losses and embarrassing performances - we'd have a damned good QB by now.
                  None of the QB's you mentioned have a lousy winning percentage like Losman. None of them also have a backup QB, that many people, including the owner (allegedly) think is better than the starter.

Also note in my post I said that I dont think it's necessarily fair, but its the way it is.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I still have no faith in either QB.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      None of the QB's you mentioned have a lousy winning percentage like Losman. None of them also have a backup QB, that many people, including the owner (allegedly) think is better than the starter.

Also note in my post I said that I dont think it's necessarily fair, but its the way it is.
                      I would guess that Manning's winning percentage after 20 something starts - what JP has now - might be roughly comparable. Manning was also blessed with multiple WRs, Tiki Barber and a pretty good O line. And Denver and Tennessee often win despite their QBs' mediocre performances.

I simply feel that JP has never been given the same opportunity as many of the young QBs in this league. It often takes 3 or 4 years for a QB to hit his stride.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

As I said in Buff's thread earlier, I expect Miami to bring A LOT of heat in the beginning stages of the game today. I'm assuming they'll protect deep, especially on Evan's side, to negate the long ball thread and continually blitz to stop the run and put pressure on Losman.

The middle routes are going to be open, as are the safety valves and the hot reads, and how successful this offense is going to be lay squarely on JP's shoulders.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                          As I said in Buff's thread earlier, I expect Miami to bring A LOT of heat in the beginning stages of the game today. I'm assuming they'll protect deep, especially on Evan's side, to negate the long ball thread and continually blitz to stop the run and put pressure on Losman.

The middle routes are going to be open, as are the safety valves and the hot reads, and how successful this offense is going to be lay squarely on JP's shoulders.
                          I hope they do blitz early and often, it will make our running game DOMINATE.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            No excuses. You're playing the worst team in the conference today. With NE looming next week, you need this game badly to be in playoff position over the last six teams.

You're playing a defense that's already soft, and missing Zack Thomas. God only knows who's playing the safety spots this week.

In all seriousness, I think his Bills future is on the line today. Play a strong game against the lowly Phins and I think Jauron sticks with him for the remainder of the season.

Revert back to ugly Losman, stink up the joint and God forbid we drop this game, it's all but a lock that you're going back to the bench, and barring injury, it will be for good.

Not saying it's necessarily fair to put everything on the quarterback right now, but I think that's the way it's going to be. Unfortunately for him, he's kind of put himself into that position.

Good post.

I agree.

We are in transition. Losman is the underdog-a holdover from a prervious administration.
                            Trent is the default guy.
                            If Losman does well today, and follows it up with respectability against the Pats, he's either our guy or valuable trade bait.

Still, I think we are eventually headed for Trent.

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

I think jp is going to have a bad taste in his mouth for a long time if he blows this game, but I don't think he will. His biggest test is NE.

Comment

Working...
                              X