PDA

View Full Version : Still like our idiot coaching staff?

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Everyone (even me) talks about how good they are at having the team prepared- well, this week was their toughest challenge in that regard because the Fish are 0-8 and the big Pats game next week. They failed miserably.

On top of that, the clock management was horrible. They were outcoached on the play at the end of the second drive. They were outcoached when the Fish pretended to go for it on 4th and it cost them a time out early in the half that we needed later in the half. Some things never change.

So, what exactly is this coaching staff good at again? Fewell gets a pass cuz the D is the only reason we're still in this game. Jauron, Fairchild and McNally blow.

Nighthawk
11-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Umm, I've never liked our coaching staff.

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Well, I was talking to all the people who thought Jauron should be coach of the year because we beat the Bengals last week.

Elminster
11-11-2007, 02:10 PM
What I don't understand is why we insist to keep passing. Losman isn't having a good day, the Miami offense is eating the clock, Marshawn is successful when given the ball, why aren't we running? And why, when we DO run, do we never seem to have enough blockers? The only thing matching the play-calling on offense is the execution. The defense is ready to play, but the offense missed the plane. And that falls on our old friends Fairchild and Jauron.

Wys Guy
11-11-2007, 02:19 PM

But, ...but, they were coach of the week last week.

Wys Guy
11-11-2007, 02:20 PM
File right after "this one goes to 11."

casdhf
11-11-2007, 03:05 PM
A win is a win.

djjimkelly
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
a win is a win but coaching staff was pretty bad today.

add in 1 horrific pass by JP in first half several big drops.

GAINES PLAYED REAL BAD TODAY THE ONE DROP NOT GOING FORWARD FOR FIRST DOWN with 1 minute left.

we are lucky we won.

Mahdi
11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
There was nothing wrong with the coaching. It was obvious and very clear that the offense just had no flow and that led to a lack of execution. Parrish had an early drop , Reed couldnt get his feet down, run blocking was ineffective etc. Every team wins ugly sometimes, the point is that you come out with the win even when yer not playing yer best. Of course there no reasoning with some of you, no matter what happens yer going to complain about the coaching staff. Fact is, this is a team with a lack of talent and were still 5-4. Im sorry but you cant have a lack of talent AND a poor coaching staff and still manage a winning record. Not in the NFL anyways.

TheBrownBear
11-11-2007, 03:24 PM
The coaches weren't the ones who held on to the ball for forever and couldn't hit an open target if their lives depended on it.

The defense and special teams were solid, so if you're singling out the coaches the only one who might deserve blame is Fairchild.

Lexwhat
11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Fewell and the defense, and Marshawn Lynch, won this game for us.

... Same story every time we win a game.

tat2dmike77
11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
If op was the bills coach they would never loose a game EVER. they would score at least 500 points a game and give up none. Eventually the NFL would just stop playing the season and give the bills the super bowl trophy for ever cause there would be no point in playing any game.

Luisito23
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I still want Fairchild gone....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Mahdi
11-11-2007, 03:36 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!
I want a true #2 WR, a real receiving TE, and a C that can get movement at the LOS.

Michael82
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!
So do I. The offensive gameplan is pathetic! :ill:

Wys Guy
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
A win is a win.

Depends entirely upon what your goals are on a more serious note.

Do you think that Jets fans are saying that about last season?

Most of you said the same thing about the Bills in '04 too.

YardRat
11-11-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not touting Dick for COY, but I don't think the coaching staff deserves the amount of criticism that they are getting....Even Fairchild.

The roll-out screen was a great call. Adjusting the routes after the half was also, when it became obvious JP wasn't going to hit a long one if his life depended on it.

It's going to be another tough week at OBD for the staff, especially Jauron with the call at QB.

billsburgh
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
But, ...but, they were coach of the week last week.
coach of the year according to some

patmoran2006
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the majority of you in this thread.

I thought the coaching was pretty good today.

We knew were playing an offense that's really bad, so we didn't want to take too many chances and try to hand them the game; like Losman's ugly INT or the one that should've been returned for six by Jason Allen.

Chatman got his yards, but the defensive coaching was good. Except for one drive (which the unit was DEAD tired thanks to our offense) we gave them some then buckled down when we needed to.

Offensively, I thought the game plan was OK. It's not Fairchild's fault that Losman threw a third down pass at Reed's feet on the first drive, or led him out of bounds despite being wide open on third down on the third drive.

The call to Gaines was a GREAT call by Fairchild out of a power running set, he just straight-up dropped the best pass Losman threw all day.

I have no problem with our coaching and game planning today, other than it looks like we just rolled out of bed during the first half. I can't help but think that's natural though when you're playing a 0-8 team with New England looming next.

Dallas did it against us, and like us, we're giftwrapped a game.

John Doe
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the majority of you in this thread.

I thought the coaching was pretty good today.

We knew were playing an offense that's really bad, so we didn't want to take too many chances and try to hand them the game; like Losman's ugly INT or the one that should've been returned for six by Jason Allen.

Chatman got his yards, but the defensive coaching was good. Except for one drive (which the unit was DEAD tired thanks to our offense) we gave them some then buckled down when we needed to.

Offensively, I thought the game plan was OK. It's not Fairchild's fault that Losman threw a third down pass at Reed's feet on the first drive, or led him out of bounds despite being wide open on third down on the third drive.

The call to Gaines was a GREAT call by Fairchild out of a power running set, he just straight-up dropped the best pass Losman threw all day.

I have no problem with our coaching and game planning today, other than it looks like we just rolled out of bed during the first half. I can't help but think that's natural though when you're playing a 0-8 team with New England looming next.

Dallas did it against us, and like us, we're giftwrapped a game.

Good points by PatMoran2006.

A few other things:

It is true that the offense did not play well in the first half, but there was absolutely no panic by the team. Even JP came back in the 4th quarter and played OK.

Again, the Bills had hardly any penalties during the game - 2 for 10 yards.

It is my understanding that this is the sign of a well coached team.

Oaf
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, I was talking to all the people who thought Jauron should be coach of the year because we beat the Bengals last week.
:stfu: He should and will be COTY if he can get this team to the playoffs.

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
There was nothing wrong with the coaching. It was obvious and very clear that the offense just had no flow and that led to a lack of execution. Parrish had an early drop , Reed couldnt get his feet down, run blocking was ineffective etc. Every team wins ugly sometimes, the point is that you come out with the win even when yer not playing yer best. Of course there no reasoning with some of you, no matter what happens yer going to complain about the coaching staff. Fact is, this is a team with a lack of talent and were still 5-4. Im sorry but you cant have a lack of talent AND a poor coaching staff and still manage a winning record. Not in the NFL anyways.

wow, this is dense. You don't think the run blocking schemes have anything to do with the coaches? What about plays like the 3rd down empty backfield play after the S that hung JP out to dry or the number of times the offense broadcast the point of attack? What about the refusal to test the middle of the field despite all the Dolphins injures at S and MLB? Notice how two plays after Webster went out, the Dolphins successfully threw at Butler?

What about that 4th down play by the Fish that cost us a much needed timeout and the awful clock management at the end of the first half?

Damn, some people see what they want to see. The coaching was again inept.

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
:stfu: He should and will be COTY if he can get this team to the playoffs.

Playoffs? Are you ****ing kidding me? We beat an 0-8 team by 3 points. This team isn't making the playoffs.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Great points OP :clap:

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 05:37 PM
No coaching staff is going to turn JP into an NFL QB. The guy is just plain horrible and he was playing for his financial future.

YardRat
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Damn, some people see what they want to see.

Bullseye.

How about the adjustment by the defense after the first quarter to slow down Chatman?

How about the adjustment by Fairchild shortening up the deep routes to compensate for the lack of being able to hit them?

How about the call on fourth down to go for a first instead of kicking a long FG?

How about not abandoning your running game in the fourth quarter? How about those roll-outs to the TE's?

How about the great call that got Gaines wide open down the seam? How about forcing Miami to use all their TO's on the Bills' final drive, not leaving them with any when they got the ball back?

How about those tight coverage calls on Miami's final drive?

How about kicking Miami when they're down by running ML right back at them for the 2-pt conversion instead of trying some dumb-ass pass play?

How about taking an anemic (at best) offense and an extremely over-worked defense into the locker at the half, down on the scoreboard in their house and keeping them into the game?

Bull****. Every coaching staff makes errors during the course of the game and to call them out on everything is just being a whiny little *****.

Show me a game...any game, any time, anywhere...that was perfectly coached and perfectly called...Otherwise STFU.

Jan Reimers
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I loved the squib kick at the end, which left the Fins about 2 short plays from field goal position.

YardRat
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Better than kicking away to Ginn and having him possibly return another one for a TD.

Hard Nose Football
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Jauron's pluses outweigh his minuses. This team could have easily packed it in at 0-3 with all the injuries and a crappy QB. The players respect him. For the most part, the game plans are solid.

But he does have a "hand's off" approach with his coordinators that can be troublesome. Game management is also an adventure at times.

If I were him, I'd hire an old coach advisor ( a Dick LeBeau type) to help during the games.

unpaid_bills
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
A win is a win doesnt matter who they are playing. The coaches have kept the team together playing touch in most of the games this year despite all the injuries.

I do not think Jauron is the long-term answer either but he is not the worst coach in the league, in fact for this team he is actually a pretty good fit with the players we have. Look at the Defense and Special Teams. You have to give the coaches some of the credit. Some of the play calling looks questionable but they are at least trying different things. I personally like the fact they kept JP in there and got the win. In the 4th they ran the ball with the huge OL and Marshawn. Miami is winless but played pretty decent at least on D they shut the Bills down on offense.

Bottom line Bills 5-4 thats all that matters

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Bullseye.

How about the adjustment by the defense after the first quarter to slow down Chatman?

How about the adjustment by Fairchild shortening up the deep routes to compensate for the lack of being able to hit them?

How about the call on fourth down to go for a first instead of kicking a long FG?

How about not abandoning your running game in the fourth quarter? How about those roll-outs to the TE's?

How about the great call that got Gaines wide open down the seam? How about forcing Miami to use all their TO's on the Bills' final drive, not leaving them with any when they got the ball back?

How about kicking Miami when they're down by running ML right back at them for the 2-pt conversion instead of trying some dumb-ass pass play?

How about taking an anemic (at best) offense and an extremely over-worked defense into the locker at the half, down on the scoreboard in their house and keeping them into the game?

Bull****. Every coaching staff makes errors during the course of the game and to call them out on everything is just being a whiny little *****.

Show me a game...any game, any time, anywhere...that was perfectly coached and perfectly called...Otherwise STFU.

Show me a game- any game, any time, where this coaching staff has outcoached their opponents.

Oohh big deal- this coaching staff managed to dig themselves out of a hole they dug themselves into in the first place.

Not every coach makes the same errors game after game. Ours does. But hey, if you're satisfied with barely beating winless teams and losing to good teams, continue to defend them.

historypete
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Fairchild and his ultra-conservative, I'll let the defense dictate what I'll call rather than us dictating our offensive philosiphy, should have been fired weeks ago. Does this guy even have an offensive philosiphy???

I've said this for weeks now, he is an inept coordinator who does not have a creative, aggressive thought.

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Fairchild and his ultra-conservative, I'll let the defense dictate what I'll call rather than us dictating our offensive philosiphy, should have been fired weeks ago. Does this guy even have an offensive philosiphy???

I've said this for weeks now, he is an inept coordinator who does not have a creative, aggressive thought.

and Jauron does nothing about it, week in and week out.

historypete
11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
and Jauron does nothing about it, week in and week out.

That is exactly why Jauron is culpable for the pathetic outputs this offense has put up. He should have addressed this problem weeks ago, but he has refused and that falls directly on him as the HC.

Oaf
11-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Playoffs? Are you ****ing kidding me? We beat an 0-8 team by 3 points. This team isn't making the playoffs.

IF

Like or not Op, we're still in it, sorry about that. Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose. We now know both sides of the coin.

YardRat
11-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Show me a game- any game, any time, where this coaching staff has outcoached their opponents.

Oohh big deal- this coaching staff managed to dig themselves out of a hole they dug themselves into in the first place.

Not every coach makes the same errors game after game. Ours does. But hey, if you're satisfied with barely beating winless teams and losing to good teams, continue to defend them.

Baltimore, the Jets twice, Cincinnati, and Miami.

Digging yourself out of a hole is also known as 'making adjustments'. Good staffs do, poor ones don't. See Miami and their running game yesterday. See the no-huddle against the Ravens, and the Creep defense against Dallas.

I'm pretty comfortable at 5-4 at this point in the season...they're in a better spot then I thought they'd be.

Everybody makes mistakes during the course of a game...Sometimes at the most inopportune moments..That doesn't make them complete failures.

If you're expecting perfection from any player or any coach on this team, or any team, you need to find a new hobby.

alohabillsfan
11-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Bullseye.

MOST AWESOME POST! TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OFF MY KEYBOARD!

alohabillsfan
11-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Yes, lets blame the offensive coor. That's what they have done down here in jacksonville for 4 or 5 years! Jack Del Rio is on his 3rd offensive coor in that period, the only common denominator for their crappy offense was sticking with the 1st round pick of Byron Leftwich, instead of 4th round pick D. Garrad? They are know 6-3 and Byron is benched in Atl! I am not saying that we are exactly like that but for some posters it's always the coor. and not a player! I just see 2 diff teams when each QB is in there. Lets hope for the best!

Historian
11-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Everyone (even me) talks about how good they are at having the team prepared- well, this week was their toughest challenge in that regard because the Fish are 0-8 and the big Pats game next week. They failed miserably.

On top of that, the clock management was horrible. They were outcoached on the play at the end of the second drive. They were outcoached when the Fish pretended to go for it on 4th and it cost them a time out early in the half that we needed later in the half. Some things never change.

So, what exactly is this coaching staff good at again? Fewell gets a pass cuz the D is the only reason we're still in this game. Jauron, Fairchild and McNally blow.

I would say winning a game on the road, in 85 degree heat, against a team that had two weeks to prepare for you is quite a coaching feat.

The worst decision they made was making their players wear the navy pants instead of the white ones, IMO.

mybills
11-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I skimmed through this thread so if this has already been said, sorry.

One second left to kick a field goal before half time and they didn't give it to us. Jauron didn't fight for it, either. :mad:

Another thing I saw was 2 n 5 - penalty - 5 yds repeat 2nd. We set up for the next play and the board said 4th & 9. Did anyone else notice how messed up the board was?

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Baltimore, the Jets twice, Cincinnati, and Miami.

Digging yourself out of a hole is also known as 'making adjustments'. Good staffs do, poor ones don't. See Miami and their running game yesterday. See the no-huddle against the Ravens, and the Creep defense against Dallas.

I'm pretty comfortable at 5-4 at this point in the season...they're in a better spot then I thought they'd be.

Everybody makes mistakes during the course of a game...Sometimes at the most inopportune moments..That doesn't make them complete failures.

If you're expecting perfection from any player or any coach on this team, or any team, you need to find a new hobby.

And our staff made adjustments once- what about all the times they failed to do it?

Expecting perfection? No. Expecting a lot closer to perfection than what we're seeing? Absolutely. Expecting coaches to learn from their mistakes instead of repeating them game after game? Absolutely. Expecting our coaches NOT to screw up the one thing they've gotten right consistently since coming here? Absolutely.

Our coaches failed in those regards. But hey, you're satisfied with close wins over crappy teams and losing to good teams. So I guess 5-4 is acceptable. Never mind that it's still 4 games and a tiebreaker off the division lead. Never mind that it's at best a long shot for an AFC wild card. It's better than you expected so it must be acceptable right?

Not being a complete failure is a semantic argument. They're still not good enough.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
IF

Like or not Op, we're still in it, sorry about that. Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose. We now know both sides of the coin.

but only good teams make the playoffs and you said yourself that we know both sides of the coin, so how can you say that this is a good team.

I don't like it at all that we're at best an outside shot at a wild card and won't realistically make the playoffs, but that's the reality of the situation.

Michael82
11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
I would say winning a game on the road, in 85 degree heat, against a team that had two weeks to prepare for you is quite a coaching feat.

The worst decision they made was making their players wear the navy pants instead of the white ones, IMO.
good point. I understand that they like the blue on blue look, but why the hell are you wearing dark blue pants, to go along with your dark blue jersey and make you even hotter? You could have worn the white pants and that might have made you feel a little cooler.

mush69
11-12-2007, 09:31 AM
good point. I understand that they like the blue on blue look, but why the hell are you wearing dark blue pants, to go along with your dark blue jersey and make you even hotter? You could have worn the white pants and that might have made you feel a little cooler.

You Nailed It! Its all about the pants! Who would have guessed it! They probably didn't want to get the white ones dirty in all that grass. I'll never forget my Mom and all the hours she spent trying to get the grass stains outta my practice pants. The coaches must have remembered too, and wanted to give the laundry guys a weeks rest.

:beers: