PDA

View Full Version : Bills Beat Phins... My THOUGHTS

patmoran2006
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
First, I'd like to thank the Miami organization for the six-week early Christmas gift. How we won a game we had no business deserving I have no idea. I"ll say this though, it feels good for ONCE to be handed a game rather than giftwrap one to the other team.

As for Miami, I can see why they are 0-9. Stupid holding penalty on Ginn's return. God only knows how many critical dropped passes by Marty Booker.

But hey, a win is a win. On to my game thoughts (?)

* Let's start with the most obvious. JP Losman always has been and always will be Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde. Whether your on the Losman or Edwards side of the fence, you have to be blind to not understand that knowing how he'll play is about as reliable as flipping a coin. It hasn't changed in three years, and it never will with this organization. Some of you can point to the Gaines drop that was probably a TD (and it was a perfect throw) all you want, but the bottom line is this guy nearly single-handedly lost this game for us.

That first half was one of the most brutal 30 minutes I've ever seen. That poorly underthrown interception was pathetic and showed for the 15,000th time how little "touch" he has. He spent the majority of the game with little or no pressure yet still looked rattled in the pocket, and far too often was throwing off his back foot.

11 points (3 set up by a great punt return by Parrish) against a defense ranked near the bottom of the league, missing Zack THomas the entire game, Jason Taylor most of the second half and Roth the entire fourth quarter--- is not acceptable at the NFL level.

Most importantly, let's thank the Buffalo Football God's that Jason Allen just flat-out DROPPED an interception that would've easily been returned for a TD and put the game away on us. Losman was HORRIBLE and if the organization was higher on Edwards' future before this game, that just increased ten-fold. Having said that, I dont think Jauron will make a change this week (though personally against real defenses I like Edwards better). We've won 4 straight and going into NE I dont see him making a major change that may or may not distract the locker room.

Other observations.
* This was the first time this team didn't look ready to play. It's obvious they fell into a trap against lowly Miami.

* Lynch's mere 61 yards were as impressive as I"ve seen in a long time. His will is just incredible. There are times he's just NOT going to go down. It was also nice to get a little dose of him in the passing game.

* The offensive line played pretty solid, and was EXCELLENT in pass protection. Losman could've packed a lunch 85% of the time he dropped back.. Peters and Dockery are starting to become dominant and I have to admit, Langston Walker.. to this point.. HAS BEEN worth the money.

* Kelsay had easily his best game of the season. Despite Chapman's big day, I thought the DL played pretty well, especially at the DE spot.

* Jabrari Greer is becoming a LEGIT shut down corner. I love this guy.

* Teams need to stop punting to Roscoe Parrish.. He WILL hurt you.

SUMMARY: This team was horrible today, and the QB'ing couldn't have been much worse if it tried. They looked uninspired, especially offensively, and if this same team shows up vs New England they're losing by 30.

Though I dont think Jauron will make a change, the talk is going to be dominated again by a QB controversy in the media and on this board. Get used to it. When your starter gets a second chance and plays that putrid, it deserves to happen.

I still can't believe we won this game. SEriously, I'm in shock. That must be because we're the ones who are always giving games away instead of getting them handed to us. MIami legitimately may go 0-16 now. The Dolphins SHOULD have won that game by two touchdowns or more. HOrrible drops, dumb penalties and an easy TD interception dropped is why they don't win.

At the same time, let's give credit where it's due. The Bills have now won 4 in a row and 5 of their last six. They are dead smack in a playoff race, even assuming they lose to New England. I don't think Jauron, Fairchild or even Losman himself needs any of us to remind him of how horrible he was today.

At the end of the day, we're 5-4 and once the stink of our offensive performance wears off in a day or two, it's going to feel pretty damn good.

dannyek71
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
lets lock up greer long term now

raphael120
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Losing by 30? I think we'll lose by 50 if we play the way we did today. Just pathetic offensively. I think it's safe to say we know what JP gives us and let's just be done with this experiment. If you can't get **** done against the ONLY team in the league with no wins, then you don't deserve to be a starter in this league.

Lexwhat
11-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice post, although what about our special teams coverage unit? Why can't they stop kick returns??

Didn't we keep guys like Mario Haggan, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer (although injured), and even Coy Wire to prevent this type of stuff? Mario Haggan has played especially bad this year - even taking costly penalties...

patmoran2006
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Nice post, although what about our special teams coverage unit? Why can't they stop kick returns??

Didn't we keep guys like Mario Haggan, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer (although injured), and even Coy Wire to prevent this type of stuff? Mario Haggan has played especially bad this year - even taking costly penalties...
Good point.

I don't know what's going on. NOt just the kick return that got called back, but how dumb was that direct squibber that gave them the ball at the 45 and only took 4 seconds off the clock?

Kerr
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I still can't believe this team won such an ugly game. I'm almost terrified of seeing losman goes into the NE game as the starter. Belichek will throw different blitzes at him and try to confuse him. Jp is definitely no Peyton Manning at reading defenses.
Besides all that, Lynch came up big again with huge runs towards the end. I'm just glad the team got the win.

SquishDaFish
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with most of what you said Pat. :clap:

But add on a kudos to Miamis Defense. They played great also. It wasnt all JPs bad play today. Give some credit to a Defense they played with some damn heart. :clap:

TigerJ
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I had a work related commitment this afternoon and had to tape the game. I almost dread looking at it despite knowing the results. It sounds like one ugly win. I also note that five out of the 8 one o'clock games were upsets. The freakin' Rams beat the Saints. In most seasons there are one or two weeks where the number of upsets just goes through the roof. I don't know why it happens that way, but when it does, you just thank your lucky stars if the favored team of which you're a fan gets away with a victory.

Cntrygal
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Cincy - Dr. Jeckell
Miami - Mr. Hyde
NE - Dr. Jeckell?????

Maybe JP is on an "every other game" schedule?

:calm: