PDA

View Full Version : Good Teams Win Ugly!

Pride
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
This was the excuse that we heard after the Cowboys won the MNF game against us. Why shouldn't we believe that it works for us too?

As far as I am concerned... we won ugly today. But... guess what... WE WON!

On top of that.. it was against a division rival, who had their backs against a wall, and played like they had nothing to lose.. oh... and it was AWAY!

I'll take a win like this... any day!

Here's to a 4 game winning streak, and playing spoiler next week!

Kerr
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
You make a good point, but the difference is that Tony Romo hardly has had back to back awful games. JP has had his share of inconsistencies. If JP can have a good game next week, in my mind he would have cemented the job for the rest of the year because NE is as tough as it's going to get.

Cntrygal
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
:10:

Pride - I'd give ya "real" rep - but I'm out!

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
This was the excuse that we heard after the Cowboys won the MNF game against us. Why shouldn't we believe that it works for us too?

On top of that.. it was against a division rival, who had their backs against a wall, and played like they had nothing to lose.. oh... and it was AWAY!

Hell YEAH!!!
Winning ugly is part of football, and it was our turn today finally!
I'm going to enjoy it, we know we're better than that, but today,
we didn't need it! WE WON! :squish:

YardRat
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
:gobills:

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes, I'll take the win and it is great that we are 5-4. But the goal is the playoffs and JP will not be the guy to get us there.

Should I pretend like I didn't see JP completely suck for the entire game?

Does anyone here not believe that a healthy Edwards wouldn't have done a better job today? Seriously, anybody?

Pride
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Dude... shut up. You've said the same thing in about 10 different threads today. You just sound like an annoying broken record.

LtFinFan66
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Not so good teams win ugly too

mikemac2001
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes, I'll take the win and it is great that we are 5-4. But the goal is the playoffs and JP will not be the guy to get us there.

Does anyone here not believe that a healthy Edwards wouldn't have done a better job today? Seriously, anybody?

I think edwards most likely would have played better but i hated how we came out this game...also a couple receivers made some bad plays reed on sideline and gaines over the middle gaines was easy 7 and JP made enough plays late to help us win

Still the D won this game

Meathead
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
just as good teams win ugly good players find ways to win even when they arent at their best

jp was painfully awful the first half. im kinda shocked how bad he was and wonder if i was premature in believing he had turned the corner. im certainly not ready to give up on him but lets just say im less confident in him than i was before this game

yet when the game was on the line and the bills were down by eight is when he started making plays. between this year and last hes developing somewhat of a pattern in being able to do that

criticize him all you want and he will deserve most of it. but he did it when he needed to time after time after time late in the game to seriously help the team win. note also he didnt make any mistakes down the stretch, another key to pulling out the win. hate all you want but nobody can take that away from him

one thing for sure if he craps the bed like that against the cheats, even for just a half, the holes gonna be so big the team wont have a chance to pull it out at the end. it will be interesting to see what happens next week

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 08:54 PM
assuming what Edwards might of done, is just worthless bullcrap.
Yes we saw JP have a bad game, but we won.
Which was good enough for Trent, when he had a bad game, but we won.
So :stfu: and enjoy the divisional win. (You can pretend that Trent played today if you want), we WON!

historypete
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
just as good teams win ugly good players find ways to win even when they arent at their best

jp was painfully awful the first half. im kinda shocked how bad he was and wonder if i was premature in believing he had turned the corner. im certainly not ready to give up on him but lets just say im less confident in him than i was before this game

yet when the game was on the line and the bills were down by eight is when he started making plays. between this year and last hes developing somewhat of a pattern in being able to do that

criticize him all you want and he will deserve most of it. but he did it when he needed to time after time after time late in the game to seriously help the team win. note also he didnt make any mistakes down the stretch, another key to pulling out the win. hate all you want but nobody can take that away from him

one thing for sure if he craps the bed like that against the cheats, even for just a half, the holes gonna be so big the team wont have a chance to pull it out at the end. it will be interesting to see what happens next week

Excellent post Meathead.

JP was bad and downright awful at times. But when they needed it he led them on two scoring drives in the 4th Quarter to win. Do we need more consistancy from him and better play. Absolutely there is no way around that. But I still am going to beat the drum that no matter who the QB is, as long as Fairchild is gameplanning and calling the plays this offense will be downright frustrating to watch.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

justasportsfan
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
JP was bad and downright awful at times. But when they needed it he led them on two scoring drives in the 4th Quarter to win. Do we need more consistancy from him and better play. Absolutely there is no way around that. But I still am going to beat the drum that no matter who the QB is, as long as Fairchild is gameplanning and calling the plays this offense will be downright frustrating to watch.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> just like we hated the way Flutie won ?

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
just like we hated the way Flutie won ?

To be honest I couldn't stand that guy. I loved watching those teams play, but on offense with him leading the way it could be downright, hit your head against a wall frustrating. I remeber that Baltimore game when he played like crap, the Defense held them to six points or something and we pulled it out at the end and Flutie was god. Anyway, a win is a win though.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Flutie saved our franchise!

Oaf
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
It's at least a lot better than losing pretty.
This makes up for the Dallas loss.

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I understand Flutie saved the franchise, but that was in 98 and I'm eternally greatful.

In 1999 he wasn't very good, and that is something I think people forget because we were winning.

feelthepain
11-11-2007, 10:13 PM

Good teams also win aginst good teams, not just bad teams!! Go back over the last three years and look at your teams record of wins and loses between good teams and bad teams.

RockStar36
11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Good teams also win aginst good teams, not just bad teams!! Go back over the last three years and look at your teams record of wins and loses between good teams and bad teams.

And bad teams to lose....EVERY TEAM!!!

RedEyE
11-11-2007, 10:29 PM

And really bad teams are 0-9.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
And really bad teams are 0-9.

:roflmao:

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Ya and reallllllllly shi**y teams like to go 0-16 and not have 1 win in their record.

Ebenezer
11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Good Teams Win Ugly

Then Buffalo is the best team ever because that may have been the ugliest game I have ever seen. Truthfully, I wasted three hours of my life.

clumping platelets
11-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Not so good teams win ugly too

Bad teams just continue to lose :ontome:

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Bad teams just continue to lose :ontome:difference being: I KNOW my team is bad....Some of you THINK your team is good

clumping platelets
11-12-2007, 12:40 AM
difference being: I KNOW my team is bad....Some of you THINK your team is good

We've won 4 games in a row.......you must admit that that's good :brush:

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
That is good but it doesn't make you good. Difference there. We will see where you stand next week. I will be surprised if you keep it within 17. If you play like you did today, you will lose by 30+

Ebenezer
11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
it's a watered down league....the Bills of today would get spanked by the '91 or '92 Bills 66-0. The 2007 Pats might be the only team in the league to be able to compete with those 4 SB teams or the NYG, Wash, Dallas teams.

im4bflo
11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
difference being: I KNOW my team is bad....Some of you THINK your team is good

We SQUISHED the FISH, and that's REAL GOOD!!!

Historian
11-12-2007, 05:00 AM
I agree with Pride's original premise.

To be able to defeat a team when you don't bring your A game is significant.

The Bills may have taken a valuable step in their development yesterday.

Historian
11-12-2007, 05:01 AM
....and we SQUISHED THE FISH!!!!!

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 05:06 AM
If you consider being handed a game helpful to their development then so be it

Ebenezer
11-12-2007, 05:13 AM
If you consider being handed a game helpful to their development then so be it
If Booker catches one of those two passes the Bills lose.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Booker should be gone next year. Rookies can drop those passes just as well as a higher paid vet

feelthepain
11-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Only Bill fans consider never beating good teams irrelevant.

YardRat
11-12-2007, 05:59 AM

If the kickers miss two last second field goals we're 7-2. It works both ways.

YardRat
11-12-2007, 06:01 AM
If the Dolphins had made a couple of plays here and there up to this point in the season they'd be.....still 0-9.

Nevermind.

Historian
11-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Only Bill fans consider never beating good teams irrelevant.

Only the fish are 0-9.

mybills
11-12-2007, 06:08 AM

I don't believe Trent would have done better. I seriously don't understand what makes people have comments like this. You only saw JP suck for the entire game? I watched the game at the Bills Backer's Bar. There were 24 of us there, and 10 of them started yelling for Trent in the 1st Q. The only thing that would've accomplished was (maybe) tie the score at 3. :rolleyes:

This game was mangled by the entire O side of the ball. They weren't opening holes for Lynch, 5 different guys missed catches, some throws good some bad, and they weren't giving JP any time. They wouldn't have been able to do that for any QB, so it didn't matter that JP was in there other than to give his haters more excuses to hate him. It was ALL of them.

Jeff1220
11-12-2007, 06:26 AM

When you start throwing "what ifs" in there, the possible scenarios become endless.
What if Gaines catches that ball?
What if the Josh Reed pass is complete?
What if one more block was made that could've sprung Lynch for a long one?
What if Buffalo could hold on for 5 more combined seconds vs. Denver and Dallas?

Every game has "what ifs" but you can't use them as excuses or dwell on them because in the end the only thing that matters is the final stat - W.

Luisito23
11-12-2007, 06:53 AM
If the Dolphins had made a couple of plays here and there up to this point in the season they'd be.....still 0-9.

Nevermind.

Hahahaha.......That "team" really is that pathetic.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Mike13
11-12-2007, 07:37 AM
We've won 4 games in a row.......you must admit that that's good :brush:
You have beaten the teams you are supposed to beat, the reality is you are not a good team, and you struggled against a ****ty team yesterday.
Beat a great team and I'll give you guys respect.
Good teams are not one game above .500.

"Oh but we almost beat Dallas"

By that ******ed logic, I could say we almost beat you so that makes us 1-8.

BAM
11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I'll take this win too man! Any WIN is a good WIN. Especially against the Fins, a DIVISIONAL opponent!

I would like to give away the big burn on my upper lip though!

Jan Reimers
11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
It was an ugly win, but it makes up a little for the ugly losses. I'll take an ugly win over an artistic loss any day of the week.

Whether we're really a good team remains to be seen, however.

Pride
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
I'll take this win too man! Any WIN is a good WIN. Especially against the Fins, a DIVISIONAL opponent!

I would like to give away the big burn on my upper lip though!

I still want to know what you were thinking... haha

BAM
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I still want to know what you were thinking... haha

No idea. I was smashed man!