X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Good Teams Win Ugly!

This was the excuse that we heard after the Cowboys won the MNF game against us. Why shouldn't we believe that it works for us too?

As far as I am concerned... we won ugly today. But... guess what... WE WON!

On top of that.. it was against a division rival, who had their backs against a wall, and played like they had nothing to lose.. oh... and it was AWAY!

I'll take a win like this... any day!

Here's to a 4 game winning streak, and playing spoiler next week!
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Good Teams Win Ugly!

You make a good point, but the difference is that Tony Romo hardly has had back to back awful games. JP has had his share of inconsistencies. If JP can have a good game next week, in my mind he would have cemented the job for the rest of the year because NE is as tough as it's going to get.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

Pride - I'd give ya "real" rep - but I'm out!
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Pride
        This was the excuse that we heard after the Cowboys won the MNF game against us. Why shouldn't we believe that it works for us too?

As far as I am concerned... we won ugly today. But... guess what... WE WON!

On top of that.. it was against a division rival, who had their backs against a wall, and played like they had nothing to lose.. oh... and it was AWAY!

I'll take a win like this... any day!

Here's to a 4 game winning streak, and playing spoiler next week!
        Hell YEAH!!!
        Winning ugly is part of football, and it was our turn today finally!
        I'm going to enjoy it, we know we're better than that, but today,
        we didn't need it! WE WON!

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Yes, I'll take the win and it is great that we are 5-4. But the goal is the playoffs and JP will not be the guy to get us there.

Should I pretend like I didn't see JP completely suck for the entire game?

Does anyone here not believe that a healthy Edwards wouldn't have done a better job today? Seriously, anybody?

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Dude... shut up. You've said the same thing in about 10 different threads today. You just sound like an annoying broken record.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

Not so good teams win ugly too

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Yes, I'll take the win and it is great that we are 5-4. But the goal is the playoffs and JP will not be the guy to get us there.

Should I pretend like I didn't see JP completely suck for the entire game?

Does anyone here not believe that a healthy Edwards wouldn't have done a better job today? Seriously, anybody?

I think edwards most likely would have played better but i hated how we came out this game...also a couple receivers made some bad plays reed on sideline and gaines over the middle gaines was easy 7 and JP made enough plays late to help us win

Still the D won this game

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

just as good teams win ugly good players find ways to win even when they arent at their best

jp was painfully awful the first half. im kinda shocked how bad he was and wonder if i was premature in believing he had turned the corner. im certainly not ready to give up on him but lets just say im less confident in him than i was before this game

yet when the game was on the line and the bills were down by eight is when he started making plays. between this year and last hes developing somewhat of a pattern in being able to do that

criticize him all you want and he will deserve most of it. but he did it when he needed to time after time after time late in the game to seriously help the team win. note also he didnt make any mistakes down the stretch, another key to pulling out the win. hate all you want but nobody can take that away from him

one thing for sure if he craps the bed like that against the cheats, even for just a half, the holes gonna be so big the team wont have a chance to pull it out at the end. it will be interesting to see what happens next week
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• im4bflo
                      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                      • Sep 2003

assuming what Edwards might of done, is just worthless bullcrap.
                      Yes we saw JP have a bad game, but we won.
                      Which was good enough for Trent, when he had a bad game, but we won.
                      So :stfu: and enjoy the divisional win. (You can pretend that Trent played today if you want), we WON!

Comment

• historypete
                        • Feb 2005

just as good teams win ugly good players find ways to win even when they arent at their best

jp was painfully awful the first half. im kinda shocked how bad he was and wonder if i was premature in believing he had turned the corner. im certainly not ready to give up on him but lets just say im less confident in him than i was before this game

yet when the game was on the line and the bills were down by eight is when he started making plays. between this year and last hes developing somewhat of a pattern in being able to do that

criticize him all you want and he will deserve most of it. but he did it when he needed to time after time after time late in the game to seriously help the team win. note also he didnt make any mistakes down the stretch, another key to pulling out the win. hate all you want but nobody can take that away from him

one thing for sure if he craps the bed like that against the cheats, even for just a half, the holes gonna be so big the team wont have a chance to pull it out at the end. it will be interesting to see what happens next week

Excellent post Meathead.

JP was bad and downright awful at times. But when they needed it he led them on two scoring drives in the 4th Quarter to win. Do we need more consistancy from him and better play. Absolutely there is no way around that. But I still am going to beat the drum that no matter who the QB is, as long as Fairchild is gameplanning and calling the plays this offense will be downright frustrating to watch.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by historypete

JP was bad and downright awful at times. But when they needed it he led them on two scoring drives in the 4th Quarter to win. Do we need more consistancy from him and better play. Absolutely there is no way around that. But I still am going to beat the drum that no matter who the QB is, as long as Fairchild is gameplanning and calling the plays this offense will be downright frustrating to watch.
                          just like we hated the way Flutie won ?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• historypete
                            • Feb 2005

just like we hated the way Flutie won ?

To be honest I couldn't stand that guy. I loved watching those teams play, but on offense with him leading the way it could be downright, hit your head against a wall frustrating. I remeber that Baltimore game when he played like crap, the Defense held them to six points or something and we pulled it out at the end and Flutie was god. Anyway, a win is a win though.

Comment

• im4bflo
                              the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                              • Sep 2003

Flutie saved our franchise!

Comment

Working...
                              X