PDA

View Full Version : Where's the play action pass?

Buffalogic
11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
With our rushing attack being the only bright spot and how pathetic the rest of the offense looks, where has the play action pass been?

I think they ran a play action one time the entire game and it was late in the fourth quarter on that Michael Gaines catch. I mean shouldn't we be using the run to set up the pass? With the threat of Lynch in the backfield I just don't understand why there isn't more play action pass.

Also, JP needs to stop holding on to the ball looking for the deep completion every time! I'm a fan of the deep plays, but when they aren't there throw the check down. I'm getting really frusterated watching JP hold the ball forever looking deep when the play leads to a stupid sack. Our line is doing a great job in pass protection, yet we aren't reaping any benfits of that.

This was a brutal game to watch. And coaches....play action pass for crying out loud!

shelby
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Good post....

JP made some bad decisions today. He needs to get rid of the ball more quickly.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm done discussing about how JP can improve. He's terrible. End of subject.

How many games does he need. The coaching staff needs to grow some gonads and sit him before the Pats game and give us a shot to win it.

Oaf
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I swear the Pats do the simplest PA play in the book, but execute it perfectly over and over.

Play action Iso to Moroney, draws the LBs up, Brady passes it right behind those LBs to Watson in the seam over the middle.

With teams gearing to stop our only legitimate threat in Lynch, why not do things like that?

G Wolly
11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Steve Tasker even brought it up I think in the 1st quarter.

mikemac2001
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
What happened to screen pass

except for wr screen to lynch which was sweet

realdealryan
11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
The PA pass to Gaines on the last drive (or on the touchdown drive) was nice.

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
With our rushing attack being the only bright spot and how pathetic the rest of the offense looks, where has the play action pass been?

I think they ran a play action one time the entire game and it was late in the fourth quarter on that Michael Gaines catch. I mean shouldn't we be using the run to set up the pass? With the threat of Lynch in the backfield I just don't understand why there isn't more play action pass.

Also, JP needs to stop holding on to the ball looking for the deep completion every time! I'm a fan of the deep plays, but when they aren't there throw the check down. I'm getting really frusterated watching JP hold the ball forever looking deep when the play leads to a stupid sack. Our line is doing a great job in pass protection, yet we aren't reaping any benfits of that.

This was a brutal game to watch. And coaches....play action pass for crying out loud!

last year the play action wasn't a good option because our OL couldn't hold up long enough. But that hasn't been the case this year- our OL has been excellent in pass blocking and both sacks today were completely on JP not feeling the pressure or getting rid of the ball quickly enough. The OL can easily hold up long enough to run a play action now.

It all comes back to Fairchild. The guy is terrible.

Michael82
11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
last year the play action wasn't a good option because our OL couldn't hold up long enough. But that hasn't been the case this year- our OL has been excellent in pass blocking and both sacks today were completely on JP not feeling the pressure or getting rid of the ball quickly enough. The OL can easily hold up long enough to run a play action now.

It all comes back to Fairchild. The guy is terrible.
Yes, he is terrible and until he leaves, the offense will continue to stuggle. :ill:

YardRat
11-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Yes and he was terrible and until he leaves, so will the offense!

I think palladin warrior knows your password.

gil
11-12-2007, 07:36 AM
I think our coaching staff believes that NE holds the patent on the play-action and thus we can't use it.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I've seen highschool coaches with more imagination and balls than Fairchild. He SUCKS!!!!