Who thinks JP should remain our starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Who thinks JP should remain our starter?

Let's here it because I'm shocked that people didn't see the same game I did.

I thought JP was going to have a huge game today. Instead he was worse than I could have ever imagined. There is no doubt that a healthy Edwards would have played better today.

As Pat pointed, out I'm 100% sure that JP starts this Sunday but who really thinks this guy should remain as the starter?

I want to know now.
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

Re: Who thinks JP should remain our starter?

I think we get trounced not matter who the QB is for a number of reasons, but that isn't the question.

I really don't care who starts. JP was horrible today, especially in the 1st half. That underthrown pass to Evans was infuriating. But he show some moxy in the second half and 4th Quarter by completing 6 out of 7 passes. It would be interesting to see what people would say had he not throw such a piss poor ball to Evans, and had Gaines caught that ball.

I would't be against seeing Trent start. I like his composure and short to medium passing game. I would like to see the gameplan call for a more open and aggressive attack but that won't happen. I think Trent would do very well in that type of offense but Fairchild isn't creative enough to implement it.

I would say then, if Trent is the long-term guy, you play him. He needs the experience and we have to see what he can do against a superior opponent. Regardless though, whoever plays JP or Trent I'll support them and hope that they are given a workable offensive gameplan.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      There is no doubt that a healthy Edwards would have played better today.
      why couldn't he do it against the crappy jets?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm out of the 'Which QB Should Start' business. Let DJ make the call, and I'll root for whoever suits up on Sunday.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• deepslant
          • May 2007

Its the Pats. Either qb will get roasted so let the vet take the snaps. Prove "he's the guy."
          *********The Kid**********

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
            I'm out of the 'Which QB Should Start' business. Let DJ make the call, and I'll root for whoever suits up on Sunday.
            this is what kills me. If it was a Dick call , I would trust it. But it smells like prune juice which means Ralphy has something to do with it, and history shows, Ralphy stinks.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by deepslant
              Its the Pats. Either qb will get roasted so let the vet take the snaps. Prove "he's the guy."
              I understand this logic but this team is 5-4 and I would like to beat the Pats.

It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week. But after today I can't believe that JP is still the starter.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Unfortunately Ralph may be the only one with the balls and sense to start Edwards. Scary.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  this is what kills me. If it was a Dick call , I would trust it. But it smells like prune juice which means Ralphy has something to do with it, and history shows, Ralphy stinks.
                  I'm thinking if Ralph really did have anything to do with it Edward's would've started the second half today.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• historypete
                    • Feb 2005

It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week.

I think this is exactly how things are going to play out. Because if JP craps the bed against NE, which is a more likely senario than not, it is easy for them to return to Edwards. If JP plays lights-out then they can stick with him and his postseason value escalates. This works out real well for Edwards for a number of reasons. One, he gets another week to heal up. Two he is not thrown to the wolves on Sunday night football against a team we haven't been compedative against since opening day 2004. Three, if JP plays like garbage then everyone (fans and Management on a different level) will clamor for him to come back in and he will be in everyone's good graces.

Don't get me wrong. I like Edwards a lot. I think he will be a very good QB, but this is a week where JP will be left out to hang I think.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

I'm done with losman. Done.

I'd take the short trainer guy at this point
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                        I'm thinking if Ralph really did have anything to do with it Edward's would've started the second half today.
                        I don't think Edwards is 100% but I'm sure Ralphy wanted to call the fins and tell them what the next plays were so JP can look worse in the 4th qtr.. Too bad we won. Ralph is probably pissed off at Fewell.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I don't think Edwards is 100% .
                          I agree but I think Jauron wouldn't have pulled JP anyways.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I agree but I think Jauron wouldn't have pulled JP anyways.
                            I don't think he would either. At least we agree on something.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by historypete
                              It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week.

I think this is exactly how things are going to play out. Because if JP craps the bed against NE, which is a more likely senario than not, it is easy for them to return to Edwards. If JP plays lights-out then they can stick with him and his postseason value escalates. This works out real well for Edwards for a number of reasons. One, he gets another week to heal up. Two he is not thrown to the wolves on Sunday night football against a team we haven't been compedative against since opening day 2004. Three, if JP plays like garbage then everyone (fans and Management on a different level) will clamor for him to come back in and he will be in everyone's good graces.

Don't get me wrong. I like Edwards a lot. I think he will be a very good QB, but this is a week where JP will be left out to hang I think.
                              Great post but you killed my thread.

It's just sad that we have to go down this road. I think we have a 5% chance of winning with Edwards and a 0% with Losman.

Comment

Working...
                              X