PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire has had some interesting comments

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
This week I've found Coy Wire making some interesting comments. I forgot where I saw the first ones. I think they were from a press conference earlier in the week. And there are some from Sully's column in the Buffalo News. The link is below.

Anyway, these comments have to do with this team starting to win the close games and not falling apart at the end. And with the press conference earlier in the week they asked Coy if this was a game they could look past. He said to that question that in the past they would look past these games. Then if you read in Sully's column Wire talked about how in the past they would lose these games. Without saying it I think he is making an inidctment against some of the guys we've cut or traded away the last few years. Saying between the lines they didn't have real leadership in the past. Anyway I've found these comments very interesting and telling. For a long time we've always heard after tough games "We need to learn how to win", now it seems this team does know how to win.

Here is the Buffalo News Link: Go about half way down the page. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/204873.html

TigerJ
11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
They may be learning. I think one thing this team does have in abundance is a sense of unity. There really aren't many prima donas on this team. They care less about how they might look as individual players, and more about the score at the end of the game. That's a pretty good trait to have.

Tatonka
11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
hell of a good article.

shelby
11-12-2007, 04:19 AM
i like hearing how tight this team is.:up:

YardRat
11-12-2007, 05:15 AM
They are young and learning together.

Jeff1220
11-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Jerry Sullivan wrote a "ra-ra" piece? :headscrat

Seriously, I too like the identity this team is forming. I think these are signs of good things to come.

billser
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Maybe Marv knows what hes doing by getting young, character guys ...

Cntrygal
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
"Honestly, going into this game, we thought this was going to be the toughest game of the season," Wire said. "I think we're worthy of winning close ones like this now, because of the character of this team. Guys are putting in the extra work, so in these critical situations we have guys who stand up to the challenge as opposed to withering away."

:10:

It's about time that they're learning to FINISH the game. :up:

The last buffalo fan
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
:xtreme: :gobills: