PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Question for Fish Fans...

Historian
11-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Why did they ever trade Chambers away?

For the life of me, I can't understand it.

Mike13
11-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Chambers was overpayed and we got very good value for an overated WR.
What has he done in San Diego?
He hasnt done ****, it wasn't the system, its not the QB it has and always will be him.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Freeing up cap space, 2nd rounder, get the young guys more time. Pretty clear after yesterday that Booker will be next. Plus Chambers only seemed to play against you guys. We need to rebuild from the ground up

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Freeing up cap space, 2nd rounder, get the young guys more time. Pretty clear after yesterday that Booker will be next. Plus Chambers only seemed to play against you guys. We need to rebuild from the ground up

I think it was a good move. You just have to pay for it now.

Even though I had questioned the Wes Welker move I think that this team has 2+ years of rebuilding and Welker would definately be a waste of a roster spot.

Build with youth. Still not sure I like Ginn as the replacement but I understand the move after watching you guys yesterday.

By the way, pay your D coordinator whatever he wants.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 07:44 AM
By the way, pay your D coordinator whatever he wants.Why do you say that??

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Why do you say that??

I think your D is playing well in spite of the talent drop off. At least from what I saw yesterday.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
They played well this week. They hadn't been. I am thinking Capers is probably already the highest paid D coordinator

Mike13
11-12-2007, 08:00 AM
think your D is playing well in spite of the talent drop off. At least from what I saw yesterday

Yeah they palyed well THIS week, where was Joey Porter and Jason Taylor when it mattered 8 ****ing weeks ago!

At least JT can pad himself with bull**** stats to get his trade value up.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah they palyed well THIS week, where was Joey Porter and Jason Taylor when it mattered 8 ****ing weeks ago!

At least JT can pad himself with bull**** stats to get his trade value up.

I don't know how to break it to you buy you don't have much talent on your D. Jason Taylor is not the kind of end that has 5 more years in this league. He's not built that way.

Joey Porter was a bad pick up. When you have the oldest D-line in the league you shouldn't be expecting alot.

You also played without Zack Thomas so I was pretty impressed.

Historian
11-12-2007, 08:03 AM
I understand the logic, yet, you need some sort of marquee attraction to put fans in the seats.

I saw a lot of empty ones yesterday.

Was the blackout lifted down there?

Mike13
11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
I understand the logic, yet, you need some sort of marquee attraction to put fans in the seats.

I saw a lot of empty ones yesterday.

Was the blackout lifted down there?

I never heard there was a blackout, and it wouldn't have mattered to me as I went to the game.
There will be blackedout games this year though, knowing this crappy fanbase

Rob49
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Of course the defense played well this week, they were coming off their bye. It's expected of the team coming off their bye to get a W. Miami beat last years bears off their bye..
Now we got to worry about the best football team in the world coming off their bye...Should be fun.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't know how to break it to you buy you don't have much talent on your D. Jason Taylor is not the kind of end that has 5 more years in this league. He's not built that way.

Joey Porter was a bad pick up. When you have the oldest D-line in the league you shouldn't be expecting alot.

You also played without Zack Thomas so I was pretty impressed.Joey Porter actually earned his check yesterday. For the first time all year

dolphan117
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I think your D is playing well in spite of the talent drop off. At least from what I saw yesterday.Its the first time they have played well all season long. They have been garbage, and I mean awufull garbage. Playcalling has also been very predicatable. Your right though, they played great yesterday.

As to why we traded Chambers- Inconsistency. Dude has all the physical talent in the word and can make the circus catch.... But he lack concentration and doesn't have the mental toughness to get the most out of his talent. Will make a spectacular catch and then drop the easy one.

He isn't a bad wr but neither is he as good as people think he was.... By letting him go we freed up some cap space, added a BADLY needed second round pick, and opened up a spot for Teddy Ginn to get on the field and get the experience he needs.

Short term it hurt, long term we will be better off if Ginn grows into his role and whoever we draft turns out being good. Only time will tell for sure but I like the line of thinking, because we need a lot more talent then we have right now.

dolphan117
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Joey Porter actually earned his check yesterday. For the first time all yearHe has been coming on a little of late, nice to see. That and Jason Allen no longer looks like a bust. Not playing like a pro bowler or anything but he isn't getting embarrassed either.

Which is a major switch from pre season. Guy just might turn into a player once he gets comfortable back there at safety. Never should have been moved to corner in the first place.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Why did they ever trade Chambers away?

For the life of me, I can't understand it.

They were just clearing the way for Ginn to be the starter.:nana: :squish: