PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams WNSA interview

G. Host
03-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Brian H. captured an interview with Sam Adams on mp3 from WNSA. I saved it on my website for it is too big to e-mail even after I compressed it (5 MB).

In order to not overextend my website I will pass location but only by PM. If you can pass it onto another or have an idea where I can put it publically let me know.

Glenn

Tatonka
03-28-2003, 11:47 PM
i listened to it about 5 times.. and here is the closest summary to what was said..

1. he said that training camp is the most important part of the season.. he is very thankful for being able to get in here early.. he will be fit for the season.

2. buffalo felt like home.. he was absolutely commited to being a bill

3. he was told his job is to destroy everything in the backfield on all three downs.

4. he doesnt care about his stats, as long as everyone is doing well. he said sometimes it is tough to get sacks, with 2 and 3 "cats" on him.. he is not worried about his numbers.. he just wants to keep people off the other horses.

5. if you want to judge him.. he said line up across from him.

6. his knees hurt, but he plays on sundays. he said he is a Dlineman. that is the life of a Dlineman.

7. he has been to 2 superbowls, and probowls, at 350lbs.. he said his weight is not an issue.. he said he played for the best defense ever, and oakland went from 29th to 3rd.. and he was part of that.

8. likes pat williams, great player.. thinks he fits well with pat.

9. he knows if he does his job, spikes will do very well.

10. he thinks his SB experience will help, but guys need to get there and learn.. he can tell them, but they can only live it to learn.

11. he said that oakland structured his contract to be an every down player, but only played him on 1st and 2nd down. he was disappointed by that..

he did get a bit touchy about his weight.. the guy said does that keep you from being an every down player, sam said he CAN rush the passer.. he can be an everydown player.. he was told he will get that opportunity here.. if he thought he would be used as a 1st and 2nd down guy, he would be in cincy.

the guy asked about his weight again.. he said, 2 SBs and 2 PBs at 350.. i dont have a problem with my weight.. do you? the announcer was like.. ummm ummm well.. i dont know.. that is why i asked.. sam said, i gave you my answer.. but you wouldnt have asked if you didnt have an opinion.. the guy was like.. umm umm.. well maybe.. sam was basically like.. well, your wrong.

he sounds very committed.. very excited.. he said he hasnt been happy in a while.. he felt like his short stays in baltimore and oakland were just pit stops... he wants to be here for good.

wow.. i am pumped after hearing that

Kevikid
03-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Just for future reference, I've got 250 megs of MIT webspace that I'm really not using, just in case you want to host anything there... PM me if you're interested, or if something comes up in the future.