X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Kickoffs

I'm happy that the Bills won and all that but what is going on with the kickoffs. All of the sudden in the last two games we are giving up TD runbacks and what is with the short kickoffs. For the life of me I can't figure out that last kickoff which was waaay short. They ended up on the 45 yard line, whcih could have hurt us bad against a better club. Have they lost that much confidence in the coverage??
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Kickoffs

I think after the Ginn return that got called back, they figured the short kick would be safer and they would have faith in the D with not much time left and no Fin time outs left

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
      I think after the Ginn return that got called back, they figured the short kick would be safer and they would have faith in the D with not much time left and no Fin time outs left
      Well it almost backfired on them.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I still believe that it is due to the fact that we have so many of our Special Teamers starting on O and D due to injuries. A lot of the guys playing ST's right now were on the practice squad, or even sitting at home during summer camp.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          I still believe that it is due to the fact that we have so many of our Special Teamers starting on O and D due to injuries. A lot of the guys playing ST's right now were on the practice squad, or even sitting at home during summer camp.
          I was thinking the same thing. Sure we have our main special teams studs on there, but there is also a bunch of scrubs on the special teams now. Is Aiken even out there yet? I didn't see him.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Lindell had problems with short kickoffs in the past. For a while he seemed to be past them- he struggled a little against Cincy but I thought that might have been the wind. Apparently that wasn't the case since the weather was nice in Miami yesterday.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

I read somewhere... that the short kick was because they didn't want to kick to Ginn.

As far as giving up the returns.... they better figure something out - even if it's giving up the touchback every time.
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Pride
                That's exactly right. When you have so many injuries, it's usually the STs that are effected even more then the starting 22. Depth is a problem, and there are guys playing that wouldn't normally be doing so.

As far as the short KO at the end of the game.....I understand the thinking. They wanted to simply squib it through the middle, hopefully let it bounce around for a second, then have to be handled by someone other than Ginn. The problem was that it never got through the middle and was grabbed before it had that chance.

So, simply stated, Lindell didn't kick it hard enough and/or accurate enough for what they wanted.
                Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

Working...
                X