PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand Bills fans

FinFaninBuffalo
11-12-2007, 08:03 AM
IMO, the Bills are exceeding expectations this year. They are not without flaws, but they play smart football most weeks. When you read the threads on this site, you'd think they were the 0-9 team. Here is a view of the team from a rival fan:

QB - still a work in progress. Losman just can't get consistent. Edwards is probably the future of team. There is reason to be optimistic.

RB - Lynch is very good. I don't think we've seen how good he can be yet. Backups are an unknown. Thomas probably won't be on the team next year.

OL - Solid. Should probably upgrade at C and RG. Will get better with time together.

TE - Need a difference maker here.

WR - Not much after Evans. Could use 2 more WRs.

Overall the offense should improve with time. Inconsistent or inexperienced play at QB messes up the whole offense. They aren't confident enough to play with aggression yet.

DE - Very solid group. Should be set for several years.

DT - No one particular player stands out, but several of the DTs are solid in a rotation. Adding one legit wide body would help.

LB - A very young group. Not very consistent. Poz will be the leader when healthy. I think they would be better by adding another starter and moving Ellison and DiGiorgio to backups.

S - Whitner is solid. Too little experience at the FS position to be sure, but several players have gotten some experience.

CB - Solid group. Quite a bit of depth when everyone returns from injury.

The defense needs to add just a player or two (assuming the young guys continue to develop).

Special teams - Best punter in football. Solid kicker. Good coverage teams, Excellent return teams.

Coaching - Jauron seems to have the team ready to play each week. They play with discipline. They seem to be on an even keel each week. IMO, they have played over their heads this year. That is a sign of good coaching. The offensive coaching is a bit of a puzzler. I can't decide if the coaching is that bad or if the QB play is messing everything else up. Defensively they have had to deal with injuries and have played a lot of young players. They have done pretty well.

Overall - I think you are looking at an 8-8 caliber team that is a few players and some experience away from 10-6 and playoff contention. Why not enjoy the ride?

Jan Reimers
11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
We expect perfection.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Great analysis.

The biggest debates on this board are Jauron, Fairchild, Losman and Edwards.

Jauron IMO shouldn't even be an issue because the team is 5-4 which is ridiculous.

Fairchild isn't an innovator but the QB situation doesn't help. He still probably needs to be replaced.

Losman has had his shot, and again, and again, and yet agian.

Edwards is a rookie and I'm sure most Miami fans would take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunaley, on Billszone, he's being judged as a 4 year vet instead of a rookie with 3 games under his belt. The kid is definately our future.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Great analysis.

Jauron IMO shouldn't even be an issue because the team is 5-4 which is ridiculous.

Fairchild isn't an innovator but the QB situation doesn't help. He still probably needs to be replaced.

Edwards is a rookie and I'm sure most Miami fans would take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunaley, on Billszone, he's being judged as a 4 year vet instead of a rookie with 3 games under his belt. The kid is definately our future.

I think Fairchild needs to stay until the QB situation get sorted out. Add a couple of WRs and get Edwards some experience, then see what Fairchild can do. Jauron has the personality to handle a team. He isn't the tactition that some HCs are but he also won't feel threatened by having top flight assistants either.

BAM
11-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Please don't assume we're all like that. I, for one, am ecstatic with our success so far this season. We're one game over .500. Nobody thought that would happen after our terrible start.

:beers:

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Please don't assume we're all like that. I, for one, am ecstatic with our success so far this season. We're one game over .500. Nobody thought that would happen after our terrible start.

:beers:

After the first 3 weeks, I told my father-in-law that I thought this team had the potential to be the worst Bills team in recent memory. Boy was I way off.

Yet, people continue to rip Jauron. Yes, the guy has his flaws and makes mistakes, but you are a fool if you can't see that this team is well-coached in EVERY aspect. They are disciplined, don't take stupid penalties, and are rarely in the media for bad behaviour. The team also seems to be pretty closely knit, which can be acredited to both the coaching staff and the GM. I really like where this team is headed, especially considering the injuries and heart-breaking losses they've had to overcome already this season.

hydro
11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
After the first 3 weeks, I told my father-in-law that I thought this team had the potential to be the worst Bills team in recent memory. Boy was I way off.

Yet, people continue to rip Jauron. Yes, the guy has his flaws and makes mistakes, but you are a fool if you can't see that this team is well-coached in EVERY aspect. They are disciplined, don't take stupid penalties, and are rarely in the media for bad behaviour. The team also seems to be pretty closely knit, which can be acredited to both the coaching staff and the GM. I really like where this team is headed, especially considering the injuries and heart-breaking losses they've had to overcome already this season.

:goodpost:

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Im estatic and excited over where this team is heading after the horrible start. We will be in playoffs next year maybe even sneak in this year.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Great analysis.

He's played five games.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Great post. Totally agree.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I think you are generalizing to much, I think most Bills fans are enjoying the ride.

Mike13
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
You're D is solid and you have two every good offensive weapons in Evans and Lynch.

Losman doesn't strike me as anything special, the jury is out on Edwards IMO.

You guys don't have all the pieces yet, but you're getting there.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM

the play calling is terrible and continues to be terrible.

Jauron's clock management has always been terrible. He gambles when he should be conservative and vice versa.

Hell, the coaching staff is DIRECTLY responsible for two losses and almost cost us yesterday's game as well as the Ravens game.

Yet, people continue to defend Jauron. I hope you enjoy it because what you see right now is as good as we'll ever be under Jauron and Fairchild. They're idiots.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM
IMO, the Bills are exceeding expectations this year. They are not without flaws, but they play smart football most weeks. When you read the threads on this site, you'd think they were the 0-9 team. Here is a view of the team from a rival fan:

QB - still a work in progress. Losman just can't get consistent. Edwards is probably the future of team. There is reason to be optimistic.

RB - Lynch is very good. I don't think we've seen how good he can be yet. Backups are an unknown. Thomas probably won't be on the team next year.

OL - Solid. Should probably upgrade at C and RG. Will get better with time together.

Overall the offense should improve with time. Inconsistent or inexperienced play at QB messes up the whole offense. They aren't confident enough to play with aggression yet.

DT - No one particular player stands out, but several of the DTs are solid in a rotation. Adding one legit wide body would help.

LB - A very young group. Not very consistent. Poz will be the leader when healthy. I think they would be better by adding another starter and moving Ellison and DiGiorgio to backups.

S - Whitner is solid. Too little experience at the FS position to be sure, but several players have gotten some experience.

The defense needs to add just a player or two (assuming the young guys continue to develop).

Special teams - Best punter in football. Solid kicker. Good coverage teams, Excellent return teams.

Coaching - Jauron seems to have the team ready to play each week. They play with discipline. They seem to be on an even keel each week. IMO, they have played over their heads this year. That is a sign of good coaching. The offensive coaching is a bit of a puzzler. I can't decide if the coaching is that bad or if the QB play is messing everything else up. Defensively they have had to deal with injuries and have played a lot of young players. They have done pretty well.

Overall - I think you are looking at an 8-8 caliber team that is a few players and some experience away from 10-6 and playoff contention. Why not enjoy the ride?

SOme bills fans love to keep rebuilding.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Hell, the coaching staff is DIRECTLY responsible for two losses and almost cost us yesterday's game as well as the Ravens game.

Wrong. Wroong. Wrong.Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Why you can't give them any credit at all is beyond me.

If I told you before the season that: after 9 games the Bills would have 12 gusy on IR, 3 opening day defensive starters out for the year, be down 3 TE's, be down Price, had a QB carousel and have various depth guys out but would be 5-4 and in the playoff hunt, what would you say? Without Jauron's leadership and gameplanning the Bilsl would not have been close in those games.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:29 AM

If I told you before the season that: after 9 games the Bills would have 12 gusy on IR, 3 opening day defensive starters out for the year, be down 3 TE's, be down Price, had a QB carousel and have various depth guys out but would be 5-4 and in the playoff hunt, what would you say? Without Jauron's leadership and gameplanning the Bilsl would not have been close in those games.

notice how the D always shows up to play but the O is inconsistent regardless of who the QB is? Fairchild must go. I'd rather have Tom Clemens at this point.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM

first of all, this "in the playoff hunt" stuff is ridiculous- look at the AFC standings- we're at best a long shot.

And I'm absolutely right about the coaching staff directly costing us two losses. Any number of calls in the Dallas game could have won that for us (going for the FG at the end of the first half, the D on Dallas' final drive, etc). And the decision not to kill the clock against Denver is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen.

The team was COMPLETELY unprepared yesterday. The runs were predictable, they never attacked the weak middle of the Dolphins' D, Cameron coached Jauron out of a time out that cost us a scoring opportunity, and there were once again several play calls that made me go "wtf?".

I don't know why people continue to defend these coaches. Yeah, we won some games despite injuries. We also lost two very winnable games and the coaches make the same mistakes week in and week out. It's amazing that we win at all with these idiots. Fewell and April are carrying this team and Jauron and Fairchild are holding it back.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Because we've been on this ride before- twice this decade, in fact. It crashes at the end.

Typ0
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Im estatic and excited over where this team is heading after the horrible start. We will be in playoffs next year maybe even sneak in this year.

we'll be struggling next year to train another QB instead of training him now in favor of a loser "we need those three and outs to win now" mentality.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
we'll be struggling next year to train another QB instead of training him now in favor of a loser "we need those three and outs to win now" mentality.
Yeah! Instead we need that one TD every five games mentality, woo hoo! We're going to the Super Bowl with Edwards at the helm!

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
first of all, this "in the playoff hunt" stuff is ridiculous- look at the AFC standings- we're at best a long shot.

And I'm absolutely right about the coaching staff directly costing us two losses. Any number of calls in the Dallas game could have won that for us (going for the FG at the end of the first half, the D on Dallas' final drive, etc). And the decision not to kill the clock against Denver is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen.

The team was COMPLETELY unprepared yesterday. The runs were predictable, they never attacked the weak middle of the Dolphins' D, Cameron coached Jauron out of a time out that cost us a scoring opportunity, and there were once again several play calls that made me go "wtf?".

I don't know why people continue to defend these coaches. Yeah, we won some games despite injuries. We also lost two very winnable games and the coaches make the same mistakes week in and week out. It's amazing that we win at all with these idiots. Fewell and April are carrying this team and Jauron and Fairchild are holding it back.

Aprils ST hasn't been special lately. They almost cost us 2 games. BTW, Fewell did cost us the dallas game. He's making up for it but your blame is all over the place.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Aprils ST hasn't been special lately. They almost cost us 2 games. BTW, Fewell did cost us the dallas game. He's making up for it but your blame is all over the place.
Our lack of production on offense cost us the Dallas game.

imbondz
11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
in the mediocrity known as the NFL, we're a 5-4 team that could easily be 7-2!!!! that's what's painful.

I'm still psyched though that we don't suck like alot of other teams.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:44 AM

bull **** on the Dallas game.

Fewell did screw up on the last possession- that is true. But the D created six turnovers and scored twice. If the offense could have scored even ONE touchdown, the game would have been out of reach for Dallas. Fewell could have called a jumbo goal-line D and it wouldn't have mattered. Fewell and the D are the only reasons that game wasn't a total blowout.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Our lack of production on offense cost us the Dallas game.
that too but Fewell made the wrong calls that prevented the D from winning the game for the O.

imbondz
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM

oh yeah, and screw you.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
bull **** on the Dallas game.

Fewell did screw up on the last possession- that is true. But the D created six turnovers and scored twice. If the offense could have scored even ONE touchdown, the game would have been out of reach for Dallas. Fewell could have called a jumbo goal-line D and it wouldn't have mattered. Fewell and the D are the only reasons that game wasn't a total blowout.

You mean so close and yet so far? Your efforts are not complete when you don't finish out the game. You know , just like Dallas and the broncos finished the game in the last second?

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
that too but Fewell made the wrong calls that prevented the D from winning the game for the O.
We got six turn-overs and a TD from our defense, our ST's threw in a couple of FG's and a TD. How many TD's did we get from our offense?

Buffatexas
11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]
QUOTE]

OP...I thought Lindell was the kicker that missed the two field goals in the Denver and Dallas games, that if made, would have quite possibly won those games.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:53 AM
We got six turn-overs and a TD from our defense, our ST's threw in a couple of FG's and a TD. How many TD's did we get from our offense?
I know, I know The O couldn't score and the D didn't finish. They have since closed out games .

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
OP...I thought Lindell was the kicker that missed the two field goals in the Denver and Dallas games, that if made, would have quite possibly won those games.well , if we had the right coach calling the O , we wouldn't have to depend on a kicker to win or lose games for us.

MikeInRoch
11-12-2007, 09:57 AM

His game plan that put us in the position to win MORE than makes up for the mistakes he made at the end.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
His game plan that put us in the position to win MORE than makes up for the mistakes he made at the end.
I realize that, Sheez. But he didn't close out the game meaning it wasn't a complete performance by the D.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
OP...I thought Lindell was the kicker that missed the two field goals in the Denver and Dallas games, that if made, would have quite possibly won those games.

it was a bad decision to go for the kick in the Dallas game so that's on the coaches.

In the Denver game, we could have won the game despite the missed kick if our coaches had been smart enough to kill the clock. Instead, they put the whole game on one play and lost it. Stupid.

Historian
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
I think this is a solid football team.

I wish Poz were in there right now.

The D would be scarry good!

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Well, the Bills are only a game back of Jacksonville and Tennesee. They play Jacksonville.

Saying that the Bills are a "long shot" at best is stupid. Being one game out is hardly out of it, and while the remaining schedule is a bit tough, the games are definately winnable.

Your constant negativity is what part of what brings this place down. The Bills win 4 in a row, and you still aren't happy.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
This place really is more depressing after a win than it is after a loss.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
This place really is more depressing after a win than it is after a loss.
Word!

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, the Bills are only a game back of Jacksonville and Tennesee. They play Jacksonville.

Saying that the Bills are a "long shot" at best is stupid. Being one game out is hardly out of it, and while the remaining schedule is a bit tough, the games are definately winnable.

Your constant negativity is what part of what brings this place down. The Bills win 4 in a row, and you still aren't happy.

First, we're two games out of it because we play the Patriots this week.

Second, it makes the Jax game a must win- when was the last time the Bills won a must-win game? I think it was 2004 when we had that winning streak.

Third, we still play the Patriots, Jaguars, Browns, and Redskins- all teams that are .500 or better- and the Eagles, which is a team that's either really good or really bad. So, the road is tough.

Remember, we beat 0-9 Miami by 3 points and didn't lead the game until there were less than 2 minutes left.

And suddenly we're going to the playoffs? Wow.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Second, it makes the Jax game a must win- when was the last time the Bills won a must-win game? I think it was 2004 when we had that winning streak.

Third, we still play the Patriots, Jaguars, Browns, and Redskins- all teams that are .500 or better- and the Eagles, which is a team that's either really good or really bad. So, the road is tough.

Remember, we beat 0-9 Miami by 3 points and didn't lead the game until there were less than 2 minutes left.

Op! Have a beer or something! It's a damn win man, WE WON and have the second longest winning streak in the NFL! Are you going to complain if we beat the Patriots by three points?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Loser mentallity.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
If the Bills beat the Pats do you promise to not ***** about the win?

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM
We aren't going to win, there's no point in even showing up because we've already lost in alot of people's minds.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Loser mentallity.

What mentality? Everything I said is a fact.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:20 AM

How many players from 2004 are still here? How many coaches?

gr8slayer
Here's a fact for you, even with as factual as your facts are we've won FOUR GAMES IN A ROW! Can you remember the last time we won FOUR GAMES IN A ROW? We play to win don't we? Well WERE FREAKING WINNING!

Forward_Lateral

Even if they lose, the Bills are still 5-5. That's far from "out of it". BTW those other teams have to play tough teams as well.

Well, they've won the last 4 "must win" games if you ask me. A loss in any of the previous 4 games and this team is out of conention.

Forever the pessimist. I bet if you had a Golden Goose, you'd complain that all it did was lay eggs.

I never said the Bills were going to the playoffs, I said they have a legit shot at it, at this point in the season. Learn to read.

BTW, please stop using "we" when you refer to the Bills. You aren't part of the team, in fact, you are barely a fan.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:22 AM

We're not beating the Patriots so there really is no point in addressing this.

But for the record, I already said that if the impossible happens, I will not ***** about beating the Patriots.

I despise the Patriots and they may be the best team in NFL history- if we beat them, I don't care how it happens, I don't care how bad we look, I don't care how lucky we get- I just want to beat those ****ers so bad.

But the Patriots aren't the Dolphins. We should beat winless teams and we should beat them soundly.

justasportsfan
you sound defeated already....... as usual.

Dr. Lecter
Good thing you are not a Saints fan!

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
We're not beating the Patriots so there really is no point in addressing this.

But for the record, I already said that if the impossible happens, I will not ***** about beating the Patriots.

I despise the Patriots and they may be the best team in NFL history- if we beat them, I don't care how it happens, I don't care how bad we look, I don't care how lucky we get- I just want to beat those ****ers so bad.

But the Patriots aren't the Dolphins. We should beat winless teams and we should beat them soundly.
I say we just don't show up to the game.... What do you think?

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
you sound defeated already....... as usual.

last time I checked I'm not on the team so my mentality is irrelevant.

And yeah, as a fan I feel defeated already. This team doesn't overcome obstacles- they make new ones. If you believe they're going to make the playoffs, it's based on nothing- certainly not on past performance.

So, you can put your hope in this team to do something they've never proven they can do but all you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:27 AM

And yeah, as a fan I feel defeated already. This team doesn't overcome obstacles- they make new ones. If you believe they're going to make the playoffs, it's based on nothing- certainly not on past performance.

So, you can put your hope in this team to do something they've never proven they can do but all you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I would claim that they do overcome obstacles.

Winning 4 straight games (yes 4 in a row) with injuries galor and multipe starting QB's is overcoming obstacles.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I say we just don't show up to the game.... What do you think?

I think we have to play hard and hope for the best.

But at the end of the day, it won't matter.

They're better than us and they'll probably beat us soundly. If we manage to keep it close, expect some controversial calls from the officials. No way the NFL lets the small-market, no-name Buffalo Bills spoil a perfect season. Think of the ratings over the final 6 games if the Pats might go undefeated.....

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM

Winning 4 straight games (yes 4 in a row) with injuries galor and multipe starting QB's is overcoming obstacles.
Yeah but we aren't going to win on Sunday so let's just not show up, then we can say that we technically are still on a four game winning streak because we didn't technically lose if we don't show up.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Why are you even a fan? Better question: Are you even a fan? Do you even cheer on Sundays, or just wait for the Bills to make a mistake so you can boo?

gr8slayer

They're better than us and they'll probably beat us soundly. If we manage to keep it close, expect some controversial calls from the officials. No way the NFL lets the small-market, no-name Buffalo Bills spoil a perfect season. Think of the ratings over the final 6 games if the Pats might go undefeated.....
If anything us beating the Pats is exactly what the NFL wants!

Dr. Lecter

Do you go into kindergarten classes screaming "There is no Santa" around this time of year?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
last time I checked I'm not on the team so my mentality is irrelevant..on a mb it is relevant. Some of us don't think like you do.

And yeah, as a fan I feel defeated already. This team doesn't overcome obstacles- they make new ones. If you believe they're going to make the playoffs, it's based on nothing- certainly not on past performance. .thanks for proving my point. You're defeated already just like losers think when going up against the odds.

I'd rather have hope than have a loser outlook like you do. I'm not as miserable as you are about a team I chose to cheer for and I don't have to make everyone else around me miserable likie you do.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM

I guess losing 2 heartbreakers that they should've won isn't an obstacle either. Or watching their teammate be carted off with life-threatening injury isn't either.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
on a mb it is relevant. Some of us don't think like you do.

thanks for proving my point. You're defeated already just like losers think when going up against the odds.

I'd rather have hope than have a loser outlook like you do. I'm not as miserable as you are about a team I chose to cheer for and I don't have to make everyone else around me miserable likie you do.

:bf1:

If you have no hope, than WTF is the point of even watching?

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Why are you even a fan? Better question: Are you even a fan? Do you even cheer on Sundays, or just wait for the Bills to make a mistake so you can boo?

yeah, that's right- I spend hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket and every Sunday watching the games just to boo :rolleyes:. Don't be ****ing ridiculous.

We beat the winless Dolphins by 3 points- hell, I've seen us play infinitely better and still lose games. Yet, people like you somehow think we can beat the Pats and make the playoffs based on nothing.

Don't challenge my fan status because of your unreasonable expectations. Too many people around here can't sort out what they want to happen from what's likely to happen.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM

Just quit posting, we've already lost and the team has been informed that there's no point in even showing up to the game.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:34 AM

because unlike you people, I don't have to convince myself the team is better than they are to watch it. They're my team no matter how bad it gets.

Statements like this imply that if you were to acknowledge all the problems this team has, you wouldn't even be able to watch. That's pathetic.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah, that's right- I spend hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket and every Sunday watching the games just to boo :rolleyes:. Don't be ****ing ridiculous.

We beat the winless Dolphins by 3 points- hell, I've seen us play infinitely better and still lose games. Yet, people like you somehow think we can beat the Pats and make the playoffs based on nothing.

Don't challenge my fan status because of your unreasonable expectations. Too many people around here can't sort out what they want to happen from what's likely to happen.

If you are writing this team off, when they are 5-4 and have overcome all they have this season, then no, you aren't a fan.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
because unlike you people, I don't have to convince myself the team is better than they are to watch it. They're my team no matter how bad it gets.

Statements like this imply that if you were to acknowledge all the problems this team has, you wouldn't even be able to watch. That's pathetic.

There is a difference between acknowledging problems and not recognizing positives. If you don't see anything positive this year, you have blinders on.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
If you are writing this team off, when they are 5-4 and have overcome all they have this season, then no, you aren't a fan.

I'll believe that this team can do what they've proven they can do. What they've proven is that they can beat bad teams and lose to good ones. Apparently, in your eyes, being a fan means having blind faith in the team. That's ridiculous.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM

No, what's pathetic is you calling yourself a "fan". You are nothing but a troll. All you do is ***** and moan, even when the Bills win.

Every fan HOPES for a win EVERY week. If you don't, you are not a fan of that team. Plain and simple.

The definintion of a fan is someone who roots for that team to WIN. Period.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
There is a difference between acknowledging problems and not recognizing positives. If you don't see anything positive this year, you have blinders on.

What good are positives when we're still a distant second to the Pats and at best an outside shot for the wild card? We're still not accomplishing the goal.

What good are positives when our idiot coach and moron offensive coordinator hold the team back?

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I'll believe that this team can do what they've proven they can do. What they've proven is that they can beat bad teams and lose to good ones. Apparently, in your eyes, being a fan means having blind faith in the team. That's ridiculous.

Blind faith? They've won 5 games. They've lost 4. That's a WINNING record. It's not unrealistic to think they have a shot at the playoffs. Thinking they'll go 12-4 may be unrealistic, yes, but nobody is saying they'll do that.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
What good are positives when we're still a distant second to the Pats and at best an outside shot for the wild card? We're still not accomplishing the goal.

What good are positives when our idiot coach and moron offensive coordinator hold the team back?
We're winning :idunno:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
No, what's pathetic is you calling yourself a "fan". You are nothing but a troll. All you do is ***** and moan, even when the Bills win.

Every fan HOPES for a win EVERY week. If you don't, you are not a fan of that team. Plain and simple.

Op makes Randy Quaid in Major league look like a homer.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM

What makes you think I don't root for the team to win? I've NEVER rooted against the Bills and I watch every game and cheer for them.

What you don't realize is that the word HOPE and the word EXPECT are not synonyms.

I HOPE the Bills beat the Patriots, win out, get the Wild Card and make the most improbable Super Bowl run in history. But that's not a reasonable expectation.

Here's the problem: we won, but we did NOTHING to show we're good enough to beat the Pats or get the Wild Card. So, you call yourself a fan, yet you seem content with barely beating winless teams. That may be good enough for you, but not for me. I want my team to be better than that.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Blind faith? They've won 5 games. They've lost 4. That's a WINNING record. It's not unrealistic to think they have a shot at the playoffs. Thinking they'll go 12-4 may be unrealistic, yes, but nobody is saying they'll do that.

and how many winning teams have we beaten in that span? None.

How many winning teams are still on our schedule? Four.

So yeah, it's unrealistic.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM

Newflash: Every team in the NFL is a distant second to the Pats. Every single one. All of them. Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers.

The team is being rebuilt. Rome was not built in a ****ing day. If your only acceptable level for this season is the Pats, then I really don't know what to say.

Ecept you think there are 31 crappy teams.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Newflash: Every team in the NFL is a distant second to the Pats. Every single one. All of them. Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers.

The team is being rebuilt. Rome was not built in a ****ing day. If your only acceptable level for this season is the Pats, then I really don't know what to say.

:meh: that's one argument I hate. We've been re-building for ten damn years! Other than that I agree with the idea behind your post.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
:meh: that's one argument I hate. We've been re-building for ten damn years! Other than that I agree with the idea behind your post.

I understand where you are coming from, but TD (although there were some good moves) left a mess on the O-line and other key areas.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM

My only acceptable level? It has nothing to do with me.

Who cares about the rest of the NFL? We're in the Pats division. So until we can compete with them, it's all for nothing. Until we can compete with them, we can't win the division and we basically start every season 0-2 with two conference losses, which is a hell of a hole for the wild card. Until we can compete with the Pats, the postives don't matter because the team is still playing golf instead of football on the first weekend of January.

gr8slayer
I understand where you are coming from, but TD (although there were some good moves) left a mess on the O-line and other key areas.
It does feel like we've finally got it going a bit.

justasportsfan
even if it's been ten years, we hope to get it right one day , otherwise there's always figure skating.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
even if it's been ten years, we hope to get it right one day , otherwise there's always figure skating.
We're getting it right. This is the best Bills team we've had in years and we're missing a good amount of starters, I mean hell, we have a freaking WR playing FS! We have some undrafted nobody playing MLB.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
The Ravens had a winning record when Buffalo beat them.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
The Ravens had a winning record when Buffalo beat them.
Yup, see the sig :up:

mysticsoto
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM

So? The Giants beat them by 3 pts also...what's your point?

While I'm not claiming that we are going to beat the Pats, I have to admit that we are doing better than I anticipated - and that's with one of the toughest schedules out there...

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 10:57 AM

While I'm not claiming that we are going to beat the Pats, I have to admit that we are doing better than I anticipated - and that's with one of the toughest schedules out there...
Quit speaking nonsense, we've already lost, didn't you know that?

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM

all I'm saying is that this team has a long way to go despite the win. People are talking about playoffs and beating the Pats and it's just a lot of nonsense at this point.