X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

A phantom call?

The holding penalty that negated Ted Ginn Jr.'s kickoff return for a touchdown was so far behind the play that the CBS cameras never caught it. It was so questionable that, according to alleged culprit Greg Camarillo, even alleged victim Justin Jenkins didn't cry foul.

"I think it was a fair play," said Camarillo, signed for his special teams acumen. "I asked the guy after the game, and he didn't think it was a penalty either. But if the refs call it, then I'm guilty."
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: A phantom call?

Stop whining. You lost.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

These calls happen in EVERY NFL game... usually they go against us. Yesterday, it went against our opposition.

I'm not going to apologize... as we've had our fair hair of non-existent calls go against us.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

The Bills deserved to lose this game but we didn't. It makes up for the Dallas game.

A win is a win no matter how bad.

Can you imagine the Bills without Lynch? He's probably won us 3 games single handedly.

Comment

• Wraith
          • Mar 2003

Whoever wrote that clearly wasn't paying very close attention. "Behind the play." Bull. The penalty occurred IN FRONT OF THE PLAY, so much so, that the official in question could be seen on screen throwing the flag during the run back.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            The Bills deserved to lose this game but we didn't. It makes up for the Dallas game.
            Now we just need one more win to make up for the Denver game!

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Pride
              These calls happen in EVERY NFL game... usually they go against us. Yesterday, it went against our opposition.

I'm not going to apologize... as we've had our fair hair of non-existent calls go against us.
              Great post! I was thinking the exact same thing and was about to post it, but you beat me to it.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                Registered Fish
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Wraith
                Whoever wrote that clearly wasn't paying very close attention. "Behind the play" Bull. The penalty occurred IN FRONT OF THE PLAY, so much so, that the official in question could be seen on screen throwing the flag during the run back.
                The "hold" occurred 15 yards away from Ginn. It was to the right and just behind. The official was in front of the play. I watched it several times on my DVR. Camarillo's left hand was barely on the outside of the opponent's right shoulder for a second. IMO, shouldn't have been called.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

HAHAHAHAHAHA... a bitter fish fan crying about having the worst record in the nfl..

i wonder how many teal wearing homos have thought about offing themselves because of that call.. rofl.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

I guess when you're 0-9 you're gonna complain about tiny little nothings.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

And the Bills should have had one more play at the end of the first half. And the Bills had the 1st down by a foot or more on JP's sneak that was nearly lost by a crappy spot.

The Dolphins should have won the game in several different ways. This is not a significant one.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Great points Dr. The Bills ahould of had a chance for the FG at the half there was 1 sec left on the clock. Now that was bull****.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                          Registered Fish
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          And the Bills should have had one more play at the end of the first half. And the Bills had the 1st down by a foot or more on JP's sneak that was nearly lost by a crappy spot.

The Dolphins should have won the game in several different ways. This is not a significant one.
                          ???? A TD called back in a 3 point game is not significant? WTF?

I don't thinks the Fins should have won the game but the call was still bad.

"Nearly" lost a first down? Now that's funny.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Pride
                            These calls happen in EVERY NFL game...
                            And when the do, fans complain. It's the nature of the beast.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

No, I mean bad calls by the referees are insignificant when one looks at plays like Booker having the dropsies (and Peele too).

Control what you can control and make the plays presented to you.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X