X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Where is the "Buffalo Waterfront"?

I am not that familiar with Buffalo, as I moved away as a young child, and when I visit... its basically only to Orchard Park for the Bills games.

All of this talk about a stadium downtown at the Waterfront got me thinking and looking at google maps. Where, exactly, is the site for this waterfront stadium being talked about?
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: Where is the "Buffalo Waterfront"?

You're kidding me?

You're very naive to think that just because Jimbo has rattled the cage that something is going to happen. A waterfront stadium is not going to happen, and it's been talked about for years upon years. We can't even sell out the suites in the Ralph, let alone a bigger stadium with more suites. If Buffalo could sustain a team, we wouldn't be looking towards Toronto. How are they going to fund a new stadium??? People are worrying about a new stadium when we don't even know if the team will stay here.

Stay focused. The team needs to stay here for there to even be the slightest dream about a new stadium.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
      You're kidding me?

You're very naive to think that just because Jimbo has rattled the cage that something is going to happen. A waterfront stadium is not going to happen, and it's been talked about for years upon years. We can't even sell out the suites in the Ralph, let alone a bigger stadium with more suites. If Buffalo could sustain a team, we wouldn't be looking towards Toronto. How are they going to fund a new stadium??? People are worrying about a new stadium when we don't even know if the team will stay here.

Stay focused. The team needs to stay here for there to even be the slightest dream about a new stadium.
      You didn't answer his question Know it all!!!

Pride I will find the link for you.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        You didn't answer his question Know it all!!!

Pride I will find the link for you.
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Here you go Pride.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background=""

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Thanks Thurm!

I wasnt saying that I believe its going to happen... but when people are discussing "the waterfront", I'd like to know what/where they are talking about.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Exactly Pride. But good thing that guy had to tell you how dumb you were...

Comment

• deathadder
                • Mar 2003

You ever watch Bruce Almighty? In the scene where Jim Carrey is seen walking on the water, you will see in the background the Waterfront. That is what the Waterfront is. It is right next to the Skyway.
                http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Pride... I've gone the Google route a few times looking for good spots. The best one near downtown is this strip of land where the Pier is now. Its south of downtown, but its definitely waterfront and close enough that it could help spread the "desirable" parts of the city. Not that I think any of this will ever happen (or should considering what we've invested in the Ralph), but its fun to play stadium builer. Here's the coordinates:

42.864,-78.877

Punch that into Google maps and you'll get a decent idea. Look at the satellite pic and you'll see that its this baren strip of land. It would be perfect.... if money were no object (or if vision existed in WNY in 1970).

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Ugh, I was just commenting on the idea of the stadium.

But if you DO get to go to the waterfront, hit up Shanghai Reds. Very nice restaurant, and I even saw Coy Wire and Jabari Greer there the Friday night i went. Pretty cool.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Shanghai Reds is very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X