• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Reason number 24,567 I want Edwards starting

Even if he dinks and dunks too much and it's annoying, I'd rather see more of that than MarShawn Lynch carrying the ball quite as much as he is and taking the pounding he's getting. Sooner or later, it's got to start to taking a toll on him. The guy is a beast and doesnt go down, as a result he takes an awful lot of hard shots.

I'd like to see, especially early in his career, get a few less carries. Short passes on early downs are just as effective, and I dont trust Losman to throw anything that's less than 25 yards.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Reason number 24,567 I want Edwards starting

Im staying out of this, the situation will resolve itself.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

Sorry Pat, but I really don't care who our QB is, I'll keep rooting for our team.
      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

I'm all for Edwards being the next great QB of this team, but this is not the time to put him back out there. Losman needs to start this game (and probably a couple more after that) so that we can definitvely say yes or no to him for the long haul. I'm sick of that lingering question (which I realize most have answered... but in opposing directions) of can he be the Bills' franchise QB hanging over our collective heads. Once and for all... we need to find out.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Even if he dinks and dunks too much and it's annoying, I'd rather see more of that than MarShawn Lynch carrying the ball quite as much as he is and taking the pounding he's getting. Sooner or later, it's got to start to taking a toll on him. The guy is a beast and doesnt go down, as a result he takes an awful lot of hard shots.

I'd like to see, especially early in his career, get a few less carries. Short passes on early downs are just as effective, and I dont trust Losman to throw anything that's less than 25 yards.
          What's an acceptable amount of carries to you?
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
            I'm all for Edwards being the next great QB of this team, but this is not the time to put him back out there. Losman needs to start this game (and probably a couple more after that) so that we can definitvely say yes or no to him for the long haul. I'm sick of that lingering question (which I realize most have answered... but in opposing directions) of can he be the Bills' franchise QB hanging over our collective heads. Once and for all... we need to find out.
            Put JP in and he stinks he'll get a pass because it's the "pats"

At what point do we stop giving JP the same excuses we'd give Trent. JP is a "Vet"

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              What's an acceptable amount of carries to you?
              Not the 340-350 he's on pace for. That's too much for a back that runs as brutally hard as he does.

And I should've worded the title a bit better so it doesnt turn into Losman vs Edwards, that's my bad.

My point is that we need to start spreading the ball around a little bit more. Yes, with Edwards in I'd like to see more balls down the field. But regardless, whether its Wright getting more carries or more early down "safe" passing, I just think eventually Lynch is going to wear down from some many carries

LJ was a monster in KC with all those carries, and look what's happening to him, (Which BTW, Lynch is starting to remind me of a lot). I hope it's Wright, but if not the team next season needs to find a RB they're comfortable giving 8-12 carries to per game.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

I agree, Lynch isn't a big guy and all that running will take its toll. Maybe not though, he kind of reminds me of Walter Payton and he was very durable.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  • Jul 2002

Not the 340-350 he's on pace for. That's too much for a back that runs as brutally hard as he does.

And I should've worded the title a bit better so it doesnt turn into Losman vs Edwards, that's my bad.

My point is that we need to start spreading the ball around a little bit more. Yes, with Edwards in I'd like to see more balls down the field. But regardless, whether its Wright getting more carries or more early down "safe" passing, I just think eventually Lynch is going to wear down from some many carries

LJ was a monster in KC with all those carries, and look what's happening to him, (Which BTW, Lynch is starting to remind me of a lot). I hope it's Wright, but if not the team next season needs to find a RB they're comfortable giving 8-12 carries to per game.
                  Okay... But, I don't believe 20 - 30 carries a game is going to take a toll on him. As you said above (and THIS I agree with - even though I love watching it), it's his brutal running style that will take the toll.

WK1: 19/90
                  WK2: 18/64
                  WK3: 20/74
                  WK4: 23/79
                  WK5: 20/66
                  WK6: BYE
                  WK7: 27/84
                  WK8: 21/80
                  WK9: 29/153
                  WK10: 19/61

Source
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    • Jul 2002

btw - if you want to change the title - let me know and I'll change it for ya.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                      Put JP in and he stinks he'll get a pass because it's the "pats"

At what point do we stop giving JP the same excuses we'd give Trent. JP is a "Vet"
                      I don't give him a pass because its the Pats. I think he needs to have a decent game just about every game. The two reasons I'd say JP over Trent is because one, as I just read from your post in another thread, you agree that this is really the season to figure out the QB situation (and the only way to know that is to fully test the guy you've invested 3+ years in), and two, Trent, as a rookie, could have some serious David Carr/Joey Harrington type blows to his confidence if he was thrown into a game like this. Rookie QBs, barring ridiculous talent, should spend the first year learning from the sidelines. If we get to the point where we're eliminated from the playoffs after JP has 3 mediocre or worse games, then let Trent have at it. But if we really want to know what JP is made of (and I think at least some of the jury is still out on that one), then we keep him in and let this thing sort itself out.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Well considering Lynch has the majority of his carries the 5 games that Edwards played that just makes one more very horrible point for you. He didn't have one single game with Lynch under 20 carries when Edwards was playing. He only had one game with 20+ carries with JP playing.

If anything it gives him more carries because they can't get chunks of yards to get down the field and score points. Keep trying though.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                          The Miami game didn't make it obvious to you that JP is not the long term answer for this team?

How many chances does he get?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                            • Jul 2002

HH - don't start that debate here. This thread is primarily about Lynch. Thank you!

Pat - I guess I should've also stated that I agree that the ball needs to be spread around more.... BUT (here it is)... When it does get spread around - the guys need to hang on to it.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              The Miami game didn't make it obvious to you that JP is not the long term answer for this team?

How many chances does he get?
                              Well, if you want a number, I'd say two: NE and Jacksonville. We lose those two and its pretty much game over for the season. I'd put Trent in at that point and turn the page... for good.

Comment

Working...
                              X