PDA

View Full Version : Is this comparison fair?

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Comparing JP to the one he replaced. Looking back on all the reasons we wanted to jettison Bledsoe out of Buffalo, I'm not sure that JP is better than Drew in any category in his 4th year in the league. We complained that Drew only threw the long ball and had cement feet. Well JP has more athletic ability but rarely ever uses it. They have about the same attempts per sack, with Drew being maybe a little better. Sure JP throws a pretty deep ball, but so did Drew.

In my opinion they are both nothing but one trick ponys.

Both terrible in the pocket, zero pocket presence.

Hold the ball too long.

Inaccurate on short throws.

Sacked too often.

Lock on to recievers.

Superhuman arms.

Both football ******ed.

At the end of the day JP=Bledsoe with legs he doesn't use.

I hope he plays well this Sunday if he does play, and I hope we ge the win. I just believe he will be what he is until he retires. Just like Drew was.

And btw, JP's pass protection imho is better than Drew ever got here.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't be a hater.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Don't be a hater.

Forgot to add, makes critical mistakes at most inopportune times.

But I guess that would fall under the "football ******ed" category.

Oh and btw GO HAWKEYES!

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
I definitely wouldn't say that Bledsoe is football ******ed, but like JP, he defintely held out for the big play, often with disastrous results.

Of course, JP is infinitely more mobile, but he doesn't use his legs. I blame that at least partially on coaching.

Both of these guys are big play, all or nothing QB's. They're either going to have 17 completions for 300 yards and 2+ TD's or the offense is going to be completely anemic with sacks and tunrovers.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I definitely wouldn't say that Bledsoe is football ******ed, but like JP, he defintely held out for the big play, often with disastrous results.

Of course, JP is infinitely more mobile, but he doesn't use his legs. I blame that at least partially on coaching.

Both of these guys are big play, all or nothing QB's. They're either going to have 17 completions for 300 yards and 2+ TD's or the offense is going to be completely anemic with sacks and tunrovers.

Then what would you call it?

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Forgot to add, makes critical mistakes at most inopportune times.

But I guess that would fall under the "football ******ed" category.

Oh and btw GO HAWKEYES!
F the Hawkeyes. Go Badgers!

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't be a hater.
He's, not. I'd say he is pretty accurate in his comparison. JP and Bledsoe swing and swung back and forth from brilliant to ******ed on the football intellect scale. There never is and never was a happy medium.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
F the Hawkeyes. Go Badgers!

Your head coach has a HAWKEYE Tatoo!

:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Your head coach has a HAWKEYE Tatoo!

Probably on his ass.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Then what would you call it?

stubbornness. It's not that he didn't know how to get the 7 yard play- he was too busy thinking "why take 7 when I can get 70?".

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Probably on his ass.
A Hawkeye trampstamp?:ill:

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
stubbornness. It's not that he didn't know how to get the 7 yard play- he was too busy thinking "why take 7 when I can get 70?".

Well either way I think the comparison is legit.

I'll also add that JP has proven to be more injury prone than Bledsoe was.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
A Hawkeye trampstamp?:ill:

Just a momento to where his heart is really at.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:00 PM
this is like asking why we want a crappier version of Holcomb to come in and save the day.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
this is like asking why we want a crappier version of Holcomb to come in and save the day.

Why, instead of making this a bash Trent Edwards thread, answer the comparison?

Do it honestly and I'd like to hear your response.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
That's not fair. Edwards is NOT lilke Holcomb.

He's taller.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:04 PM
With TE you're talking about a rookie who has played a grand total of three games who looks a little like Holcomb but has the ability and potential to change. With JP you are talking about someone who has beeen in the League for going on 4 years and still looks like Bledsoe and doesn't have a ***** clue.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
That's not fair. Edwards is NOT lilke Holcomb.

He's taller.

There also was a rumor about arm strength.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
There also was a rumor about arm strength.
Totally inaccurate and unfounded along with his supposed lack of mobility.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Why, instead of making this a bash Trent Edwards thread, answer the comparison?

Do it honestly and I'd like to hear your response.
because JP is told to stay in the pocket. Fairchild doesn't have the ability to call plays that use the strengths of his players. Unlike Flutie who would change the calls as he saw fit, JP does what he is told or at least tries.

Why do you think I've been saying he should run his own plays? Because Fairchild in an idiot.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
With TE you're talking about a rookie who has played a grand total of three games who looks a little like Holcomb but has the ability and potential to change. With JP you are talking about someone who has beeen in the League for going on 4 years and still looks like Bledsoe and doesn't have a ***** clue.

Ah the rookie card . So if his being a rookie is a negative then we should start our best players becuase we still have a season to finish. Let Trent win the job at camp next year against another qb and not because Ralphy demands it.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
because JP is told to stay in the pocket. Fairchild doesn't have the ability to call plays that use the strengths of his players. Unlike Flutie who would change the calls as he saw fit, JP does what he is told or at least tries.

Why do you think I've been saying he should run his own plays? Because Fairchild in an idiot.

:link:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
:link:
ask anyone who goes to the camp. Even when JP is already sacked he is made to stay in the pocket and finish the throw. It's common knowledge to those who go to camp.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM

JP running his own plays would be a trainwreck.

He can't diagnose what he sees in a defense, let alone call plays to defeat what he doesn't understand.

That is rediculas.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
JP running his own plays would be a trainwreck

He can't diagnose what he sees in a defense, let alone call plays to defeat what he doesn't understand.

That is rediculas.

rather than believe your opinion, I'd rather see it for myself.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Ah the rookie card . So if his being a rookie is a negative then we should start our best players becuase we still have a season to finish. Let Trent win the job at camp next year against another qb and not because Ralphy demands it.
Exactly, because guess what, he is a rookie. You're calling TE the second coming of Kelly Holcomb based on a few games just because he hasn't been bombs away in them is ludicrous. He has two things KH doesn't have, an arm and mobility...oh yeah, and something that JP seems to be lacking at the most inopportune times, a better mental capacity for the game. So I am saying that he has a very good chance of expanding his game because he has barely even got started in the learning process yet seeing that he is a rookie. BTW starting him IMO isn't that much of a negative because he has played just as good as JP.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Rather than believe your opinion, I'd rather not see it.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Why is TE allowed to run a no-huddle a whole game and checkoff and you never ever see JP do that?? Sounds like a little lack of confidence with the coaches to me.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:22 PM
So Justa, I'm still wondering in what way does JP seperate himself from Bledsoe in your eyes?

justasportsfan
Exactly, because guess what, he is a rookie. You're calling TE the second coming of Kelly Holcomb based on a few games just because he hasn't been bombs away in them is ludicrous. He has two things KH doesn't have, an arm and mobility...oh yeah, and something that JP seems to be lacking at the most inopportune times, a better mental capacity for the game. So I am saying that he has a very good chance of expanding his game because he has barely even got started in the learning process yet seeing that he is a rookie. BTW starting him IMO isn't that much of a negative because he has played just as good as JP.

he's a rookie qb who does not give us the best chance to win now. I would rather have Holcomb start over Trent.

BidsJr
Why is TE allowed to run a no-huddle a whole game and checkoff and you never ever see JP do that?? Sounds like a little lack of confidence with the coaches to me.

Because he isn't football ******ed.

mchurchfie
he's a rookie qb who does not give us the best chance to win now. I would rather have Holcomb start over Trent.
and JP.:up:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
So Justa, I'm still wondering in what way does JP seperate himself from Bledsoe in your eyes?

He never had a decent coaching staff unlike Drew. Happy?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
and JP.:up:
in your opinion. Not mine. Holcomb would be dinking and dunking ut at least he won't be throwing them in the 4th qtr.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Excuses, excuses.:whistle:

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM

So you're saying that on the field, you agree with my assessment? Of course because of poor coaching?

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
in your opinion. Not mine. Holcomb would be dinking and dunking ut at least he won't be throwing them in the 4th qtr.
I think you are just enamoured with JP's big arm and makes your nipples hard.:D:

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I think you are just enamoured with JP's big arm and makes your nipples hard.:D:

:posrep:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Totally inaccurate and unfounded along with his supposed lack of mobility.
I agree. Now if only he starts featuring his arm strength instead of dinking and dunking like Rob Johnson did to Larry Centers for higher percentage stats and all this rumor will be gone.

I'll still take Flutie who takes chances with his wrs than a Rob Johnson who would rather pad his stats with safe throws.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM

haha!

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree. Now if only he starts featuring his arm strength instead of dinking and dunking like Rob Johnson did to Larry Centers for higher percentage stats and all this rumor will be gone.

I'll still take Flutie who takes chances with his wrs than a Rob Johnson who would rather pad his stats with safe throws.

Maybe he'll figure it out during his 4th year in the league?

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
haha!
I'll take that as a "Yes.":D:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Maybe he'll figure it out during his 4th year in the league?

we don't have 4 years. If Trent undeniably gave us the best chance now, I'd say start him.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll take that as a "Yes.":D:

a strong arm over a limp :limp:

Didn't you liked them soft church.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
we don't have 4 years. If Trent undeniably gave us the best chance now, I'd say start him.

Can you say with absolute certainly, after this week, that JP undeniably gives us the best chance to win this year?

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
a strong arm over a limp :limp:

:ill:

Didn't you liked them soft church.
Yeah in a couple of double D's.;)

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Can you say with absolute certainly, after this week, that JP undeniably gives us the best chance to win this year?

yes, see the jets game. we played a crappy jets team and once the had tape on him, he crapped in the 2nd game. 3 pts. JP cpmes in and bails him out.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
:ill:

Yeah in a couple of double D's.;)

Trent ass is a double D?

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
JP cpmes in and bails him out.:spit::rofl:

Trent ass is a double D?
You're scaring me.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
yes, see the jets game. we played a crappy jets team and once the had tape on him, he crapped in the 2nd game. 3 pts. JP cpmes in and bails him out.

Trent played 2 quarters and 10 minutes vs. Jets.

How much did JP have in that time span vs. Fins? Zero.

Based on how Trent played vs. Jets the first time, there was no reason to think he couldn't have done more had he not got hurt. And based on how JP played vs. Fins, there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been as unproductive vs. Jets had he started that game. Nothing proven. Final.

(and it was Evans who bailed JP out)

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
:spit::rofl:

He did. 3 points vs. 10 points. Don't like the facts. So be it.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Trent played 2 quarters and 10 minutes vs. Jets.

How much did JP have in that time span vs. Fins? Zero.

Based on how Trent played vs. Jets the first time, there was no reason to think he couldn't have done more had he not got hurt. And based on how JP played vs. Fins, there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been as unproductive vs. Jets had he started that game. Nothing proven. Final.

(and it was Evans who bailed JP out)
I don't care what JP did against the fins. It's a different team. Against the same team on the same day with the same players . 3 pts. vs. 10 points.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
:deadhorse

justasportsfan
:deadhorse
thats your comeback when you can argue with facts?

Philagape
I don't care what JP did against the fins. It's a different team. Against the same team on the same day with the same players . 3 pts. vs. 10 points.

Yeah, the Fins are worse.

The Jets game will forever be an unsettled hypothetical because it was incomplete for both QBs.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
BTW Philagape , based on your logic "I guarantee" Trent would've thrown int's and the team would've scored only 3 points" based on prior performance." Your logic, not mine.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the Fins are worse.

The Jets game will forever be an unsettled hypothetical because it was incomplete for both QBs.

no matter how incomplete it was, it was the closest thing we have to comparing bith qb's.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:48 PM

JP's only good pass that day was dropped.

He was consistantly boneheaded in that game as well, he just didn't get burnt as badly as usual.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
JP's only good pass that day was dropped.

He was consistantly boneheaded in that game as well, he just didn't get burnt as badly as usual.

we won. He didn't throw an INT in the last series . I don't care how, but we won.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
no matter how incomplete it was, it was the closest thing we have to comparing bith qb's.

Comparing a 4 year Veteran to a third start rookie?

On equal terms?

If that was the way to build football teams, rookies would rarely ever see the field.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 01:50 PM
BTW Philagape , based on your logic "I guarantee" Trent would've thrown int's and the team would've scored only 3 points" based on prior performance. Your logic, not mine.

vs. Fins or the rest of the Jets?

Either way, Trent's thrown one INT per game, so the one INT would make him same as JP vs. Fins, and he already had one vs. Jets. And Trent has a couple of multiple-score games, so no advantage there either way.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:51 PM
we won. He didn't throw an INT in the last series . I don't care how, but we won.

So if The Brown Bear was at QB and never throws a pass and they win, that is enough for your evaluation?

mchurchfie
That was a beauty he threw yesterday:up:...quack quack.

justasportsfan
Comparing a 4 year Veteran to a third start rookie?

On equal terms?

If that was the way to build football teams, rookies would rarely ever see the field.

again, I don't about who played what in how long. I want our best players in there now. When the season officially ends, we can start using the rest of the season to develop players. Right now we are 5-4 and have a shot at the playoffs.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
again, I don't about who played what in how long. I want our best players in there now. When the season officially ends, we can start using the rest of the season to develop players. Right now we are 5-4 and have a shot at the playoffs.

How are you going to develop Trent in the offseason? Plug him into the starting lineup in Madden 08?

mchurchfie
JP isn't one of our best players so case closed. Personally i think we are screwed for any kind of POs with either one at the helm.:ill:

justasportsfan
we won. What does Trent do, throw quacks in the 4th qtr.

Right now Church, I'll go with our players. You all can disagree with our vets all you want. I'm on their side as far as who they think gives them the best chance to win.

justasportsfan
JP isn't one of our best players so case closed.
at qb he is.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
at qb he is.
That's your perception.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM

That pass wasn't even a duck, it was a touch pass that lacked touch.

JP can't even finesse justa, let alone float one up for a score.

The pass for Gaines lacked touch also or else it would have been 6.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
How are you going to develop Trent in the offseason? Plug him into the starting lineup in Madden 08?

try keeping up. We don't have to wait til' offseason for our season to end.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
That's your perception.
thats also our players perception. Sorry, I'll take their opinion over anyones right now. Even Dicks who caught between the players and the owner.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 01:57 PM
thats also our players perception. Sorry, I'll take their opinion over anyones right now. Even Dicks who caught between the players and the owner.

How come you weren't ready to take the players opinions when they wanted Drew over JP? What makes this different?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
How come you weren't ready to take the players opinions when they wanted Drew over JP? What makes this different?
huh? Drew over JP? You mean Holcomb over JP. Yes I agreed with them. Nice try.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
thats also our players perception. Sorry, I'll take their opinion over anyones right now.
Who Waahaa Lee Evans or the other 50 or so that aren't saying anything?

I thought you dealt with facts. How about some links to show prove exactly that Ralph is actually behind this and that the majority of the players are behind JP. Most of that is speculation. I'll bet there weren't too many of the defensive players running up to JP and high fiving him in the first 3 quarters of the game.;)

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Who Waahaa Lee Evans or the other 50 or so that aren't saying anything?.;) Where have you been. Royals and Whitner said wanted JP. thats more than zero. The amount of players thats come out and said they want Trent.

I thought you dealt with facts. How about some links to show prove exactly that Ralph is actually behind this and that the majority of the players are behind JP. Most of that is speculation. I'll bet there weren't too many of the defensive players running up to JP and high fiving him in the first 3 quarters of the game.;)

where theres smoke, there's fire. I woudln't have suspected Ralphy if he hadn't done that in the past.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
How about some links to show prove exactly that Ralph is actually behind this

Clayton suggested it. That makes it absolute truth. :funny:

And Dick's a liar since he insisted it was his call.

Fletch
11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
And btw, JP's pass protection imho is better than Drew ever got here.

Don't know about that.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Don't know about that.

If you get DirecTV you can watch all the games every Sunday!

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Where have you been. Royals and Whitner said wanted JP. thats more than zero. The amount of players thats come out and said they want Trent.

Three players hardly sounds like a glowing endorsement. As far as the rest not saying anything, their silence speaks volumes.

where theres smoke, there's fire. I woudln't have suspected Ralphy if he hadn't done that in the past.
Agreed, but it is just speculation until proven otherwise. Come on now Justa, I thought you dealt with facts in your arguments.:earpoke::D:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Three players hardly sounds like a glowing endorsement. As far as the rest not saying anything, their silence speaks volumes.: nice spin. 3 > 0

Agreed, but it is just speculation until proven otherwise. Come on now Justa, I thought you dealt with facts in your arguments.:earpoke::D:
when it comes to Ralph, no facts needed . He's made several football decisions that screwed the team over. Do you remember Polian? You seem to blame Ralphy for that with speculation. ;)

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
nice spin. 3 > 0

Thanxs;) Here's another one "-50" for JP supposed leader of the team.

when it comes to Ralph, no facts needed . He's made several football decisions that screwed the team over. Do you remember Polian? You seem to blame Ralphy for that with speculation. ;)
That was fact.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanxs;) Here's another one "-50" for JP supposed leader of the team.

That was fact.

:snicker: