PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson out with a LCL tear

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
It was just on ESPNN shorty ago. He may miss the rest of the season. Horrible thing to see to such a great talent.

He is almost like Trent Edwards except that he is actually a good and explosive football player. Was always hurt in college and then hurt in limited games in their rookie year. At least it took AD a lot of hits and carries before being injured again. It took Trent one game.

The Answer
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
It was just on ESPNN shorty ago. He may miss the rest of the season. Horrible thing to see to such a great talent.

He is almost like Trent Edwards except that he is actually a good and explosive football player. Was always hurt in college and then hurt in limited games in their rookie year. At least it took AD a lot of hits and carries before being injured again. It took Trent one game.

This was the thing that scouts feared the most going into the draft and unfortunately it has come to fruition in his rookie year - so sad because AP was on his way to possibly smashing all single season rushing marks as a rookie.

Now the question - Is Lynch a lock to win ROY if he stays healthy the rest of the season?

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I predicted him to play 8 games this season before getting hurt. He's exceeded expectations with 9.

RockStar36
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd say if he is out for the year Lynch is automatically the front runner for ROY.

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
AP will probably win ROY if he doesnt play another down

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
And by the way, as much as I LOVE Lynch, he wouldnt be the front runner even if AP is done for the year.

It would be Cleveland tackle Joe Thomas, who hasnt given up a sack this year.

RockStar36
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think that would be fair.

Of course he is the best rookie but if he can't even play the full season I don't think it's fair to give him that award. Especially if Lynch continues all year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Uh oh, all those guys that said he would get injured are going to be all over this. I hope Marshawn's ankle isn't to bad.

The Answer
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM
And by the way, as much as I LOVE Lynch, he wouldnt be the front runner even if AP is done for the year.

It would be Cleveland tackle Joe Thomas, who hasnt given up a sack this year.

Sorry PM - no way an O-Lineman is winning the OROY award, although The Answer agrees that he is one of the key reason, if not the sole reason, that has keyed the Browns turnaround this season.

Lynch is on pace to finish with 1350+ yards and that will most certainly win him the award by default if Peterson is finished.

~The Answer

Cntrygal
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM

:(

:pray:

Philagape
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
It took Trent one game.

Do you have a whole file of lies to tell about Trent?

Yeah, one game. Except for the four before that. Which is longer than JP lasted before he suffered his third injury in four seasons.

Cntrygal
11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Has anyone seen a link saying he most likely would be out for the season?

Vikings RB Peterson out at least 1 game with injured knee

Childress said Peterson tore his lateral collateral ligament in the Vikings' 34-0 loss to Green Bay. Peterson will not require surgery, Childress said.

Article posted a few minutes ago... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5294855.html)

raphael120
11-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah he is not out for the rest of the year. He'll be out for at least 1 week, but not the rest of the season from what i'm reading on yahoo, nfl, etc...

Kerr
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
That's a shame. AP was having an incredible season.

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Has anyone seen a link saying he most likely would be out for the season?

Vikings RB Peterson out at least 1 game with injured knee

Childress said Peterson tore his lateral collateral ligament in the Vikings' 34-0 loss to Green Bay. Peterson will not require surgery, Childress said.

Article posted a few minutes ago... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5294855.html)

The statement about the entire year was from Quadry Ismail and Eric Allen on ESPNN. They both had them injuries and knew others that did. They said he may be able to come back towards the end of the season but it would be best to let him rest for that time because the season would be lost anyway

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry PM - no way an O-Lineman is winning the OROY award, although The Answer agrees that he is one of the key reason, if not the sole reason, that has keyed the Browns turnaround this season.

Lynch is on pace to finish with 1350+ yards and that will most certainly win him the award by default if Peterson is finished.

~The Answer
Joe Thomas is probably going to the pro bowl as a left tackle, as a rookie.

He's winning AFC ROY barring injury I'll bet you.

Ingtar33
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I predicted him to play 8 games this season before getting hurt. He's exceeded expectations with 9.

I had him at 7.

so you were closer.

Listen, he missed just about 50% of his college career to injury (his major injuries were an ankle 1 time, and collarbone 1 time). This was why i wanted lynch over Peterson in the draft. That said, i freely admit i never expected him to do what he did this year.

Peterson is a once in a lifetime talent, and i hope he recovers fully.

Devin
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Peterson missed time his last season with a freak injury, apart that I believe he only missed 1 other game.

Injuring your knee because you are carrying the entire team on your back probably is excusable.

Peterson will win ROY. Given the circumstances you could make an argument for MVP.

BlackMetalNinja
11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
There goes my dwindling fantasy football hopes...

Ingtar33
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
oops sorry.

in college he physically started 22 out of 37 games (59%)

his major injuries were a high ankle sprain and a broken collarbone which caused him to miss a combined 8 games. (the rest of the games he either missed or played parts of due to a never ending series of small injuries.. he was a 3 year starter, yet was only healthy enough to start 59% of their games)

for some reason i thought he had a knee injury in there.

Wraith
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Childress was quoted as saying it was a grade "2+" sprain. For reference, Losman's sprain was a 1 and Wire's was a 2. Granted, those could've been different ligaments and everybody heals differently, but the fact Peterson's is more severe does not bode well for a return this season. It's a shame because he seems like a good guy and his performance on the field was dominating.

CuseJetsFan83
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
they will say 1 game to begin with, but that will turn to more if they deem the injury serious enough

Captain gameboy
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Peterson is special, no doubt.

But....Lynch dragging Dolphins into the endzone on the TD and again on two point conversion is good enough for me.

McGahee would have tried to take it outside and then run out of bounds, claiming he didn't know what down it was.

Good luck Adrian.
Super job Marshawn.

I'll take our guy.

G. Host
11-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Yeah, one game. Except for the four before that. Which is longer than JP lasted before he suffered his third injury in four seasons.

One of those do not count for it was done by a Bills while he wore a red jersey!

Oaf
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, sucks for the Vikings. That's like the Bears losing their entire offense in Devin Hester.

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM

It sounds like you are the one with lies for Trent. The first game he actually took some hits he got injured. Do you really consider JP's injury from a cheapshot to the knee the same? Trent would've probably missed the rest of the season.

You may not have seen his college records or might just want to ignore them but it's a fact he played 30 out of 50 games in college due to injury. He completed 1 FULL season without missing significant playing time due to injury. His 2nd longest season was 7 games. That was in his senior season in which his team was 0-7 before his injury. One must really be blinded by affection for somebody when they try and ignore what has legitamately happened in 4 out of 5 seasons and try to compare a cheap shot to the knee as the same thing. There was a QB about 5 years back drafted out of the college of Marshall with the same history of injuries in college. He was drafted by the Jaguars and has done nothing but suffer prolonged injuries most of his time in the NFL. But there is no sign of injuries. He did make it 4 games without being injured. :clap:

But yes. Taking a cheap shot to the knee is the same situation. Damn Carson Palmer for being injured for an entire year the same way. JP has proved he can stand in there and take serious shots for an extended period and stay on the field. The first game where Trent seriously took multiple shots like most NFL QB's do he was injured again. Same as in college under them same situations.

Trent may be able to stay healthy in the NFL for the most part with a good offense line in a very quick throwing system that will allow him to reduce multiple shots over a game or an extended period of time.

But I guess missing half of the season in 3 out of 4 years and then injured in his rookie season after taking some real shots isn't injury prone. Adrian Peterson is but Trent isn't. LOL