PDA

View Full Version : Losman is starting against the Pats. IMO.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Just listened to the press conference from Jauron today and there is no way that he doesn't start JP on Sunday.

I can't really fault Jauron because I think he'd have some ticked off players if he didn't start JP after a win.

Derrick Dockery said that he didn't care who the QB was but he did say that Jauron is one hell of a coach and you want to play hard for him.

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh.. Losman is most definitely starting, though I think his leash will be short.

BidsJr
11-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Just listened to the press conference from Jauron today and there is no way that he doesn't start JP on Sunday.

I can't really fault Jauron because I think he'd have some ticked off players if he didn't start JP after a win.

Derrick Dockery said that he didn't care who the QB was but he did say that Jauron is one hell of a coach and you want to play hard for him.

Why would he need to talk to a bunch of people if JP was starting?

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh.. Losman is most definitely starting, though I think his leash will be short.

You did say he would but after listening to Jauron giving JP's performance some excuses it became a reality.

Short leash against the Pats? If I'm Edwards I might have someone drop a hammer on my throwing hand just to make sure he doesn't have to go in.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Why does he still not name a permanent starter?

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
he's definitely going to start. I'm not happy about it, but oh well. His leash will be short. And it wont take much for the fans to get on him either.

You cant make a QB change when you're riding a 4-game streak. As much as I want to see Trent grow with experience, you just can't do it-- at least not going INTO THE GAME.

Crappy play may dictate a change during the game and the one's following. But not before.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Yeah, I heard that but I don't think it was anymore than a Jauronism.

I was waiting for Jauron to say something "I'm concerned about JPs performance, etc."

Instead he gave JP a pass by saying if the TD pass wasn't underthrown and Gaine makes the catch that maybe the media would be having different thoughts.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Why does he still not name a permanent starter?

That's funny because on the official depth chart Trent is the starter.

Kerr
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
That's funny because on the official depth chart Trent is the starter.

I don't think it's been updated for a while.

Kerr
11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
The way I see it, JP gives us the best chance to win and lose because of his big play abilty and his ability to become reckless. It's just that I don't think the pats are going to give up a lot of long balls, which is JP's game. JP better work on his short game in practice tons. I expect Fairchild to throw in a lot of trickery against the pats. A conservative approach won't cut it.

Inetpub
11-12-2007, 02:47 PM
The way I see it, JP gives us the best chance to win and lose because of his big play abilty and his ability to become reckless. It's just that I don't think the pats are going to give up a lot of long balls, which is JP's game. JP better work on his short game in practice tons. I expect Fairchild to throw in a lot of trickery against the pats. A conservative approach won't cut it.

Just what kind of approach do you think Jauron has implemented with the Buffalo Bills? 5-1 in their last 6 games and a conservative approach wont cut it???
Thats just horsecrap if you dont think ball control is more important than big game play. Big game play is once a game if it comes through. Ball control is every game.

Typ0
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
there was a play in the Fins game...it was called an off left-tackle run in the huddle. The entire Fins defense came over and stood by our left tackle and Lossman still ran the play. The kid has no head for the game. Tons of ability...no brain. This single play from a fourth year player (oh, I forget he's only a second year player) displays he shouldn't be starting. We ought to get to work on some other guy who may actually turn out to be something instead of wasting time struggling against crappy teams in favor of a mental midget.

mybills
11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Why aren't you hating on Reed & Evans for screwing up their routes?
Or do you only watch for a QB's faults?

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I can just see people rooting for us to lose for something to ***** about with Losman. I can just see Gaines dropping that pass for a TD and giving a big sigh of relief cause it didn't go on his stats. Or the couple other dropped passes. I can just see the hate on their face when Losman came back and gathered himself to lead us to our 3rd straight comeback from behind victory in the 4th quarter. It's pathetic.

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Why aren't you hating on Reed & Evans for screwing up their routes?
Or do you only watch for a QB's faults?

You should know by now. It's all Losman's fault in a bad game and none of his success in a good game(Bengals) It's all Edwards in every average 3-7 point win and everyone elses fault for him not being any better.

I even remember some dissing Marshawn in a good game for an excuse but then praising him as the only reason in a bad game where he averaged 3 ypc in a 61 yard effort. Some of these people just have so much hate they look for anything that they can't see and are made because JP is winning.

When Trent was in there they said he is a winner and is winning us game. Losman shouldn't be playing because he can't win games. Now that Losman is playing under the improved OL and team later in the season and winning too they don't have any leg to stand on.

They dissed Losman's game last week because it was against the Bengals but tried to praise Edwards against the Ravens. Well the Bengals swept the Ravens this year and even shut them out and caused 12 TO's against them. So since Cinci easily beat them twice this year and we beat Cinci shouldn't that make them better?

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I can just see people rooting for us to lose for something to ***** about with Losman. I can just see Gaines dropping that pass for a TD and giving a big sigh of relief cause it didn't go on his stats. Or the couple other dropped passes. I can just see the hate on their face when Losman came back and gathered himself to lead us to our 3rd straight comeback from behind victory in the 4th quarter. It's pathetic.

This is unfair. Yes, I have been vocal about JP's performance yesterday but I not only wanted him to play well but I thought we was going to play well.

I was not prepared for him to suck, especially against a team that he has had success with.

Do you really think I want him to not do well because I want my guy in there? If JP gets the nod, which is almost certain, I'll be rooting for him and a better outcome aginst the Pats.

But don't act like I didn't watch him play poorly either. Typo was right about that play. The kid can't run an offense after 4 years.

To me it's not the issue of people hating on JP but those that will ignore his ridculous play in hopes he turns the corner because he's a nice guy.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:34 PM
This is unfair. Yes, I have been vocal about JP's performance yesterday but I not only wanted him to play well but I thought we was going to play well.

I was not prepared for him to suck, especially against a team that he has had success with.

Do you really think I want him to not do well because I want my guy in there? If JP gets the nod, which is almost certain, I'll be rooting for him and a better outcome aginst the Pats.

But don't act like I didn't watch him play poorly either. Typo was right about that play. The kid can't run an offense after 4 years.

To me it's not the issue of people hating on JP but those that will ignore his ridculous play in hopes he turns the corner because he's a nice guy.

Criticism of JP means hate and rooting against him, didn't you know?

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Criticism of JP means hate and rooting against him, didn't you know?
it almost seems like it when you can't come up a better solution.

On the flipside, going with the best player who gives us a best chance makes us a JP Li-cker?

Philagape
11-12-2007, 04:01 PM

On the flipside, going with the best player who gives us a best chance makes us a JP Li-cker?

I've never used that word. And I can think of only one or two posters here who it would fit.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Justa, do you feel that JP gives us the best chance to win? This is a serious question and I'm posing it to the JP posse as well?

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM

I have a better solution. Start Edwards and let him control the offnese and run the gameplan that Fairchild wants to run.

Yes, he's a rookie but I see an upside that is non-existant with JP. Let's go with the guy on the rise.

JP convinced me yesterday that he's done as a QB here.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Crappy play may dictate a change during the game and the one's following. But not before.

Cue the miami game replay.

Ed
11-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Justa, do you feel that JP gives us the best chance to win? This is a serious question and I'm posing it to the JP posse as well?
I can honestly say that I think JP still gives us the best chance to win despite not having a good game yesterday.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I can honestly say that I think JP still gives us the best chance to win despite not having a good game yesterday.

ML ran like usual, JP had all the time he needed yet we still scratch our heads. It's just sad actually.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a better solution. Start Edwards and let him control the offnese and run the gameplan that Fairchild wants to run. he did and lost one game and almost lost another. He also stunk against the jets. Anything else?

Yes, he's a rookie but I see an upside that is non-existant with JP. Let's go with the guy on the rise. Once we're out of it completely. Until then , the best player starts.

JP convinced me yesterday that he's done as a QB here.I knew he was done the minute Ralphy pulled the plug. I was ahead of you. ;)