• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Eric Moulds

Boy, how far has this guy fallen. When he left Buffalo he was a bonafide starter just coming off a 81 catch 816 yard 4 TD season, just one year removed from a 1000+ yard season.

Just two years later he's the 5th option receiver on pace for a 32 catch 280 yard season with no TD in Tennessee.

What happen to that guy??
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Eric Moulds

He's done.

If he kept his mouth shut, he'd probably still be our #2 or at least 3 here.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

He got old. It happens to the best of us.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

He hasn't caught a TD in the last 25 games now... His last one was Week 1 of last season.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          He got old. It happens to the best of us.
          You're telling me.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Good god his rookie year was 1996, while there are exceptions of course, hes 34 years old not to many WR's still do it well at that age.....if at all. Hes approaching 10,000 yards and has 50 TD's, years from now that maybe enough to get into the HOF.

While Pat is probably right, we ***** and complain DAILY about this organizations ineptitude. He had a decade invested with it.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Boy, how far has this guy fallen. When he left Buffalo he was a bonafide starter just coming off a 81 catch 816 yard 4 TD season, just one year removed from a 1000+ yard season.

Just two years later he's the 5th option receiver on pace for a 32 catch 280 yard season with no TD in Tennessee.

What happen to that guy??
              He's old. Nothing more, nothing less. He was on the downfall of his career before he left there. He was far from a bonafide starter anymore. His average reception went down every year for like 6 years in a row. He never had a back to back 1,000 yard season and never had many TD's. Part of that was his musical chairs at the QB position and some of it was him. He was more of a possession WR then a big play WR. Unfortunately that is exactly what we need at this point.

Moulds couldn't handle knowing his skills were diminishing. Either that or wouldn't believe. He became a cancer late in his career to the point he threw a fit on the sidelines against Miami because Evans was the new go to option. That was part of his career going down the drain. He could've had a couple more successful seasons but he did the same thing in Houston with Andre Johnson. Now his skills are totally gone and he is nothing more then what he is now.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                He's old. Nothing more, nothing less. He was on the downfall of his career before he left there. He was far from a bonafide starter anymore. His average reception went down every year for like 6 years in a row. He never had a back to back 1,000 yard season and never had many TD's. Part of that was his musical chairs at the QB position and some of it was him. He was more of a possession WR then a big play WR. Unfortunately that is exactly what we need at this point.
                To do what Moulds did here considering he had how many gm/coaching changes and god knows how many QB changes was pretty remarkable.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

I always liked Eric, and always will....Here's hoping he gets into the HOF.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Maybe he could have kept his head on straight and embraced a GM and team that wanted to keep him. Maybe we would be 6-3 or 7-2 and Moulds would be shining as our #2.

The old excuse is BS. The Bills didn't sign James Lofton until he was 34 and look at the way he played for us.

Moulds attitude kiiled his carrer not his age.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                      I always liked Eric, and always will....Here's hoping he gets into the HOF.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

What if after this season he wanted to come back and be our possession receiver? What if he promised to fully embrace JP/Edwards and be a good little boy for Marv, and wants to play for vet min.

WOuld you take him back?

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Maybe he could have kept his head on straight and embraced a GM and team that wanted to keep him. Maybe we would be 6-3 or 7-2 and Moulds would be shining as our #2.

The old excuse is BS. The Bills didn't sign James Lofton until he was 34 and look at the way he played for us.

Moulds attitude kiiled his carrer not his age.
                          Embraced a GM? Are you kidding? Thats all hed ever known. Embrace another gm, another coaching staff........yet another "system". One ******ed QB after another. Please.

James Lofton falls into a different category. While I am a Moulds fan hes not in the same class as Lofton. Lofton came to us at 33 and played until he was 37. As I said there are exceptions. Besides loftons 1st year in Buffalo he had 8 catches for for 160 yards. Yes he had better years here im just saying you are comparing 2 far diff situations.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                            To do what Moulds did here considering he had how many gm/coaching changes and god knows how many QB changes was pretty remarkable.

we'll be lucky to ever have another Moulds.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

You aint kidding. Lee Evans threw a temper tantrum when JP's ass got benched. I cant imagine what hed say on his 5th.....6th.........8th QB change.

Comment

Working...
                              X