PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch status update in AP story

BlackMetalNinja
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Full Story:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-12-186976612_x.htm

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Marshawn Lynch will have further tests Monday on his sprained left ankle, but Bills coach Dick Jauron hopes the rookie running back will play against New England this weekend.
Jauron said Lynch is sore, but noted initial tests showed no broken bones after the player limped off the field after helping secure a come-from-behind 13-10 win at Miami on Sunday.
"There is a concern," Jauron said. "But as (Lynch) said last night, he feels like he'll play. We've got to kind of wait and see on that one. But he's very upbeat."
The Bills (5-4), who have won four straight, are off until Wednesday, when they return to practice to prepare to host AFC East rival New England (9-0) on Sunday night.

Luisito23
11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!.....Just mad my day BMN....:drunks:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

BillsFever21
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
If he's not 100% healthy they need to sit him this week. As much as we all would love for him to be in there this week and how important he is it would be best to sit him for the home stretch.

Our chances of beating NE are slim to none as it is. The closest team to play them were the Browns and that was a 17 point difference. As he would help our cause he isn't going to lead us to victory specifically because of him. Especially if he isn't 100%. If it would affect him from being healthier for the rest of the season then sit him. If it wouldn't then play him. We need him at full strength for the next 6 games after that where our best chances of winning are. Plus the last 6 games will determine whether we make the playoffs more then the one Patriot game.

YardRat
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Hope he's OK. Honestly, if there's even a remote chance he might not be able to go I'd hold him out this week and let him rest it so he's good to go the balance of the season.

shelby
11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
The odds of us winning this week are slim....so let BEAST rest so he's ready to go the following week.
Thanks for the update, BMN.

MikeInRoch
11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
It really depends on if his injury could get worse by playing on it.

mybills
11-12-2007, 03:27 PM
or, they're just taking every precaution and he really is ok. :pray:

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
The odds of us winning has got to be the lamest and pussiest excuse ever used to have our best offensive weapon sit out the biggest game of the year. They get paid to play and they love to play and I am sure if you ask Marshawn he can't wait to run at the Patsies. You need to get jacked up for this game not be thinking we have a next to no chance of winning. Marshawn should be playing if able.

Bill Brasky
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
i'd sit him, thus leaving jp to fend for himself against the wolves. that should make a lot of folks around here happy.... IE: give them something to ***** about for the week.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
i'd sit him, thus leaving jp to fend for himself against the wolves. that should make a lot of folks around here happy.... IE: give them something to ***** about for the week.
This might be the only fan base in all of sports that *****es more after a win than they do after a loss.

Tatonka
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
he'll play... no doubt

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I want him to play badly, but I agree with BillsFever21.

if it means sitting out a game we're likely to get whupped anyway, and he would be 100% for the last 6 critical games, I'd rather him rest for a week.

That's assuming his knee isn't that close to 100% by Sunday.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I want him to play badly, but I agree with BillsFever21.

if it means sitting out a game we're likely to get whupped anyway, and he would be 100% for the last 6 critical games, I'd rather him rest for a week.

That's assuming his knee isn't that close to 100% by Sunday.
So if you're going up against Peter King in a journalist write off are you just not going to show up to the match because he's favored to win?

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
So if you're going up against Peter King in a journalist write off are you just not going to show up to the match because he's favored to win?
If his knee is good enough to play without ANY additional risk to further injury as opposed to staying off it for a week, then he should play.

If the doctor says he's at no more risk damaging it worse playing this week then if he sat out for a game or two, then he should play.

If a doctor says he can play but without more rest it could get hurt a lot worse, then he should NOT play.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
If his knee is good enough to play without ANY additional risk to further injury as opposed to staying off it for a week, then he should play.

If the doctor says he's at no more risk damaging it worse playing this week then if he sat out for a game or two, then he should play.

If a doctor says he can play but without more rest it could get hurt a lot worse, then he should NOT play.
If the doctor says; "he will further the damage if he plays this game" and the coaches let him play, then every coach should be fired. OBVIOUSLY if the doctor says NO then he won't play. Neither of us are doctors, neither of us have any clue how hurt (if at all) he is. Perhaps we are using some Belichick tactics against him?

kinigirly
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
lynch is gonna hate sitting during this game. i could see that fool cutting his hair and switching jersey's with a-train so he could sneak onto the field

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
If the doctor says; "he will further the damage if he plays this game" and the coaches let him play, then every coach should be fired. OBVIOUSLY if the doctor says NO then he won't play. Neither of us are doctors, neither of us have any clue how hurt (if at all) he is. Perhaps we are using some Belichick tactics against him?
Yer preaching to the choir, I want him to play.

I just don't want to see him get hurt further IF he's rushing back too soon. He's the best player on the team already in my opinion, and we don't need no long term injury to him.

Personally, I think he'll play. He's a warrior and this is prime time against the best. He's that kind of competitor.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Yer preaching to the choir, I want him to play.

I just don't want to see him get hurt further IF he's rushing back too soon. He's the best player on the team already in my opinion, and we don't need no long term injury to him.

Personally, I think he'll play. He's a warrior and this is prime time against the best. He's that kind of competitor.
I think he'll be fine.

Marshawn Lynch was seen dancing behind the Bills' bench on his injured ankle as Buffalo finished off their win in Miami.
We're not doctors, but dancing is usually a strong indicator that an injury isn't too serious. We'll hear from Dick Jauron on the matter today, but we expect Lynch to be fine. Lynch is having an MRI on Monday.

JD
11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
This girl I'm seein lives next door to Lynch in OP. I'm gonna have her ask him how he feels lol. He lives in a duplex next to another Bills player, I believe she said Ryan Dennyy..

Lynch has the ugliest white landrover I have ever seen in my life, but BUT it has 20's.. holllaaaa hahaha

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
KNEEE??

It's his ankle isn't it?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2355 (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2355)
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2356

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Lynch > Peterson

Confused
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I think he needs to sit. odds are, we will lose sunday nite. but since the jags, browns and denver all lost yesterday, we can lose sunday and still be in the hunt for a wildcard game. lets get the beast healthy, and use him in games that count.

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
odds are, we will lose sunday nite.Maybe we should just mail it in... Not even play the game!!

B-DON
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I think he needs to sit. odds are, we will lose sunday nite. but since the jags, browns and denver all lost yesterday, we can lose sunday and still be in the hunt for a wildcard game. lets get the beast healthy, and use him in games that count.

ummm the jags and broncos won yesterday

Turf
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
If he plays he's got to stop trying to move a pile of 5 guys after he's been stopped, he's only going to injure himself. He needs to know when to let go and get ready for the next play.