• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

No more QB debate...

I am willing to support whoever the coaches decide to put in. I have seen both sides of JP / Trent and think they both have their + / -'s so either way it's a wash. I personally feel that without a valid gameplan to score consistenly we're peeing up a rope either way, so it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of it.

GO BILLS!
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: No more QB debate...

how can you or anyone have even a remote analysis on Trent Edwards based on four starts?

The fact that there even IS A COMPARISON between Losman and Edwards shows exactly why JP Losman isn't a good NFL quarterback. Well maybe he is. Hold on? Is it an odd or even numbered game on the schedule? Then I'll let you know.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

you all do realize that nothing you say or do will change the minds of anyone, including the coaching staff right?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        how can you or anyone have even a remote analysis on Trent Edwards based on four starts?

The fact that there even IS A COMPARISON between Losman and Edwards shows exactly why JP Losman isn't a good NFL quarterback. Well maybe he is. Hold on? Is it an odd or even numbered game on the schedule? Then I'll let you know.
        I expected the offense as a whole to do great this year and the press even said to start the year that it was going to be our strength, it's been the polar opposite. We looked like crap against a winless team and the stadium was half filled with Bills fans, it's just unacceptable. Play whoever you want, the odds on us scoring alot is low at best every week. Let's hope the D keeps up the good work and the ST comes through as usual.

.500 here we come.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

One thing we're pretty much all in agreement about is the offense isnt going to be very good consistently during the stretch regardless of who's at QB.

It's about Lynch, ball control, red zone production when we actually do get there, and of course the defense.

At this point, I'd be happy just to have a QB who doesnt LOSE us the game, like Losman nearly did against Miami yesterday, or to be fair Edwards against the Jets two weeks ago (tied when he left but we were going nowhere with him that day)

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

One thing we're pretty much all in agreement about is the offense isnt going to be very good consistently during the stretch regardless of who's at QB.

It's about Lynch, ball control, red zone production when we actually do get there, and of course the defense.

At this point, I'd be happy just to have a QB who doesnt LOSE us the game, like Losman nearly did against Miami yesterday, or to be fair Edwards against the Jets two weeks ago (tied when he left but we were going nowhere with him that day)
            Losman, Edwards, what's the difference........ One can't hit the deep ball, one can't hit a WR withing ten yards of him. There are 30 other QB's I'd rather have.

Comment

• kinigirly
              • Sep 2005

pfft i don't buy this thread for a second

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Losman, Edwards, what's the difference........ One can't hit the deep ball, one can't hit a WR withing ten yards of him. There are 30 other QB's I'd rather have.
                Difference is our offense throws a lot more 10 yard passes than 30+ yard passes.

One of the last deep balls I remember Edwards throwing was connecting on a 50-yarder to Lee Evans vs Baltimore, he's plenty capable of getting the ball downfield.

For Losman having such a rocket arm, that underthrown interception sure looked pretty sissy-like on Sunday.. As did the ball he threw to Evans vs the Jets that SHOULD'VE and probably would've been intercepted by Reevis had his own guy not plowed into him, allowing Evans to take it away from him.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kinigirly
                  Come on, Skooby is a knowledgeable, upstanding citizen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Difference is our offense throws a lot more 10 yard passes than 30+ yard passes.

One of the last deep balls I remember Edwards throwing was connecting on a 50-yarder to Lee Evans vs Baltimore, he's plenty capable of getting the ball downfield.

For Losman having such a rocket arm, that underthrown interception sure looked pretty sissy-like on Sunday.. As did the ball he threw to Evans vs the Jets that SHOULD'VE and probably would've been intercepted by Reevis had his own guy not plowed into him, allowing Evans to take it away from him.
                    So what your saying is that it's a bad thing to just throw it up and let your WR make a play for the ball? Might want to inform Tom Brady and Randy Moss.

For the record, I hate both of them but the FACT is that Edwards has managed ONE, count 'em, ONE TD in five games. That does not win football games and much like Losmans wins Edwards is lucky that our defense and ST's has bailed him out.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

I think we are in trouble with either QB but I would take TE by the slimmest of margins just because he plays a little more smarter and is a little more consistent. With JP you never know what you're going to get and I don't think you ever will.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        I think we are in trouble with either QB but I would take TE with the slimmest of margins just because he plays a little more smarter and is a little more consistent. With JP you never know what you're going to get and I don't think you ever will.
                        I'll take Hamden.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by kinigirly
                          I support the team every year for many years. The names have changed but the cause never has. Debating about who should start after seeing both players in real action is useless because both of them have flaws. One can initially be attributed to inexperience but we are not assured after he gets the time to play that he will get a ton better. The other just picks some games to go out and play and makes you feel great and then on the next series your stomach just turns like you just ate out of a grease trap.

Who to choose? That's simple flip a coin and hope it lands on the right side.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Let's put it this way.

When you're in your 4th year in the league, and the coaches dont want you to audible out of a telegraphed play.. Your days as starter on that team are numbered.

CAse in point. That 3rd down run to Lynch on 3rd and short when Miami overstacked the side so bad that even STeve Tasker couldn't believe he didn't get out of the play. Yet, we still ran it, for a 2-yard loss.

Either he's NOT being allowed to audible, or he's just INCREDIBLY stupid.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Let's put it this way.

When you're in your 4th year in the league, and the coaches dont want you to audible out of a telegraphed play.. Your days as starter on that team are numbered.

CAse in point. That 3rd down run to Lynch on 3rd and short when Miami overstacked the side so bad that even STeve Tasker couldn't believe he didn't get out of the play. Yet, we still ran it, for a 2-yard loss.

Either he's NOT being allowed to audible, or he's just INCREDIBLY stupid.
                              Is there a possibility that he is just doing what he is told to do?? You have to weigh in the factor that the Bills became gunshy early in the game. Since Miami was inept there was no real reason to press your luck to win the game. Show up, play hard and leave a winner. We didn't go out on the field to kill like I thought we would, it was painful at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X