OK, your the coach for the NE game how do we beat them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

OK, your the coach for the NE game how do we beat them?

Offense: Run ML as much as possible and when they stack the box, do a shotgun formation and bomb it over their heads.

Defense: Blitz Brady on every odd down and force his hand, add in 1 scoop of Digi and 2 scoops of the 12th man's noise.

ST: Play our usual flawless game.
  • The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: OK, your the coach for the NE game how do we beat them?

Scoring more points than their team?
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I disagree one million percent.

Blitzing him every play is a sure recipe for disaster and pretty much guarenteed to get 40 dropped on you. That would create far too many one on one matchups that Brady will exploit to death.

The ONLY way to win the battle defensively is somehow get pressure with your front four, WITHOUT a lot of blitzing, and try to get Brady into forcing too many balls which could lead to mistakes. Make him get impatient and greedy, and unwilling to take what we give him. Make them go 80 yards down the field on us. Don't get Moss, Stallworth and Welker into single open field matchups we can't and won't win.

The Colts did this great last week for 3 quarters, frustrating him with a strong pass rush from Freeney and Mathis, and they had him bottled up and picked off two passes. in the end of course, they were just too strong.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Blitzing him every play is a sure recipe for disaster and pretty much guarenteed to get 40 dropped on you. That would create far too many one on one matchups that Brady will exploit to death.

The ONLY way to win the battle defensively is somehow get pressure with your front four, WITHOUT a lot of blitzing, and try to get Brady into forcing too many balls which could lead to mistakes. Make him get impatient and greedy, and unwilling to take what we give him. Make them go 80 yards down the field on us. Don't get Moss, Stallworth and Welker into single open field matchups we can't and won't win.

The Colts did this great last week for 3 quarters, frustrating him with a strong pass rush from Freeney and Mathis, and they had him bottled up and picked off two passes. in the end of course, they were just too strong.
        I never said every play, I said every odd down (1 / 3). You have to force his hand or the ball will get to his receivers.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

You frustrate him by playing a patient cover two and make him move the chains little by little. You open it up with a lot of blitzing, (which NE is excellent at picking up and Brady always seems to know whats coming) he will absolutely MURDER you.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

You frustrate him by playing a patient cover two and make him move the chains little by little. You open it up with a lot of blitzing, (which NE is excellent at picking up and Brady always seems to know whats coming) he will absolutely MURDER you.
            Your right about the front 4 pressure, 100% right. If they get in their without blitzing, we'll have a better shot of winning.

Comment

• bflojohn
              • Aug 2005

I'd throw a CB heavy secondary at them and dare them to grind it out with a running game. The Bills lately are better against the run and this would provide the Bills better coverage on their obvious strength. I would zone blitz and corner blitz them, but be careful with the number of times you try it. I'd throw the kitchen sink at them with punt blocks called and trying squib kicks that their "up men" would have to field on the run. What do the Bills have to lose if they go exotic for this game... be imaginative and let it all hang out. The Bills are simply not in their class YET, however, we also aren't in the Cowboys class either, and minus an onside kick we wiped their a$$e$ too! Please, oh Please don't let those smug bastards empty the Ralph Sunday... stay and root to the bitter end!!!! GO BILLS!

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bflojohn
                I'd throw a CB heavy secondary at them and dare them to grind it out with a running game. The Bills lately are better against the run and this would provide the Bills better coverage on their obvious strength. I would zone blitz and corner blitz them, but be careful with the number of times you try it. I'd throw the kitchen sink at them with punt blocks called and trying squib kicks that their "up men" would have to field on the run. What do the Bills have to lose if they go exotic for this game... be imaginative and let it all hang out. The Bills are simply not in their class YET, however, we also aren't in the Cowboys class either, and minus an onside kick we wiped their a$$e$ too! Please, oh Please don't let those smug bastards empty the Ralph Sunday... stay and root to the bitter end!!!! GO BILLS!

Did you see chatman sunday

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Exactly- EVERY time Brady's been sacked this season, they rushed 5. The best way to do it is to hope the front 4 play well (use the "creep" D) and disguise where that 5th is coming from.

On offense, run Lynch but use the play action, quick passes- I know they're not JP's strong suit but it's our only hope. Use the run game and close passes to tighten up the D, then go long and pray it works.

I think our only hope is to get a ST score and hope Moorman and the punt coverage unit have career days. That's what kept us in the Dallas game.

but really, the best tactic is to have Jauron send hit men after Brady, Maroney, Matt Light, Harrison and Vrabel.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Depends on what you want to do - beat New England or win the game.

To beat New England you need to be extremely physical and pound players with safeties and LBs hitting WRs even it means they catch the ball. An example to extreme was Johnson being pounded by Whitner and Wire. If you make them feel footsteps they will play timid. Same thing with Brady - Bills need to make it clear that Brady should take every available shot and go over every possible situation when it is ok to hit him.

To win the Bills will need to take chances - add a player from offense on defense or defense on offense when situation is right. On special teams do what is not expected or even rational and be willing to keep at it. On offense be willing to switch QBs and plans if one QB / plan is not working and let critics be damned.

And in both cases lie to the press - the press is not your friend and if an imaginary feud or leak will add to Patriots planning for wrong game do it. Patriots will do whatever they need to win and Bills should too. Ethics does not apply when foe is completely unethical.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Regardless of the size fact between their WRs and our DBs, I want to see a lot of man to man coverage so their little FBs and RBs don't have 20 yards in front of them before someone touches them. Brady can check down with the best and he has a knack for finding the soft part of the zone. I hate the zone defense. Just line up on a man and make Brady make prefect throws all night. Eventually we will get some turn overs.

Nothing kills me more watching us play a soft zone and TEs, FBs, and RBs are wide open in the flat for a check down which allways turns into a chain-moving play. Man up and make Brady burn you, not guys with yards after the catch.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i would take a cheap shot on brady.. knock him out.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

and have a olinemen cutblock wilfork.. about 10 times.. eventually he will go down too.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Not with Trent "3 Point" Edwards.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

im kidding of course about hurting brady and wilfork.. but if it happened.. i wouldnt be mad..

Comment

Working...
                              X