PDA

View Full Version : OK, your the coach for the NE game how do we beat them?

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Offense: Run ML as much as possible and when they stack the box, do a shotgun formation and bomb it over their heads.

Defense: Blitz Brady on every odd down and force his hand, add in 1 scoop of Digi and 2 scoops of the 12th man's noise.

ST: Play our usual flawless game.

The last buffalo fan
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Scoring more points than their team?

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I disagree one million percent.

Blitzing him every play is a sure recipe for disaster and pretty much guarenteed to get 40 dropped on you. That would create far too many one on one matchups that Brady will exploit to death.

The ONLY way to win the battle defensively is somehow get pressure with your front four, WITHOUT a lot of blitzing, and try to get Brady into forcing too many balls which could lead to mistakes. Make him get impatient and greedy, and unwilling to take what we give him. Make them go 80 yards down the field on us. Don't get Moss, Stallworth and Welker into single open field matchups we can't and won't win.

The Colts did this great last week for 3 quarters, frustrating him with a strong pass rush from Freeney and Mathis, and they had him bottled up and picked off two passes. in the end of course, they were just too strong.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Blitzing him every play is a sure recipe for disaster and pretty much guarenteed to get 40 dropped on you. That would create far too many one on one matchups that Brady will exploit to death.

The ONLY way to win the battle defensively is somehow get pressure with your front four, WITHOUT a lot of blitzing, and try to get Brady into forcing too many balls which could lead to mistakes. Make him get impatient and greedy, and unwilling to take what we give him. Make them go 80 yards down the field on us. Don't get Moss, Stallworth and Welker into single open field matchups we can't and won't win.

The Colts did this great last week for 3 quarters, frustrating him with a strong pass rush from Freeney and Mathis, and they had him bottled up and picked off two passes. in the end of course, they were just too strong.

I never said every play, I said every odd down (1 / 3). You have to force his hand or the ball will get to his receivers.

patmoran2006
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
You frustrate him by playing a patient cover two and make him move the chains little by little. You open it up with a lot of blitzing, (which NE is excellent at picking up and Brady always seems to know whats coming) he will absolutely MURDER you.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
You frustrate him by playing a patient cover two and make him move the chains little by little. You open it up with a lot of blitzing, (which NE is excellent at picking up and Brady always seems to know whats coming) he will absolutely MURDER you.

Your right about the front 4 pressure, 100% right. If they get in their without blitzing, we'll have a better shot of winning.

bflojohn
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd throw a CB heavy secondary at them and dare them to grind it out with a running game. The Bills lately are better against the run and this would provide the Bills better coverage on their obvious strength. I would zone blitz and corner blitz them, but be careful with the number of times you try it. I'd throw the kitchen sink at them with punt blocks called and trying squib kicks that their "up men" would have to field on the run. What do the Bills have to lose if they go exotic for this game... be imaginative and let it all hang out. The Bills are simply not in their class YET, however, we also aren't in the Cowboys class either, and minus an onside kick we wiped their a$$e$ too! Please, oh Please don't let those smug bastards empty the Ralph Sunday... stay and root to the bitter end!!!! GO BILLS!

B-DON
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I'd throw a CB heavy secondary at them and dare them to grind it out with a running game. The Bills lately are better against the run and this would provide the Bills better coverage on their obvious strength. I would zone blitz and corner blitz them, but be careful with the number of times you try it. I'd throw the kitchen sink at them with punt blocks called and trying squib kicks that their "up men" would have to field on the run. What do the Bills have to lose if they go exotic for this game... be imaginative and let it all hang out. The Bills are simply not in their class YET, however, we also aren't in the Cowboys class either, and minus an onside kick we wiped their a$$e$ too! Please, oh Please don't let those smug bastards empty the Ralph Sunday... stay and root to the bitter end!!!! GO BILLS!

Did you see chatman sunday

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM

Exactly- EVERY time Brady's been sacked this season, they rushed 5. The best way to do it is to hope the front 4 play well (use the "creep" D) and disguise where that 5th is coming from.

On offense, run Lynch but use the play action, quick passes- I know they're not JP's strong suit but it's our only hope. Use the run game and close passes to tighten up the D, then go long and pray it works.

I think our only hope is to get a ST score and hope Moorman and the punt coverage unit have career days. That's what kept us in the Dallas game.

but really, the best tactic is to have Jauron send hit men after Brady, Maroney, Matt Light, Harrison and Vrabel.

G. Host
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Depends on what you want to do - beat New England or win the game.

To beat New England you need to be extremely physical and pound players with safeties and LBs hitting WRs even it means they catch the ball. An example to extreme was Johnson being pounded by Whitner and Wire. If you make them feel footsteps they will play timid. Same thing with Brady - Bills need to make it clear that Brady should take every available shot and go over every possible situation when it is ok to hit him.

To win the Bills will need to take chances - add a player from offense on defense or defense on offense when situation is right. On special teams do what is not expected or even rational and be willing to keep at it. On offense be willing to switch QBs and plans if one QB / plan is not working and let critics be damned.

And in both cases lie to the press - the press is not your friend and if an imaginary feud or leak will add to Patriots planning for wrong game do it. Patriots will do whatever they need to win and Bills should too. Ethics does not apply when foe is completely unethical.

jamze132
11-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Regardless of the size fact between their WRs and our DBs, I want to see a lot of man to man coverage so their little FBs and RBs don't have 20 yards in front of them before someone touches them. Brady can check down with the best and he has a knack for finding the soft part of the zone. I hate the zone defense. Just line up on a man and make Brady make prefect throws all night. Eventually we will get some turn overs.

Nothing kills me more watching us play a soft zone and TEs, FBs, and RBs are wide open in the flat for a check down which allways turns into a chain-moving play. Man up and make Brady burn you, not guys with yards after the catch.

Tatonka
11-13-2007, 08:31 AM
i would take a cheap shot on brady.. knock him out.

Tatonka
11-13-2007, 08:33 AM
and have a olinemen cutblock wilfork.. about 10 times.. eventually he will go down too.

Jan Reimers
11-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Not with Trent "3 Point" Edwards.

Tatonka
11-13-2007, 08:35 AM
im kidding of course about hurting brady and wilfork.. but if it happened.. i wouldnt be mad..

:up:

Wys Guy
11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
OK, your the coach for the NE game how do we beat them?

You buy the '03 version of Madden and hope for the best.

Ickybaluky
11-13-2007, 08:37 AM
I think a big key for the Bills is to do a better job defending the run. They have a lot of team speed on defense to match up with the passing game and play a cover-2 designed to limit the big play, but they need to make the Pats 1-dimensional.

In the first game in week 3, the Pats actually started a little sluggishly. They were held to a FG on their first possession, and then stopped on 4th down on their second possession. The common thread on those drives is the Bills did a good job stopping the run: the Pats ran 8 times for 20 yards (2.5 YPC). That created unfavorable 3rd down distance.

The Pats got their offensive balance going on the next drive, moving the ball downfield only to have Brady fumble on a goal-line sneak. However, on the next 7 drives after the first 2, the Pats scored 5 TDs to go with a punt and that goal-line turnover. The key to that series of drives was good balance, with the Pats running 22 times for 133 yards (6.0 YPC). 16 of those 22 runs gained 4 yards or more.

The Bills can play their S deep, which they will have to because of the Pats WR, they are going to have to do an effective job against the run with their front-7. In the first game, this allowed the Pats to run the ball effectively and dominate the clock (8.5 TOP advantage).

Bufftp
11-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Arrange for AL-Queda to hijak the Patriots team bus.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2007, 09:23 AM

I agree Pat. I think we need to play our defense the way it's meant to be played, which counts on our front four to get in and after him. I'm not sure I trust Schobel and Kelsay to get the same kind of pressure that Freeney and Mathis put on Brady, but I believe we have to try it. Spring a blitz now and then to keep him honest, but in general I totally agree that we need to make the Pats move slowly down the field by shutting down the long passes. It's hard to get 6-8 first downs on a drive, sooner or later even good offenses come up short on a third down.

If we can keep them to around 20 points or so somehow, we'll just have to hope for a miracle on offense.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
By the way, good thread Skooby. Nice change of pace from the QB debate.

hydro
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Arrange for AL-Queda to hijak the Patriots team bus.

There bus is probably better equipped to take a IED blast than a Army vehicle.

acehole
11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I would spread the field out with a 4 or 5 wr set with M Lynch in the backfield.

Why...they are slow on deffense and make their LB core irrelivant.
Short passing med passing and long passing.
Screens,flairs,5 yard outs.

On defense...blitz early and often get to the one man who we need to get off his game...tom Brady.

Speicial Teams...is where we might want to out class them....trickery..even.

12th Man.

Offense: Run ML as much as possible and when they stack the box, do a shotgun formation and bomb it over their heads.

Defense: Blitz Brady on every odd down and force his hand, add in 1 scoop of Digi and 2 scoops of the 12th man's noise.

ST: Play our usual flawless game.

colin
11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
i agree with pat.

their D is big and slow, our O line is huge. we should be diving at their knees, shoving guys, putting guards on LBs and DBs and riding them hard until well after the whistle.

playing ball control will tire them out badly. it will give us more hits on their D and since they don't sub much they'll have jelly legs. when we are in 3rd and short little passes to the edge might open up big gains once we are past the giant front 7.

on d we have to do as pat says, but the main thing is to be physical. we need to hit brady as much as we can. moss will certainly get a little pass high over the middle to start the game, we need to tatoo him right there. mcgee or whitner will have to knock welker on his ear as he prepares to run amok after a short pass.

if we force a punt or turnover early resulting in good feild position and bring the wood early, we have a shot.

Kerr
11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
They need to make sure they stick someone who can cover Ben Watson. The guy has killed us in the past.

Meathead
11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9604/10/newsbriefs/harding_tanya.gif + http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/71495443-EF3B-42C8-926B-EF125B52CDAB/0/leadpipe.jpeg = http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/RBL/RBL008/b13374.jpg

Mitchy moo
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9604/10/newsbriefs/harding_tanya.gif + http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/71495443-EF3B-42C8-926B-EF125B52CDAB/0/leadpipe.jpeg = http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/RBL/RBL008/b13374.jpg

classic!!

Mitchy moo
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
The first one I've seen go on record - Terrell Davis, on NFL Total Access on nfln just predicted the Bills upset the pats.

HAMMER
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
You buy the '03 version of Madden and hope for the best.

Your posts are so much more tolerable now that they are one or two sentences. Still suck, but more tolerable.

shelby
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2200338" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Saratoga Slim</TD><TD class=alt2>By the way, good thread Skooby. Nice change of pace from the QB debate.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i agree...:up:

Mr. Pink
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Carbon copy the game plan from last years game vs the Colts.

Don't turn the ball over.

Limit JP to around 15 pass attempts.

Run the ball effectively.

Disguise blitzes and coverages to try and confuse Brady and not let him get comfortable.

Pray.

UltimateBillsFan
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
By the way, good thread Skooby. Nice change of pace from the QB debate.

I think we should start a forum which doesn't allow people to talk about the QB debates like this one. It's a lot more enjoyable focusing on the teams strengths rather than ripping apart two of the players on the team.

Oaf
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree with Pat. Brady is #1 at beating the blitz. Drop 7 and get pressure with your front 4 is the way to go.

Tatonka
11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
the dbs have to lay the wood on the wrs.. especially moss and stallworth.. knock their heads offs..