PDA

View Full Version : Has George Wilson played well enough to start next season?

Crisis
11-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I really haven't been able to watch many of the games so I'm wondering if you guys think he's played well enough to overtake Ko for the starting job.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't think we really lost anything with him in instead of Ko, but we'll see who does better in camp I guess.

Either way, we'll have some depth when Ko returns.

Saratoga Slim
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think we really lost anything with him in instead of Ko, but we'll see who does better in camp I guess.

Either way, we'll have some depth when Ko returns.

Yeah. I think Wilson has played AMAZING at Free Safety......for a guy who started the season as a wide receiver. He seems to be around the ball a lot, like Ko, but isn't making much in the way of game-changing plays, also like Ko. Though in Ko's defense, he might be making a bigger impact now in his second season. But then we're really comparing Ko the rookie to George Wilson the rookie safety, so maybe it is fair to say that next year, we'll have two similar free safeties.

Depth is good. But I still think we need at least one real playmaker to emerge in the back 7 if we're going to have a truly elite defense.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah. I think Wilson has played AMAZING at Free Safety......for a guy who started the season as a wide receiver. He seems to be around the ball a lot, like Ko, but isn't making much in the way of game-changing plays, also like Ko. Though in Ko's defense, he might be making a bigger impact now in his second season. But then we're really comparing Ko the rookie to George Wilson the rookie safety, so maybe it is fair to say that next year, we'll have two similar free safeties.

Depth is good. But I still think we need at least one real playmaker to emerge in the back 7 if we're going to have a truly elite defense.

I think we already have that playmaker in Poz. Too bad he's injured.

Oaf
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Wilson really impressed me in the run game Sunday.

Saratoga Slim
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I think we already have that playmaker in Poz. Too bad he's injured.

Sure hope so!

djjimkelly
11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I really haven't been able to watch many of the games so I'm wondering if you guys think he's played well enough to overtake Ko for the starting job.

u havent been able to watch games but make some crazy comments on the qbs come on now then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but to the point of this thread. simpson should have every opportunity to have his job. he was playing at a high level last year.

MTBillsFan
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Wilson had the Pick 6 against Dallas at the moment it seemed to be game changing! Ko and Wilson will have a great battle at camp and it will only make them better! I think our Secondary is set for the future! It's gonna be a real bright spot along with our LB's!

streetkings01
11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
No way Wilson beats out Ko! Ko is a better tackler and know how to play the position!

Crisis
11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
u havent been able to watch games but make some crazy comments on the qbs come on now then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but to the point of this thread. simpson should have every opportunity to have his job. he was playing at a high level last year.

Actually, I've just missed the last two games because sopcast hasn't broadcasted for them.

G. Host
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
He has done enough to earn competing at equal level if his contract is at a reasonable length past next year. No sense having a player groomed for position and not signing an extension ahead of time with incentives to show he is interested.

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2007, 06:29 AM
It seemed that last year the D was always getting burned by deep plays. I don't think that's happened since Wilson went in at FS. I don't know if it's because of him totally, but he seems to be playing well enough.

mysticsoto
11-13-2007, 06:36 AM
No way Wilson beats out Ko! Ko is a better tackler and know how to play the position!

Ko is also a better blitzer. I still remember that hit/sack on Daunte last year when we played Miami. Ko was on a delayed blitz and then closed in on him like a missile!!!

User Manuel
11-13-2007, 07:40 AM

No, Ko, if he is 100%, is better.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 07:56 AM
add Wendling to the mix at S if he can show some promise and we have 4 very good safeties, maybe its time to consider moving Whitner to CB? But even then Greer and McGee have played well enough imo to warrant being the starters next year.

Mahdi
11-13-2007, 08:02 AM
There has been zero drop off with Wilson at S. I like his size and toughness, and contrary to what I have read here he is actually a very solid tackler. I havent seen any big plays on our secondary since he's been there which is a testament to his ability to cover a lot of ground. With him and Whitner back there WRs are going to get hit a lot which is what Wilson brings more than Ko does. That big hit which he is built to deliver.