PDA

View Full Version : This team needs to get a heart on offense

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 06:17 PM
It's really pathetic that we cannot score on a more consistent basis. We have a mostly healthy offense and yet the D with people we never (and I do mean never) ever thought of have stepped up to play. But how?? Heart. These guys play every down likes it's there last and work for everything. Besides Lynch, can you safely say that the offense does the same??

We need high character players that want to play hard every down. Until that day comes on offense, I will safely say we are going to be a mediocre team at best. Winning is great, I just want to do it against the best in the league and not the worst all the time.

theanswer74
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
The offense has a heart, they need an arm with a brain.

YardRat
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Beat me to it :D

bflojohn
11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
It is a flawed offense that could use a #2 WR in the worst way, and a viable TE recieving threat to provide the neccesary outlet pass for either JP or Trent. I truly believe that the Buffalo Bills braintrust better "tie in" on the trend in this league that stipulates that teams NEED a recieving TE! Pete Metzelaars was the last one in Buffalo, and was Jim Kelly's best friend on most Sundays!! A better run blocking Center is a desirable commodity also....

Oaf
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Draft Choices in 2008:
1. TE
2. WR
3. RG/C
3b. LB

Meathead
11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
i would like to get a heart on for the offense

The Jokeman
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Draft Choices in 2008:
1. TE
2. WR
3. RG/C
3b. LB
I'd rank WR #1 as if we keep JP then there's little need to go TE first and if we keep Edwards then we need to find a WR to replace Evans unless somehow he changes his tune in only supporting JP. That said would rather we look at free agents, roster cuts and/or a trade option as don't forsee any rookie WRs make as big an impact that a veteran could.

OpIv37
11-12-2007, 09:57 PM
heart's the wrong word.

"Swagger" is what you're looking for. The O comes out flat- you can see it in their eyes. They have this "Oh man, I hope this works" mentality, especially JP. But it starts with Fairchild. He doesn't dictate to defenses- he lets the opponent dictate what plays he calls.

The O needs to come out with confidence and be ready to hit people in the mouth. Right now, the only ones who do that are Peters, Walker and Lynch, and that's not enough.

G. Host
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
They have a heart - Lynch, Reed and Roscoe http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1152663298.JPG play with heart.
Occasionally you see a lineman go all out on a play.
Schouman showed heart the short time he was on active roster.

Their passion does not seem to extend to rest of offense.

Bone
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
:rofl:

ajsdx
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM

jamze132
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
The offense needs a coordinator who can get Lynch and Parrish more involved in the passing game.

Mahdi
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
It is a flawed offense that could use a #2 WR in the worst way, and a viable TE recieving threat to provide the neccesary outlet pass for either JP or Trent. I truly believe that the Buffalo Bills braintrust better "tie in" on the trend in this league that stipulates that teams NEED a recieving TE! Pete Metzelaars was the last one in Buffalo, and was Jim Kelly's best friend on most Sundays!! A better run blocking Center is a desirable commodity also....
my thoughts exactly. Look at what Winslow has done for Cleveland. Take him out of that offense and it will sputter. Jurevicious has also been a big addition.