If Miami can make our O look like that, who can't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

If Miami can make our O look like that, who can't?

JP and co. were complaining after the game about the Fins taking away their deep game. Well if they were focusing on that, how did they clog the run so effectively as well? Something has got to give.

What stops the rest of the teams we play from just looking at the Fins tape and doing the same thing? It's not like the Pats need to do that anyways.

Look at who we're throwin to these days aside from Evans anyways. I think we miss Price a little more than we think. I'm fully convinced Brett Farve couldn't pass for half our yards with the WRs and TEs we have playing right now.

Don't know if he is or not but, Mr. Fairchild should be coaching for his job now. He has to come up with a way to be creative, produce, and adjust with the guys we have, or we won't score more than once with either QB against solid teams like the Pats, Jags, Browns, or Giants. Throw it to Jenkins, get ATrain at FB or even TE, make JP a running threat, SOMETHING PLEASE or we'll be shamed on Nat'l TV yet again.

• feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: If Miami can make our O look like that, who can't?

Your O is ranked worse then Miami's, much worse! Your D is just as bad as Miami's. Yet you are questioning what Miami's O did to your D?! Who did the Bills beat this year that is any good?? Miami may have lost all their games, but the Bills have done little more then Miami cause all your wins are against bad teams. The Bills haven't proven they can win against good teams.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
      Your O is ranked worse then Miami's, much worse! Your D is just as bad as Miami's. Yet you are questioning what Miami's O did to your D?! Who did the Bills beat this year that is any good?? Miami may have lost all their games, but the Bills have done little more then Miami cause all your wins are against bad teams. The Bills haven't proven they can win against good teams.
      are you ****ing kidding me? You guys are 0-9, we're 5-4 and we just beat you and you're STILL trying to talk smack? I'll give you points for loyalty but you get a zero for logic and intelligence on this one. First, while I agree that the Bills haven't beaten anyone good, one of those "not good" teams is the Fish- the same team you're trying to defend. So ponder that for a moment.

Second, we played a lot of the same teams as you and we've beaten a couple of them. Can't say the same for you guys.

Miami played hard and they got some bad breaks- they're bad, but not 0-9 bad. I give them a lot of credit for continuing to play hard.

But damn, give it up. For all their faults, the Bills are infinitely better than the Fish this year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
        • Aug 2006

shows how much you follow the fins FTP..your defense is surprisingly ranked good, but you're close though..5TH against the pass 15th against the run..or am i mistaken? FTP, your fins are 0-9..that's no win and 9 losses..which means you guys havent won a game yet..which means you're dead last in the NFL..need i say more..we still beat you..you can say how bad we sucked against you, but i could care less..you're still 0-9 we're 5-4..SUCKS.

edited for TOS
        Last edited by shelby; 11-13-2007, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DemBillsOwn2151
          shows how much you follow the fins FTP..your defense is surprisingly ranked good, but you're close though..5TH against the pass 15th against the run..or am i mistaken? FTP, stfu who cares what you have to say, your fins are 0-9..that's no win and 9 losses..which means you guys havent won a game yet..which means you're dead last in the NFL..need i say more..we still beat you..you can say how bad we sucked against you, but i could care less..you're still 0-9 we're 5-4..SUCKS.
          they're only 5th against the pass because they played a bunch of crappy teams like the Bills and the Jets. Using FTP's own logic, the Bills are still better despite giving up more yards and being ranked lower because the Fish got that 5th ranking against crappy teams.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

I agree with most everything. Fairchild has been awful and hasn't shown any creativity or the ability to outcoach the defensive coordinator he's going up against.

Our weapons outside of Evans is horrible and they are all 5'10. We don't need another speed burner. We need a big, tall and strong WR who is able to catch the tough passes over the middle, throw jump balls to(especially in the RZ/EZ) and to keep the chains moving. Right now Evans is our only real threat. Defenses focus on stopping him and dare one of our other WR's to step up and get open on a consistent basis.

Another big threat would extremely open up our running and passing game. Look at Peyton Manning the last couple games. The guys he had on the field last night was slighly better then our weapons(Wayne and Addai are a better combination then Evans/Lynch at this point) but he also has the benifet of a better system and offense too yet he was still absolutely terrible. Any QB can look great with future HOF's and Pro Bowl players around them.

Another thing is Fairchild doesn't play to all of our strengths and especially the QB position. It can also change game to game depending on the defense and whether it's at home or not. JP's biggest strengths are rolling out of the pocket, playaction and running with the ball with designed runs. Not all the time but some designed runs to use as a viable threat and force the defense to have to put a spy on him. The spy on him would be one less guy focused on stopping Lynch and Evans.

I think Fairchild is not a quality OC. Big deal if he held the position in St. Louis. Mike Martz called the plays then. The bad thing is do we really want to start all over AGAIN with a new offensive system with all the learning curves? It may not be any worse then it is now most of the time. Also, if they just fired Fairchild to bring in some other scrub from somewhere else what good would that do? That would only defeat the purpose.

We need to bring in a proven guy. Even if it's only for a couple years before he possibly moved on to be a HC he could at least install the system and from there you can promote somebody from within to keep the ball rolling. Kind of what Pittsburgh did with Bruce Arian after Wisenhunt went to Arizona.

It's unclear whether our struggles now is the system or the playcalling though. I think it's a mixture of both. There is some grossly predictable playcalling and no identity on offense. One week we can come out slinging and the next week it's stale and to conservative.

I think we may be on the right track and are another big and viable target away from being respectable. Then a few more plays installed towards the talent of our players. Right now a lot of our players have certain abilites that are not being used. They are trying to put a round peg into a square hole.

Lynch was supposed to be a big receiving threat but we haven't seen any of it. JP was supposed to have wheels and throws on the run great but we haven't seen any of it. Stay on course with the offense we have now but modify it with some plays that fits our players abilities.

We have a bunch of fast and supposedly finese players but our offense looks more like a team revolved around a power smashmouth team. You either find players to fit that type of boring low scoring play or install more plays around a speed/finese type theory.

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Want to know how bad your Fins are??? You guys played one of your best games of the year, while we played 1 of our worst and we still won!
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Yes we haven't beat any good teams yet but we went to the limit with other good teams but came up short. They were tough losses but yesterday was a good example that our young team is learning how to win. Even when they didn't play their best they still put it together to win a road game against a divisional opponent. In the past that is a game we would've lost. We played a good team game.

A winless team doesn't have any room to talk about a 5-4 team that hasn't beat any good teams. The Dolphins had the same chance to beat them teams. Outside of a few people, how many here are saying we're great and are going deep into the playoffs. Most here see this team for what we are now. We are somewhere in the middle of the league. We are better then most teams and are winning games that we should but we are not at the level to beat the big boys on a consistent basis yet. We are a very young team that suffered 10 players going on IR with many more that missed a month or more of the season at the same time but will be better for it in the long run. Them guys will either step up and be consistent starters or make great young depth for our team with the experience to step in and perform when needed. You guys played all the same bad teams and couldn't win ONE of them.

What is worse for the Fins are they are very old. Especially on defense they are like a public manor. They have no bright future to look foward to. They are not even a young team trying to gel. They are an old team that can't even win and without any good young players on the rise with/behind them. Your team is screwed for a long time. Your once good defense is old and on the downside and needs totally rebuilt. You traded your best WR and your dreamed fantasy prize of the offseason in Trent Green is finished. The only bright spot on your team is your OL. That is a good start to build around but by the time you get anybody else the OL will be reshuffled you will be back to square one in that area too.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

The book on the Bills has been take out Evans all season. It's pretty easy to figure out. He can't beat double coverage, and the others can't beat single outside 10 yards. Still leaves plenty of bodies to stop the run.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

What the hell are you even talking about? Read my post again. I don't even mention Miami's O compared to our D. This wasn't a gloat post at all. I even gave Fins props for shutting down our pass and run game at the same time.

Anyways, refering to the original thead, I'd say chances are slim to none that Fairchild will come up with something worthy of use this week, and that will ultimately doom us in the game against the Pats and possible the rest of the year as well. Unfortunately, this will lead to three things:

1. JP will not be able to perform as well as he can, and will take all to most of the blame for lack of offensive production.
                    2. Without a legitimate passing attack, Lynch will continue to get beat up for his 70 yards.
                    3. Without a sustaining offense, the D will play hard, but eventually wear down and break under Tom Brady and co.

Score prediction: Bills 10, Pats 21

edited for TOS
                    Last edited by shelby; 11-13-2007, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Nice to see your back finally...

The Bills are better than the Dolphins so quit crying...

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

I am so gald FTP is back, I will have to start posting more often to keep my moral at work up!

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla admin
                          • Jul 2002

Keep smack in the smack zone, guys.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Your O is ranked worse then Miami's, much worse! Your D is just as bad as Miami's. Yet you are questioning what Miami's O did to your D?! .
                            Here is your rankings that matter, we're 5-4 and your knock knocking owen. If I we're you as a fin fan, i'd question everything Miami has done up to this point.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X