Trent Edwards is our best bet to beat NE (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards is our best bet to beat NE (merged)

I wouldn't be so quick to annoint JP the starting QB for this week's coming game. TE gives us our best chance against NE IMO and here is why. The way to beat Brady and Co is to keep them off the field. Our best chance at keeping possession is with TE. We can't afford to get in a shooting match with NE and I doubt that it would happen anyway with JP at the helm. I'm telling you right now Evans is going to be doubled all night long and Bellichick will force JP to honor the short game. He will probably have his head spinning by halftime with all the different coverages he will be throwing at him. We also need someone who is decisive with dumping off the ball when BB sends his disguised blitzes. I'm not totally sold on TE but I think he is better equiped to go against BB's complicated defense. We need to win the time of possession to keep Brady off the field and keep our defense fresh so that we can have a good passrush on this guy. Pressure is the only way to slow down that offense. If we hope to have any chance at all we have to pretty much play them the same way we did against the Cowboys, without the end result though.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Trent Edwards is our best bet to beat NE

Go America, Go Trent, Go Bills!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Man this is like the 5th thread on this.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

All the other threads are JP this and JP that. This is Trent motha****ing Edwards I'm talking about.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

yep, blatant plagerism of my previous post... Agree with everything!

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
            yep, blatant plagerism of my previous post... Agree with everything!
            Sorry I didn't read your post.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I agree 100%. People would rather argue about "their guy" than the merits of leigitimate reasoning.

Edwards would do much better operating a gameplan that keeps NE off the field. If you take Evans away from JP he is going to struggle.

We will need some breaks to go our way to win this game no matter what but the gameplan has to be ball control. The Colts proved it two weeks ago.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I don't think trent provides us with the best chance to win, not that it probably matters. Might as well leave JP in there, he will probably be a little mad at Wilfork and Co. for being dirty. And if he stinks it up, take him out and put the rook back in. But JP needs to start the game.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

But you cant keep going QB to QB. If they pick TE now the lockerroom will divide and what we have going for us (Gelling as a TEAM) will go away and we will have no shot

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I hope they start Trent Sunday

Most people here know I prefer J.P., but I hope that they start Trent.
                    He can "control" the time of possession. Then we will learn that a high time of possession without more than three points does not equal a win. I thought it was an obvious lesson but apparently not.

Points are more valuable than three extra minutes on the clock. Also the D is partly responsible for how long they are on the field. If they quit giving up 3rd and longs all day long they would be on the field less, and the O would have more chances with the rock. Could the long drives being given up the D having a negative impact on the O? Maybe if they didn't have to wait 9 minutes to get the ball back between every series they wouldn't struggle to get into sync.

Truth is Trent may end up better than JP, (I haven't seen it). But to start Trent means you have given up on the season. Sorry he may have a win or two and bail out by JP for him, but starting a rookie Q.B. will end the season. Oh the irony. Many calling for Trent had a win now attitude and “win now” based criticisms this off season and start of the season. Talk about a great market for Prozac.

Other observations this week. I will root for the quarterback that is named the starter, and will not root against him. Last week I had a Trent fan over- and he actually rooted for JP to Fail. Lets approach this Q.B. controversy as Bills fans first, a particular player fan lst.

By reading the Boards this week you think we were on 4 game losing streak, and were expected to compete with the Patriots for the division and go to the Super Bowl, but this 4 game losing streak leaves only a shot a wild card.

Get over it people. Let's be positive, (no it is not fatal). Go back and re-read your posts the first 3 weeks and see what you were predicating. Many of you were correct. Only it's the Dolfelons that is 0-9.

Enjoy the ride. Enjoy watching the youngsters get better and grow, and anything extra that comes this season is the proverbial "icing"!
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Re: I hope they start Trent Sunday

Jerry Sulivan had a great article which basically said that we are supposed to try and win the games and JP doesn't get excuses against the Pats.

If Losman plays like he did against Miami and we lose will you be giving him a pass because it was the mighty Patriots?

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bufftp
                        Most people here know I prefer J.P., but I hope that they start Trent.
                        He can "control" the time of possession. Then we will learn that a high time of possession without more than three points does not equal a win. I thought it was an obvious lesson but apparently not.

Points are more valuable than three extra minutes on the clock. Also the D is partly responsible for how long they are on the field. If they quit giving up 3rd and longs all day long they would be on the field less, and the O would have more chances with the rock. Cold the long drives being given up the D having a negative impact on the O? Maybe if they didn't have to wait 9 minutes to get the ball back between every series they wouldn't struggle to get into sync.

Truth is Trent may end up better than JP, (I haven't seen it). But to start Trent means you have given up on the season. Sorry he may have a win or two and bail out by JP for him, but starting a rookie Q.B. will end the season. Oh the irony. Many calling for Trent had a win now attitude and “win now” based criticisms this off season and start of the season. Talk about a great market for Prozac.

Other observations this week. I will root for the quarterback that is named the starter, and will not root against him. Last week I had a Trent fan over- and he actually rooted for JP to Fail. Lets approach this Q.B. controversy as Bills fans first, a particular player fan lst.

By reading the Boards this week you think we were on 4 game losing streak, and were expected to compete with the Patriots for the division and go to the Super Bowl, but this 4 game losing streak leaves only a shot a wild card.

Get over it people. Let's be positive, (no it is not fatal). Go back and re-read your posts the first 3 weeks and see what you were predicating. Many of you were correct. Only it's the Dolfelons that is 0-9.

Enjoy the ride. Enjoy watching the youngsters get better and grow, and anything extra that comes this season is the proverbial "icing"!
                        If Trent plays against NE we wont be able to move the ball at all. They will eat up all that short stuff and take our run game away at the same time.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Vote for Trent Here!!

The JP era is over in Buffalo. To have a chance to beat New England, November 17th we must start Trent Edwards.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            will you be giving him a pass because it was the mighty Patriots?
                            I will give whomever the Q.B. is a pass against the Patriots.

Why?

All Q.B.'s look bad against the patriots, not just who plays Sunday.
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Jerry Sulivan had a great article which basically said that we are supposed to try and win the games and JP doesn't get excuses against the Pats.

If Losman plays like he did against Miami and we lose will you be giving him a pass because it was the mighty Patriots?
                              IMO you start JP until you are out of the playoff race.

Comment

Working...
                              X