PDA

View Full Version : Let Me Paint You a picture....

The King
11-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Its 10:01PM on Sunday night the Pats have a 17-0 lead and the Bills D has done way more than asked of them again. The offense while productive can't seem to find the endzone. Marshawn has 19 carries for 59 yards, JP has gone 9-20 for 101 yards 1INT.

Its 4th down and the Pats are punting Roscoe bring the ball back to the 50 on a 19yard return. The stadium is fairly quiet and over the loud speaker blairs Journeys Dont Stop Believing... Trent throws on his helmet and runs out onto the field. Then it goes black like the Sopranos ending.

Anyone else feel that... its hope. That just maybe, maybe he can do it.

Pride
11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Great scenerio. If JP plays the same way he did against Miami in this game... I am all for TE getting the 2nd half start. But JP needs to start the game. Start, but with a short leash.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
MB you need to lay off whatever you started smoking today

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm seeing our D pick off Brady 6 times and run back for two like we did to Homo-Romo. Brady throws a hissy fit and Bellicheat refuses to shake Dick's hand.

:cheers:

gil
11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Trent throws on his helmet and runs out onto the field. Then it goes black like the Sopranos ending.
well, that at least is where I'll be blackout drunk if we're down 17-0 or worse.

But, like has been said in the other 15 threads about this - if we get some divine intervention in the form of turnovers and someone "accidentally" falls into Brady's knee, maybe...

DMBcrew36
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Trent puts up just as few points as Losman. They're different, but at the same time, neither of them can get it in the end zone. So really, does it matter who plays QB? JP won't manage the game well but he has the potential for a big play. Trent manages the game but can't make more than check downs and dump-offs. I guess at least Trent keeps our defense off the field longer?

SquishDaFish
11-13-2007, 09:29 AM
DmBrew thats the only pos for TE is that he keeps are D off the field. But I want to see us with chances to score points.

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Its 10:01PM on Sunday night the Pats have a 17-0 lead and the Bills D has done way more than asked of them again. The offense while productive can't seem to find the endzone. Marshawn has 19 carries for 59 yards, JP has gone 9-20 for 101 yards 1INT.

Its 4th down and the Pats are punting Roscoe bring the ball back to the 50 on a 19yard return. The stadium is fairly quiet and over the loud speaker blairs Journeys Dont Stop Believing... Trent throws on his helmet and runs out onto the field. Then it goes black like the Sopranos ending.

not a great scenario, you already had JP failing from the get-go.

The King
11-13-2007, 09:33 AM
not a great scenario, you already had JP failing from the get-go.

Sounds like everyone has everyone failing at least I think Trent can win the game. Everyone else is boo hooing everyone.

acehole
11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
All of the Trend Edwards guy need to start posting in the Twilight zone for more reasons then one...

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Sounds like everyone has everyone failing at least I think Trent can win the game. Everyone else is boo hooing everyone.
I think JP can win the game too.

Throne Logic
11-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Time of possession. I'm sure most of the folks around here noticed that the TOP was a bit lopsided this past week vs. the Fins. I guarantee all of you, that if the Pats have a 20 min POS to the Bills 10 min, the score at the half will be in the neighborhood of 48-3.

I agree that JP's long ball ability helps to open up the run. However, the offense tends to hold on to the ball longer with TE. Neither of them can score consistently, so that is an unfortune wash. I don't believe that New England is going to go out of their way to respect JP's long ball. Even if JP and Evans hook up for 2 scores, NE will be confident that they can put up more points than that. It's important that you consider that the long ball hook ups don't take any time off the clock, leaving NE that much more time to work with. On the flip side, Trent will eat up more clock, limiting NE's time to put up points.

Here's my plan: Trent plays the first three quarters, eating up time while simultaneously keeping NE's score total down and our defense rested. Bring in Mr. 4th Quarter, JP, to change it up and strike when NE is becoming complacent with their expected lead. Try to take them by surprise.

Alt plan use trent all game, but work in at least 3 deep balls in the first dozen plays to back NE off the line.

Long and short of it is that I don't believe JP can beat NE as the starter vs. NE. TOP is way too important this week, 'cuz this ain't Miami.

mybills
11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
It's gonna take more than a QB to win this game, so it doesn't matter which one starts.

mybills
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
oh and, give me that paint brush.

clumping platelets
11-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I do not care who is the QB, just win football games

DynaPaul
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Damn, I was hoping you were gonna paint me a nice woodland scene like that white guy with the afro. It'd look good in my dining room.

The King
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Damn, I was hoping you were gonna paint me a nice woodland scene like that white guy with the afro. It'd look good in my dining room.

:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
11-13-2007, 11:49 AM
and someone "accidentally" falls into Brady's knee, maybe...

I hope that they at least put their elbows out. From what I heard, that is the ONLY way to break your fall so as not to break your wrists.

Mitchy moo
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm going to paint a new picture:

Digi standing on Brady's convulsing body, Bills up 31-0 and the game well in hand. Pats lose their next 7 straight and the Bills win the East and a playoff bye. The Bills get back to the SB and DIgi gets the MVP. I'll be holding the sign, RIP Mom.

mchurchfie
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
All of the Trend Edwards guy need to start posting in the Twilight zone for more reasons then one...
And you guys need to quit using your lifesize JP posters to help get you through your daily masturbation.;)

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm going to paint a new picture:

Digi standing on Brady's convulsing body, Bills up 31-0 and the game well in hand. Pats lose their next 7 straight and the Bills win the East and a playoff bye. The Bills get back to the SB and DIgi gets the MVP. I'll be holding the sign, RIP Mom.
I like your picture better. I don't care if it's photoshopped

Jan Reimers
11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Why would we put "3 Point" Edwards on the field when we're trailing by 17?

BillsFever21
11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
DmBrew thats the only pos for TE is that he keeps are D off the field. But I want to see us with chances to score points.

I wouldn't say that either. Our third down conversion rate in his starts are like 4-12, 3-12 and crap like that. That isn't keeping our defense off the field. The only difference is his 3 yard dumpoffs and 5 yard gains on 3rd and 7 will keep the clock running for 45 seconds more each time as opposed to TRYING for the first down and maybe throwing an incompletion instead which stops the clock. It may show on the stat sheet that we had the ball longer because the clock was running but how much longer in actual minutes was our defense off the field for? It can't be that much with 25-30% 3rd down conversion rates.

BillsFever21
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Why would we put "3 Point" Edwards on the field when we're trailing by 17?

His offense scored 48 points in 5 games and they think he's going to run on the field like Frank Reich and bring us back from an unthinkable feat? This stuff is too funny. It's just another example of people only seeing and believing what they want whether it actually happens or not. LOL

Bufftp
11-13-2007, 01:52 PM

Sorry no hope. Pats have a 17-10 lead and we need more than 3.

chernobylwraiths
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
His offense scored 48 points in 5 games and they think he's going to run on the field like Frank Reich and bring us back from an unthinkable feat? This stuff is too funny. It's just another example of people only seeing and believing what they want whether it actually happens or not. LOL

Whenever Frank Reich came into a game, he wasn't very good. Frank's good games came in games he started. Like the comeback game.