PDA

View Full Version : DB's Mock Draft v4.0

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Two more weeks gone and its time for another Mock Draft!!!! You guys know the deal by now. Enjoy!!

1. Miami-DT Glenn Dorsey-LSU
Really a no brainer pick for a struggling and aging defense. Dorsey is a guy you can really build around.

2. St. Louis-OT Jake Long-Michigan
One of the hardest picks of the draft, but they have to protect Bulger, combining Long with Barron could provide amazing protection.

3. New York Jets-RB Darren McFadden-Arkansas
Thomas Jones will be a good vet from McFadden to look for but the Jets get the best player in the draft at the #3 posistion.

4. New England-DT Sedrick Ellis-USC
Maybe a small reach but when your the Pats you can do that. Adding Ellis makes this defense even all the more dangerous.

5. Oakland-DE Chris Long-Virginia
Little home cooking here as they take Howie's boy to add a little motor to their D.

6. Minnesotta-QB Brian Brohm-Louisville
I still think Jackson could be a good NFL QB, but Childress doesnt have the time to wait, Brohm is the most NFL ready prospect.

7. Cincinatti-LB Dan Connor-Penn State
Cincy has to get better character guys and Connor will fill the void Thurman/Nicholson left. If Pollack comes back he and Connor could be a dangerous duo.

8. Atlanta-OT Sam Baker-USC
Atlanta doesnt take a QB?!?! What?! Well believe it or not Atlanta's issues have not been the QB as much as they have been lack of protection and failure to open up running lanes.

9. Philadelphia-S Kenny Phillips-Miami
This is the guy that Eagles fan are calling for and they get their man here.

10. New Orleans-LB Keith Rivers
Mark Simoneau is not a starting NFL Caliber LB, Rivers will quickly replace him

11. Kansas City-DE Calais Campbell-Miami
Allen wants out, and I dont hink KC can keep him, taking Campbell gives them his replacement

12. Houston-DE/OLB Derrick Harvey-Florida
Another tweener for Houston? Yes, they still need to provide a pass rush and its something they still struggle with

13. Denver-WR Desean Jackson-California
Marshall is a good possession receiver, but with Smith aging they need a big play guy and thats Jackson

14. Chicago-QB Matt Ryan-Boston College
Grossman and Greise both suck, so NEXT!

15. Carolina-QB Andre Woodson-Kentucky
Carolina would at this point be praising god for letting Woodson fall to them here

16. Baltimore-WR Malcolm Kelly-Oklahoma
How many years now have we been waiting for Clayton to emerge? Enough is enough.

17. Arizona-CB Malcolm Jenkins-Ohio State
Arizona needs somebody oppositte Rolle, enter Jenkins.

18. Washington-DE Quentin Groves-Auburn
Probably the best pass rush guy in this years draft should help to really solidify the Redskin D

19. Tampa Bay-LB James Lauraunitis-Ohio State
They gotta replace Brooks soon and whether thats James moving outside or Rudd somebody has to take over

20. Seattle-WR Adarius Bowman-Oklahoma State
Seattle badly needs a big target to helpout Hasselback

21. San Diego-WR Limas Sweed-Texas
Still waiting for a WR to emerge from their group of potential

22. Dallas-CB Antoine Cason-Arizona
Newman has been a dissapointment and Dallas needs somebody who can cover and not need a safety overtop

23. Buffalo-CB Justin King-Penn State
Hate this pick, we dont need a CB, but there isnt much else here to take.

24. Tennessee-OT Gosder Cherilus-Boston College
Vince could use some protection

25. New York Giants-OT Micheal Oher-Mississippi
Eli also needs protection and losing Pettigout in the offseason hurt

26. Jacksonville-CB Aqib Talib-Kansas
Jacksonville needs to get better through the air both offensively and defensively. Only one makes sense here

27. Detroit-OT Ryan Clady-Boise State
They are close but Kitna could use some more time and Clady can provide that

28. Pittsburgh-DE Tyson Jackson-LSU
Jasckson provide a nasty streak to Tomlin's D

29. San Francisco-WR Early Doucet-LSU
Alex Smith needs a true receiving threat on the outside

30. Green Bay-RB James Stewart-Oregon
Is there really any question here?

31. Dallas-DT Frank Okam-Texas
Could use a clogger for their D, and Okam is home grown

32. New England-FORFEIT

hydro
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
So being that low in the draft, you think that is trade bait with our needs?

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
So being that low in the draft, you think that is trade bait with our needs?
Id pray a TE like Beckum or Bennett leaves early and we grab them there, or that a WR like Sweed or Bowman falls. But being there Id be open to trade out of the 1st round and pick up two 1sts next year. This draft imo is very deep.

hydro
11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Id pray a TE like Beckum or Bennett leaves early and we grab them there, or that a WR like Sweed or Bowman falls. But being there Id be open to trade out of the 1st round and pick up two 1sts next year. This draft imo is very deep.

So even though we wouldn't get a first round pick we can still pick up impact players in later rounds?

Mahdi
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
23 is a good spot for the best TE available. I would take Fred Davis in a second.

clumping platelets
11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I prefer Talib from Kansas

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
So even though we wouldn't get a first round pick we can still pick up impact players in later rounds?
I believe so

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
23 is a good spot for the best TE available. I would take Fred Davis in a second.
:puke:

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I prefer Talib from Kansas
Reason?

Mahdi
11-13-2007, 10:08 AM
:puke:
Why dont you like him?

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Why dont you like him?

He's not the new TE type mold that I think we need, he's a big bodied TE who while athletic isnt going to burn anybody in routes. He does everything well but isnt a game breaker.

baalworship
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
How about a guard that can runblock? Who would you like for the bills that can maul people?

I think we might be the worst short yardage run blocking team in the NFL.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
How about a guard that can runblock? Who would you like for the bills that can maul people?

Grimes is probably the best and he's 2nd-3rd Round prospect

Oaf
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey DB, what do you think about that corner from Wisconsin, Ikegwonu or something? He's shut down some top WRs this year and would be a great fit in our D for the slot.

Mahdi
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Our guards are actually good run blockers. We already know Dockery is but what im seeing now is that Butler is also a very good run blocker both in line and as a puller. Im noticing now that when we run to the right side it has been surprisingly more effective than the right side.

What we need is a run blocking C. Fowler is just not strong enough at the point of attack.

FlyingElvis
11-13-2007, 11:37 AM
As far as the Pats, Ellis is too small to play in a 2-gap defense. Unless he plays in a McGinest / elephant type role.

I'm not sure the Pats want to draft that high. Maybe they trade down and pick up another #1 next year.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey DB, what do you think about that corner from Wisconsin, Ikegwonu or something? He's shut down some top WRs this year and would be a great fit in our D for the slot.

Good 2nd Round corner at this point, but honesty Im happy with our defensive backfield, they've played very well imo.

Id rather take a project pick like Dominique Rogers-Croamartie

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
As far as the Pats, Ellis is too small to play in a 2-gap defense. Unless he plays in a McGinest / elephant type role.

I'm not sure the Pats want to draft that high. Maybe they trade down and pick up another #1 next year.
Ellis would play DE in your defensive scheme Id imagine, maybe a little DT. I agree though that they may just deal down. Unless McFadden is there.

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I think you did this before and I asked the same question....Where is Steve Slaton?

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I think you did this before and I asked the same question....Where is Steve Slaton?

Still in school or in the 3rd round where he belongs, nowhere near a 1st round prospect

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Still in school or in the 3rd round where he belongs, nowhere near a 1st round prospect

youre on crack. many real draft experts have him in the top 15. IMO hes the top all around back in the draft.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
youre on crack. many real draft experts have him in the top 15. IMO hes the top all around back in the draft.
We shall see soon enough, he may go Round 1 to GB, but if they do they are wasting their pick on a 3rd down back like Jerious Norwood. Who gets hurt a hell of alot more and fumbles more. No way Id touch him before Round 3.

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
heres one...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
heres another having him go in the first....

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
and another......

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

tellin you bro. this kid is the best all around back coming out. I watch WVU every weekend and he reminds me of a faster Lynch

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
gets hurt a hell of alot more and fumbles more. No way Id touch him before Round 3.

Have you even seen him play?

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Have you even seen him play?
Yes numerous times and you can post 1500 mocks that have him going in the 1st, Im not changing my mind. I had the same criticisms of Ginn prior to last years draft, when everybody had him going Rd 1, I said he wasnt worth it. Having a different view point on prospects is nothing new to me.

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes numerous times and you can post 1500 mocks that have him going in the 1st, Im not changing my mind. I had the same criticisms of Ginn prior to last years draft, when everybody had him going Rd 1, I said he wasnt worth it. Having a different view point on prospects is nothing new to me.

well if you have seen him play as you state, you would know he hasnt fumbled in 3 years. not to mention i cant remember the last time he was hurt.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>1128</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>7.9</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>1744</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>13.3</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD>168</TD><TD>885</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>14.7</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Projected</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>224</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>1180</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>58</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>19</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>25</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>373</TD><TD>14.7</TD><TD>51</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>1</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>0</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

the second to last category is his number of fumbles...so i question just how much youve actually "watched him". I dont think its a difference in view point, its a difference in knowledge.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
well if you have seen him play as you state, you would know he hasnt fumbled in 3 years. not to mention i cant remember the last time he was hurt.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>1128</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>7.9</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>1744</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>13.3</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD>168</TD><TD>885</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>14.7</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Projected</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>224</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>1180</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>58</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>19</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>25</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>373</TD><TD>14.7</TD><TD>51</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>1</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>0</TD><!--gamesLeft=3--><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

the second to last category is his number of fumbles...so i dont know just how much youve actually "watched him"
Whats the link on your stats?

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=174468

In fact, I dont think hes EVER fumbled in College

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=174468
Did you know according to your stats link not one WVU players has ever fumbeled in a game?

Thats why I asked for your link, fumbels like defensive stats are rarely tracked

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
well heres another....also check games played. Like I said, cant remember the last time he was hurt....

http://www.steveslaton.org/steve-slaton-statistics.php

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
well heres another....also check games played. Like I said, cant remember the last time he was hurt....

http://www.steveslaton.org/steve-slaton-statistics.php

Not long term injuries just getting knicked up in games, he doesnt have the body to be a 20-25 down back in the NFL.

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Cant really remember the last time he was "knicked up" either. Noel Davine fills in for him when he needs a breather, besides that he seem tough and durable to me. Also with the stats on his fumbles, it is accurate, no fumbles in his years at WVU.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Cant really remember the last time he was "knicked up" either. Noel Davine fills in for him when he needs a breather, besides that he seem tough and durable to me. Also with the stats on his fumbles, it is accurate, no fumbles in his years at WVU.
Link?

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Link for what? Not trying to bust balls here buddy, just think you venture into some territories in which you dont really know the facts

User Manuel
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Damn Bills! winning and screwing up DraftBoys Mock!!!!:bad:

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Link for what? Not trying to bust balls here buddy, just think you venture into some territories in which you dont really know the facts

Your link that shows Slaton has never fumbeled at WVU? No ball busting if Im wrong, Ill admit to it. However dont expect me just to take you at your word either.

buffalony85
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Slayton fumbled on 2 consecutive snaps last year vs rutgers.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mysticsoto
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Alright. We've gone down alot more than I wanted and now will likely lose Malcolm Kelly, but let's see what picks I think would happen and see if we are still in sync:

1. Miami-DT Glenn Dorsey
With Miami's aging defense, this seems like a no-brainer.

2. St. Louis-DE Quentin Groves
I think the Rams have good Olinemen, but many of them are injured (like Incognito) and the Center hasn't been 100%. They should be back next year. Additionally, they just moved Alex Barron to LT this season, I doubt they just abruptly move him back to RT next year. I could see them grabbing a defensive lineman to start grooming their next ends. Leonard Little isn't getting any younger. I know you don't view Quentin Groves this highly, but I think he's pretty good.

3. New York Jets-RB Darren McFadden

4. New England-S Kenny Phillips
Yes, they took Brandon Merriweather last year, but he's listed as 3rd string in the current Safety lineup and 2nd string at CB. NE has virtually everything, and therefore they can afford to take Kenny this high if it helps improve their secondary which is probably the weakest link in this otherwise juggernaut of a team.

5. Oakland-OT Jake Long
With Barry Sims aging, they need to finally have a hit with an OL pick that will protect their future in Jemarcus Russell.

6. Minnesotta-QB Brian Brohm

7. Cincinatti-LB Dan Connor
Cincinnati can go almost anywhere on defense, but this seems like a good pick for them...

8. Atlanta-OT Sam Baker
Without a speedy QB like Vick, the Oline's ineptness has become alot more apparent...

9. Philadelphia-WR Desean Jackson
While one could argue defense, the Eagles have a million DEs on the roster and a few still green behind the ear DTs that they might want to give a chance to continue development. Giving that, they might seek to re-energize that passing offense that they live by and that seems to have died down as of late.

11. Kansas City-DE - Chris Long

12. Houston-DE - Calais Campbell

13. Denver-DT - Sedrick Ellis
With Sam Adams getting older, Denver is relieved to land his replacement!

14. Chicago-QB Andre Woodson
Swapped your QB picks b'cse I like Woodson better than Ryan...but not a big change.

15. Carolina-QB Matt Ryan

16. Baltimore-DE/OLB Derrick Harvey
Derrick Harvey will fit into Baltimore's defense first type of philosophy.

17. Arizona-CB Malcolm Jenkins

18. Washington-WR Malcolm Kelly
Washington has speedy guys but no tall possession receivers.

19. Tampa Bay-LB James Lauraunitis

20. Seattle-WR Adarius Bowman

21. San Diego-WR Limas Sweed
SD could likely take a risk with this big guy.

22. Dallas-CB Antoine Cason

23. Buffalo-WR Early Doucet
Not the big possession receiver Buffalo would like, but another speedy receiver that will fit Fairchild's style of offense alongside Evans and Parrish. At the very least, a #2 WR is badly needed.

24. Tennessee-OT Gosder Cherilus

25. New York Giants-OT Ryan Clady

26. Jacksonville-CB Justin King

27. Detroit--OT Barry Richardson

28. Pittsburgh-DT Frank Okam

29. San Francisco-DE Tyson Jackson
Having no 1st rd WR worth taking here, SF chooses to go defense and replace the aging Bryant Young (which I advocated they should have done last year instead of taking Vernon Davis).

30. Green Bay-RB Jonathan Stewart

31. Dallas-OT/OG Michael Oher

32. New England-FORFEIT

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

were they lost? yes he has fumbled the ball, not denying that, but losing the fumble is a different story. Fumbling the ball a foot in front of you on a bad hand off or whatever doesnt really constitute a fumbling problem. The main reason i brought this up, is because he stated he fumbles a lot and made it seem like it was a major issue, Which is in no way true. He has not fumbled once this year, getting the ball back or not, he just hasnt done it. He also has not been injured this year once. Truth is, he will be a 1st round pick, or a very early second at the LATEST. He has the ability to go the distance every time he touches the ball, and is AMAZING catching the ball.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

were they lost? yes he has fumbled the ball, not denying that, but losing the fumble is a different story. Fumbling the ball a foot in front of you on a bad hand off or whatever doesnt really constitute a fumbling problem. The main reason i brought this up, is because he stated he fumbles a lot and made it seem like it was a major issue, Which is in no way true. He has not fumbled once this year, getting the ball back or not, he just hasnt done it. He also has not been injured this year once. Truth is, he will be a 1st round pick, or a very early second at the LATEST. He has the ability to go the distance every time he touches the ball, and is AMAZING catching the ball.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Im still waiting on the link to confirm this, but this may be all in vain since he may not even leave early.

FlyingDutchman
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I gave links proving this. If anything, show me a link that states the contrary. True, he may stay, but I doubt it. Wait til you see this Noel Davine kid whos his back up next year. Holy smokes is he freakin fast.

Ickybaluky
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
If the Pats are going to take a DL, they won't pass on Jake Long. He was practically born to be a Patriot and would come in already knowing their scheme.

Also, I can't see them taking a S. They love James Sanders, who is currently starting with Rodney Harrison. Meriweather is ultimately going to be a S, not a CB.

Plus, CB might end up being a bigger need, if Samuel leaves via FA. I'm not sure if a shutdown-type CB will be available, but that would fill a bigger need.

Personally, don't be surprised if they take McFadden if he is available. If they think he is a difference-maker as a RB, they will take him. Maroney has been nicked up a lot and runs tentative at times, so they won't think twice about addressing the position. Plus, a top-rated RB would be able to make an immediate impact and would make their offense that much scarier. Their running game is pretty good, but McFadden might be the biggest impact guy available.

Ickybaluky
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
BTW, if the season ended today the Bills would be picking 21st based on SOS.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
BTW, if the season ended today the Bills would be picking 21st based on SOS.

Yep but this is just based on standings as listed on NFL.com, not doing tie breakers and such, same as the previous 3

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I gave links proving this. If anything, show me a link that states the contrary. True, he may stay, but I doubt it. Wait til you see this Noel Davine kid whos his back up next year. Holy smokes is he freakin fast.

I already told you why your links are no good, Fumbles like defensive stats are not universally recorded. Which is why it shows on ESPN.com that WVU has never fumbled a ball, not just not lost one but never even dropped it.

Ive seen Devine play, he's plenty fast but so is Holliday for LSU. He seems like Slaton 2.0 hopefully he's better.

Oaf
11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Good 2nd Round corner at this point, but honesty Im happy with our defensive backfield, they've played very well imo.

Id rather take a project pick like Dominique Rogers-Croamartie
Thanks. I'd still pull the trigger if he was there with our first 3rd rounder. We know we got with Webster and Thomas, and I'm almost ready to throw it in with Youboty.

If McGee regresses at all, we've got someone to push him, or if not, we can put him in the slot which I believe he is tailor made for.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I could also see Cinci going after Cedrick Ellis, that would be a very good pick for them. As for Buffalo, I really like Early Doucet or Cedrick Ellis if he drops and maybe even a Frank Okam to start along McCargo eventually. Also, in the later rounds I'd like us to pick up a guy like Hester, FB from LSU. We could also use some more talent at C/OG, especially maulers in the running game.

TigerJ
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I've never been very good at doing mocks. At this point in the year, I just like to find players that might fill a need for the Bills and then figure out what round they might be picked.

DraftBoy
11-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Alright. We've gone down alot more than I wanted and now will likely lose Malcolm Kelly, but let's see what picks I think would happen and see if we are still in sync:

1. Miami-DT Glenn Dorsey
2. St. Louis-DE Quentin Groves-Dont like this pick, Chris Long is a better option here over Groves. Groves is going to be a 3-4 OLB/DE tweener. He would be a better asset for a team who plays that scheme.
3. New York Jets-RB Darren McFadden
4. New England-S Kenny Phillips-Good Pick
5. Oakland-OT Jake Long
6. Minnesotta-QB Brian Brohm
7. Cincinatti-LB Dan Connor
8. Atlanta-OT Sam Baker
9. Philadelphia-WR Desean Jackson-Not a bad pick, but you know my feelings on Jackson
11. Kansas City-DE - Chris Long-Put Campbell here, and move Groves to Houston
12. Houston-DE-Calais Campbell
13. Denver-DT - Sedrick Ellis-Nice Pick
14. Chicago-QB Andre Woodson
15. Carolina-QB Matt Ryan
16. Baltimore-DE/OLB Derrick Harvey Very good pick!
17. Arizona-CB Malcolm Jenkins
18. Washington-WR Malcolm Kelly-Unfortunately this makes sense
19. Tampa Bay-LB James Lauraunitis
20. Seattle-WR Adarius Bowman
21. San Diego-WR Limas Sweed
22. Dallas-CB Antoine Cason
23. Buffalo-WR Early Doucet-I like this pick if Doucet proves he can come back from his injury
24. Tennessee-OT Gosder Cherilus
25. New York Giants-OT Ryan Clady-Smart Pick
26. Jacksonville-CB ]Justin King
27. Detroit--OT Barry Richardson
28. Pittsburgh-]DT Frank Okam
29. San Francisco-DE Tyson Jackson
30. Green Bay-RB Jonathan Stewart
31. Dallas-OT/OG Michael Oher
32. New England-FORFEIT

The rest are all realistic situational picks too, overall good work

Oaf
11-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Any gamebreaker TEs in this draft? I'd like one please. I'd even wait till the 2nd to get a WR.

The Jokeman
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Sweed being injured right now may cause him to fall.

DraftBoy
11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Sweed being injured right now may cause him to fall.

Very true, and Id love to get him in Rd 2, I think he'd be a steal that late. However its not uncommon for a late run on WR's to happen in rd 1, like this past year. Alot is going to depend on how Sweed does in the combine and if he can play in the Senior Bowl.

DraftBoy
11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Any gamebreaker TEs in this draft? I'd like one please. I'd even wait till the 2nd to get a WR.

As of right now, Id say no, if Beckum or Bennett enter either one of those could be game breakers.

Thats not to be confused with saying this TE class is weak because its not but there are no K2, or Vernon Davis clones as of right now.

Mahdi
11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
If the Pats are going to take a DL, they won't pass on Jake Long. He was practically born to be a Patriot and would come in already knowing their scheme.

Also, I can't see them taking a S. They love James Sanders, who is currently starting with Rodney Harrison. Meriweather is ultimately going to be a S, not a CB.

Plus, CB might end up being a bigger need, if Samuel leaves via FA. I'm not sure if a shutdown-type CB will be available, but that would fill a bigger need.

Personally, don't be surprised if they take McFadden if he is available. If they think he is a difference-maker as a RB, they will take him. Maroney has been nicked up a lot and runs tentative at times, so they won't think twice about addressing the position. Plus, a top-rated RB would be able to make an immediate impact and would make their offense that much scarier. Their running game is pretty good, but McFadden might be the biggest impact guy available.
You mean Chris Long?

alohabillsfan
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
My First 4 picks for Buffalo

1) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma or Adarius Bowman, WR,
2)Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest
3A)Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky
3B)Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada

Tatonka
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Slayton fumbled on 2 consecutive snaps last year vs rutgers.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

he also fumbled in the thursday night game against rutgers this year.. i just watched it 2 weeks ago, and they brought up the fumbles against rutgers last year as soon as it happened.. if i remember correctly, he fumbled a second time in the game and WV recovered it.. White was losing teh ball all night too.

Ickybaluky
11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
You mean Chris Long?

Yeah, got the names mixed up, but I meant Chris. He is going to be a great pro.

DraftBoy
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
My First 4 picks for Buffalo

1) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma or Adarius Bowman, WR,
2)Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest
3A)Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky
3B)Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada

You probably got a shot at Justice in the 4th or 5th round to be perfectly honest, other than that they are good picks.

DraftBoy
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah, got the names mixed up, but I meant Chris. He is going to be a great pro.

He'll be just like Aaron Schobel imo

Ickybaluky
11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
He'll be just like Aaron Schobel imo

He has Schobel's motor, but he is bigger. He has a lot of fight in him.

The reason I think the kid will be even better in the NFL is his versatility. He can play 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE or DT on passing downs. He plays strong at the point, but is athletic enough to rush the passer. He is real quick off the ball.

DraftBoy
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
He has Schobel's motor, but he is bigger. He has a lot of fight in him.

The reason I think the kid will be even better in the NFL is his versatility. He can play 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE or DT on passing downs. He plays strong at the point, but is athletic enough to rush the passer. He is real quick off the ball.

His technique needs some work especially when he moves inside. He is the star of the Virginia defense but the ACC is a weak conference so it will be very interesting to see how his skills transfer to the next level. He should hold up well v. the run and be able to still pass rush. He may turn into an Aaron Kampman type but I see him more like Schobel.

Tatonka
11-14-2007, 10:33 AM
your momma is a weak conference.

:couch:

Ickybaluky
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
His technique needs some work especially when he moves inside. He is the star of the Virginia defense but the ACC is a weak conference so it will be very interesting to see how his skills transfer to the next level. He should hold up well v. the run and be able to still pass rush. He may turn into an Aaron Kampman type but I see him more like Schobel.

I think Kampman is a better comparison. Grant Wistrom and Adam Carriker are good comparisons as well. He is a little bigger and stronger than Kampman and Wistrom while a little smaller than Carriker.

I love his consistency and versatility, which are both traits much more valuable in the NFL. The thing that is most impressive about Long is how many plays he makes behind the LOS, especially for a guy who plays 3-4 DE and is 2-gapping. He isn't a premier pass rusher, but he does make a lot of tackles for loss. He gets off the ball and moves real well laterally, making plays up and down the LOS. That was one of the hallmarks of his Dad. He would be a great fit for the Pats as a 3-4 DE, although they are very deep there. He could be used as an inside rusher in sub packages as well.

Mike13
11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Doucet would be a solid pick for you guys, you need a no.2 guy to complement Evans.

I wouldn't mind Dorsey but I wonder where he'd fit in a 3-4 Defense.

buffalony85
11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Brady, Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, Maroney, Mcfadden, and still got young players like Chad Jackson i'll forfeit!

Mike13
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Which first rounder do the Pats give up?

mysticsoto
11-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Which first rounder do the Pats give up?

They give up theirs which will likely be toward the end (if not THE LAST) pick. They get SF's 1st rd however and SF has looked so crappy, that right now, it's looking like a top 5.

We need to root for SF to win some more games!!!

DraftBoy
11-18-2007, 04:52 PM
They lose a 1st if they make the playoffs (which as of now seems like a foregone conclusion) or a 2nd and 3rd if they dont make the playoffs.

mysticsoto
11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Nfldraftcountdown's new mock:

1. Miami-DT Glenn Dorsey
2. St. Louis-OT Jake Long
3. NY Jets-DE Chris Long
4. New England-LB James Lauraunitis
5. Oakland-RB Darren McFadden
6. Cincinatti-DT Sedrick Ellis
7. Atlanta-QB Brian Brohm
8. Minnesota-QB Matt Ryan
9. Arizona-DE Calais Campbell
10. New Orleans-CB Malcolm Jenkins
11. Baltimore-QB Andre Woodson
12. Kansas City-OT Ryan Clady
13. Houston-S Kenny Phillips
14. Carolina-LB Keith Rivers
15. Denver-LB Dan Connor
16. Chicago-OT Gosder Cherilus
17. Philadelphia-WR Desean Jackson
18. Seattle-RB Jonathan Stewart
19. Dallas-CB Reggie Smith
20. Tampa Bay-OT Sam Baker
21. Buffalo-WR Malcolm Kelly
22. San Diego-DT Frank Okam
23. Washington-DE/OLB Derrick Harvey
24. Tennessee-WR Limas Sweed
25. NY Giants-CB Mike Jenkins
26. Jacksonville-DE Vernon Gholston
27. Detroit-CB Aqib Talib
28. Pittsburgh-OT Jeff Otah
29. San Francisco--DE Quentin Groves
30. Green Bay-RB Steve Slaton
31. Dallas-WR Early Doucet
32. New England-FORFEIT

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
LOVE IT!!

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Question DB...I'm sick of seeing our DTs get absolutely no pass rush, ever. Which doesn't collapse the pocket and gives any QB the time and ability to step up as our DEs blow 5 yards behind him....

Would Frank Okam fit our system? If so, if we're picking anywhere near where we're projected to now I'd take him in a second.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Question DB...I'm sick of seeing our DTs get absolutely no pass rush, ever. Which doesn't collapse the pocket and gives any QB the time and ability to step up as our DEs blow 5 yards behind him....

Would Frank Okam fit our system? If so, if we're picking anywhere near where we're projected to now I'd take him in a second.

He doesnt fit our prototypical system bc he's a clogger not a penetrater. He's near 320 now (on a good day) so he's going to be a guy who takes up two blockers on the next level more likely. If we were to get a guy like Dorsey (yeah right) or Ellis (:pray:) next to McCargo we would be 100x better.

Bone
11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Does Malcolm Kelly have a much more upside than Duccett? sp?

DraftBoy
11-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Does Malcolm Kelly have a much more upside than Duccett? sp?

I think he does, Doucet is a pretty close to finished product, he's going to be a good pro and productive, but I think Kelly has game breaking ability. Devin may have a better opinion on Doucet though he's seen him more than I have, plus Doucet has been hurt most of this year.

Devin
11-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I think he does, Doucet is a pretty close to finished product, he's going to be a good pro and productive, but I think Kelly has game breaking ability. Devin may have a better opinion on Doucet though he's seen him more than I have, plus Doucet has been hurt most of this year.

Doucet has decent size (6-1, 208lbs), Solid speed (4.45-4.5) and in general ive always thought (bias aside) that hed make a great #2 WR compliment to Evans. He could use work on his route running, and catching. Thats not to say its bad, just needs some polish.

The problem with Doucet isnt ability, its that most people simply havent seen much from him. Burried behind a couple of future #1 guys he was always very steady and had great numbers as a #3, hence the excitement. Unfortunatley this season he was injured for about half of it but has made impacts in most every game hes played any amount of time in.

Ultimatley Doucet is one of those WR's whose really good at almost everything but not great at anything. They often call him Mr. Reliable here because he just seems to do so much pretty well. In the NFL Ive always thought of him as a top tier #2 guy borderline #1, Like TJ for the Bengals. Pretty much exactly what we need.

He gets a lot of comparisons to Hines Ward which aint bad company. Overall he isnt the best option but certainly not a bad one to have. My prediction is hes gone somewhere between 15-25. Of course we all know what the combine does to placement.

just my opinion anyway.

DraftBoy
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Doucet has decent size (6-1, 208lbs), Solid speed (4.45-4.5) and in general ive always thought (bias aside) that hed make a great #2 WR compliment to Evans. He could use work on his route running, and catching. Thats not to say its bad, just needs some polish.

The problem with Doucet isnt ability, its that most people simply havent seen much from him. Burried behind a couple of future #1 guys he was always very steady and had great numbers as a #3, hence the excitement. Unfortunatley this season he was injured for about half of it but has made impacts in most every game hes played any amount of time in.

Ultimatley Doucet is one of those WR's whose really good at almost everything but not great at anything. They often call him Mr. Reliable here because he just seems to do so much pretty well. In the NFL Ive always thought of him as a top tier #2 guy borderline #1, Like TJ for the Bengals.

He gets a lot of comparisons to Hines Ward which aint bad company. Overall he isnt the best option but certainly not a bad one to have.

just my opinion anyway.

As compared to Malcolm Kelly?

Devin
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
As compared to Malcolm Kelly?

Kelly is a bit bigger guy (6-4, like 215 or something like that). He maybe one of if not the best route runners in the draft, very fluid in his cuts and adjustments when the ball is in the air. He's a bit slower I think, correct me if im wrong but ive heard hes in the 4.5-4.55 range. Sort of a prototypical possesion guy.

Ive seen him called "the best pure WR in this years class" and thats saying something. Hes put up relativley similar stats, very steady but nothing that really blows you away.

Personally I view him similarily but hes got more of the tools I think you look for in a #1 guy. But for us he seems to be a fantastic fit alongside Evans. If I were ranking them id certainly have him above Doucet, but that said id be thrilled with either.