"He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough times!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

"He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough times!"

So a few weeks ago (before we started winning), I met my girlfriends' father (Steeler fan) for the first time. He's an imposing man at about 6'2", built like a truck, and used to be the Chief of Police for the town they live in. You know the type.

So I meet him, and the intro goes well.

The next day, I get the status report from my GF. She says that the report was positive, and that he did say one thing specifically.

"He's a Bills fan, so you know he'll stick with you through the tough times!"

haha

Anyone else get this line from someone?
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: "He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough times!"

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Re: "He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough times!"

I've been complimented several times throughout my life for being able to stick with this team for so long.

Comment

• clumping platelets

She's a keeper

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

She's definitely a cool girl. You guys look very happy together too Pride. What time's the party this Sunday!?

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I'm going to use that at my next job interview.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Yeah, she really is great... thanks for saying so.

Things are going well for us. She just purchased a single family home in Chambersburg, and last night we started cleaning up the place (paint, cleaning, etc). We move her in Saturday.

As for the party... There is alot to do this week... but assuming the painting gets finished today... the Bills party will be on. I'll shoot an email out tomorrow to confirm or deny it.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Sorry, can't make it

I'll be watchin' the debacle live

Comment

• Bufftp
                  Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                  She's definitely a cool girl. You guys look very happy together too Pride. What time's the party this Sunday!?
                  If she's the one I met at the home opener I agree! Good luck Pride!
                  Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                  "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                  Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                  - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                  to be led by permanent ideals -
                  that is what keeps a man patient
                  when the world ignores him,
                  and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Re: "He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough tim

Originally posted by Pride
                    Yeah, she really is great... thanks for saying so.

Things are going well for us. She just purchased a single family home in Chambersburg, and last night we started cleaning up the place (paint, cleaning, etc). We move her in Saturday.

As for the party... There is alot to do this week... but assuming the painting gets finished today... the Bills party will be on. I'll shoot an email out tomorrow to confirm or deny it.
                    Cool! If all else fails, ya'll are welcome to come over to our house and watch on the 50 incher. However I did invite a Pats fan over when I heard the time slot was changed. Haven't talked to him since though.

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

Re: "He's a Bills fan... at least you know he'll stick with you through the tough tim

Originally posted by Bufftp
                      If she's the one I met at the home opener I agree! Good luck Pride!
                      Who knows he brings a different one to watch the game every week.

Just kidding yeah that's her.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by BAM
                        However I did invite a Pats fan over when I heard the time slot was changed.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Classic!!

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            He's a cool guy though. Doesn't mouth off about them.

Pride also has a good friend who likes the Pats.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

Yeah I got something similar as well

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X