Let's look 2 years down the road. Bills QB related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Let's look 2 years down the road. Bills QB related.

Let's say if J.P.'s not the answer and Trent's not the answer,what QUALITY VETERAN QB do you want to take the snaps?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Let's look 2 years down the road. Bills QB related.

none. I'd rather groom a young guy, as long as our coaches arent the same ones...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89
      Let's say if J.P.'s not the answer and Trent's not the answer,what QUALITY VETERAN QB do you want to take the snaps?
      Keeping the owner out of this I'd be happy with Brees.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I don't even want to ponder this scenario. Marv better hope Trent is the future or else he's going to be under a lot of scrutiny as a good GM in this league for wasting a 3rd on him.

Comment

• blackonyx89
          HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
          • Mar 2005

Wouldn't you want to have a back-up quality QB just in case Trent falters? I want Trent to suceed but make sure you have a decent veteran backup,and when I say veteran I'm talking about a 3-4 year veteran with a good track record.
          Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

I think Trent very well may be our guy two years down the road.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

I'm worried about Sunday's game and the rest of this season. Two years is way too far ahead right now.

Jon

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

I've got a feeling that Chris Simms will be available in the near future, and I'm not entirely sure that his career isn't a good reclaimation project! Another possible pickup would be Charlie Frye, down the road.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Derek Anderson.

Cleveland blew it by giving up picks and big $$ for Brady Quinn.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                    Derek Anderson.

Cleveland blew it by giving up picks and big $$ for Brady Quinn.

I was saying this before the draft even came that drafting Quinn would be a mistake. Hopefully the Browns keep DA and trade Quinn away.

Thing is the Bills would probably have to enter into the DA RFA sweepstakes, as DA is likely to get the 1st and 3rd compensation tender. I don't know if any team will value him that much though.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

i don't want another "project"....so i hope Edwards will be our starting QB 2 years from now.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson might be available?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                          Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson might be available?
                          DA is in his RFA year. He'll likely be tendered at the highest tender rate. Forgot the salary numbers on it, but the compensation for someone not named the Browns to sign him is gonna be a 1st and 3rd round pick.

If someone does offer him a contract, Cleveland has to think about matching it. Which if they do, Quinn in all likelihood would be traded away. A team cannot afford to tie up a ton of money in one position on two different guys.

If Cleveland doesn't match an offer, if an offer is made, DA will go elsewhere at the expense of a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Of course some trade scenario might present itself before the draft to save a team of giving that much up to acquire DA.

At most DA and Quinn will both be Browns for one more season, due to salary cap implications.

Comment

• Slim
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            DA is in his RFA year. He'll likely be tendered at the highest tender rate. Forgot the salary numbers on it, but the compensation for someone not named the Browns to sign him is gonna be a 1st and 3rd round pick.

If someone does offer him a contract, Cleveland has to think about matching it. Which if they do, Quinn in all likelihood would be traded away. A team cannot afford to tie up a ton of money in one position on two different guys.

If Cleveland doesn't match an offer, if an offer is made, DA will go elsewhere at the expense of a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Of course some trade scenario might present itself before the draft to save a team of giving that much up to acquire DA.

At most DA and Quinn will both be Browns for one more season, due to salary cap implications.
                            Intresting. Im an irish fan (by birth) and a cal fan(my brother started for their rugby team) so if the losman/edwards doesnt work out, id love to see Quinn in Buffalo.

And the chances of Derek Anderson leaving Cle is a snowballs chance in hell.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by blackonyx89

none most qbs are groomed by the team that they become great on. the draft!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X