PDA

View Full Version : Let's look 2 years down the road. Bills QB related.

blackonyx89
11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Let's say if J.P.'s not the answer and Trent's not the answer,what QUALITY VETERAN QB do you want to take the snaps?

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
none. I'd rather groom a young guy, as long as our coaches arent the same ones...

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Let's say if J.P.'s not the answer and Trent's not the answer,what QUALITY VETERAN QB do you want to take the snaps?

Keeping the owner out of this I'd be happy with Brees.

Kerr
11-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't even want to ponder this scenario. Marv better hope Trent is the future or else he's going to be under a lot of scrutiny as a good GM in this league for wasting a 3rd on him.

blackonyx89
11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Wouldn't you want to have a back-up quality QB just in case Trent falters? I want Trent to suceed but make sure you have a decent veteran backup,and when I say veteran I'm talking about a 3-4 year veteran with a good track record.

Oaf
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I think Trent very well may be our guy two years down the road.

Mudflap1
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm worried about Sunday's game and the rest of this season. Two years is way too far ahead right now.

Jon

bflojohn
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I've got a feeling that Chris Simms will be available in the near future, and I'm not entirely sure that his career isn't a good reclaimation project! Another possible pickup would be Charlie Frye, down the road.

Night Train
11-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Derek Anderson.

Cleveland blew it by giving up picks and big $$ for Brady Quinn.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Derek Anderson.

Cleveland blew it by giving up picks and big $$ for Brady Quinn.

I was saying this before the draft even came that drafting Quinn would be a mistake. Hopefully the Browns keep DA and trade Quinn away.

Thing is the Bills would probably have to enter into the DA RFA sweepstakes, as DA is likely to get the 1st and 3rd compensation tender. I don't know if any team will value him that much though.

shelby
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
i don't want another "project"....so i hope Edwards will be our starting QB 2 years from now.

Slim
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson might be available?

Mr. Pink
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson might be available?

DA is in his RFA year. He'll likely be tendered at the highest tender rate. Forgot the salary numbers on it, but the compensation for someone not named the Browns to sign him is gonna be a 1st and 3rd round pick.

If someone does offer him a contract, Cleveland has to think about matching it. Which if they do, Quinn in all likelihood would be traded away. A team cannot afford to tie up a ton of money in one position on two different guys.

If Cleveland doesn't match an offer, if an offer is made, DA will go elsewhere at the expense of a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Of course some trade scenario might present itself before the draft to save a team of giving that much up to acquire DA.

At most DA and Quinn will both be Browns for one more season, due to salary cap implications.

Slim
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
DA is in his RFA year. He'll likely be tendered at the highest tender rate. Forgot the salary numbers on it, but the compensation for someone not named the Browns to sign him is gonna be a 1st and 3rd round pick.

If someone does offer him a contract, Cleveland has to think about matching it. Which if they do, Quinn in all likelihood would be traded away. A team cannot afford to tie up a ton of money in one position on two different guys.

If Cleveland doesn't match an offer, if an offer is made, DA will go elsewhere at the expense of a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Of course some trade scenario might present itself before the draft to save a team of giving that much up to acquire DA.

At most DA and Quinn will both be Browns for one more season, due to salary cap implications.

Intresting. Im an irish fan (by birth) and a cal fan(my brother started for their rugby team) so if the losman/edwards doesnt work out, id love to see Quinn in Buffalo.

And the chances of Derek Anderson leaving Cle is a snowballs chance in hell.

djjimkelly
11-13-2007, 06:43 PM

none most qbs are groomed by the team that they become great on. the draft!!!!!!!

djjimkelly
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
i also do hope JP will be the starter

Johnny Bugmenot
11-13-2007, 06:53 PM
none most qbs are groomed by the team that they become great on. the draft!!!!!!!

What about Brett Favre?

Mr. Pink
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Some good QBs in the league not drafted by their current team....trying to keep with teams in the playoff race - outside of St Louis.

Derek Anderson, Brett Favre, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna, Damon Huard, Steve McNair - who yes, has been horrid this year, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner. Tony Romo wasn't drafted by anyone. Drew Brees

And if you want to be technical, Rivers and Eli Manning weren't drafted by their current teams.

Among division leaders....3 of the 8 drafted their QBs. Roethlisberger, Brady and Peyton. And if the season ended today, NONE of the NFC teams that would be in the playoffs, drafted their QB.

So how is that most?

RockStar36
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
If JP isn't the starter after this year TE will be the guy for at least two years which is fine by me. Give JP the rest of the season as it was supposed to be.

As for a quality backup QB, it depends on who is available. I'm not going to blindly throw names out that won't be around.

And I wouldn't take a chance on Derek Anderson.

djjimkelly
11-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Some good QBs in the league not drafted by their current team....trying to keep with teams in the playoff race - outside of St Louis.

Derek Anderson, Brett Favre, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna, Damon Huard, Steve McNair - who yes, has been horrid this year, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner. Tony Romo wasn't drafted by anyone. Drew Brees

And if you want to be technical, Rivers and Eli Manning weren't drafted by their current teams.

Among division leaders....3 of the 8 drafted their QBs. Roethlisberger, Brady and Peyton. And if the season ended today, NONE of the NFC teams that would be in the playoffs, drafted their QB.

So how is that most?

huard is no longer the qb in KC as of today. so has mcnair been benched for boller! brain greise is not in a playoff race im sorry also just watch he lost his job too injury or not he wont see field the rest of the year. the rivers and manning thing yeah lets be techinical thats their original team. romo original team. and by the way NFC is junk maybe u hit the nail on the head why they are the weak sister now. and kurt warner is a backup who is in based on injury.

patmoran2006
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
i don't want another "project"....so i hope Edwards will be our starting QB 2 years from now.
Hun he may be playing 2 QUARTERS from now.

patmoran2006
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
BTW Fun.

AInt now way Clev isnt keeping Anderson, and Im sure they keep Quinn for at least one more year.

The Bills already have a nice QB in the making.. THey need other things a hell of a lot more.

The Jokeman
11-13-2007, 10:28 PM
David Garrard, his contract with Jacksonville expires after 2008. Of course I was calling for us to draft him back in 2002 but all things considered he might just be a career backup.. I'd also look at Donovan McNabb who might not be in Philly too much longer but doubt would see us spend the money to land him.

Elminster
11-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Ask again later. Seriously, it's a murky mess right now.