PDA

View Full Version : TMQB: Stat of the Week No. 6:

Pride
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Stat of the Week No. 6: In its past three games, Buffalo has outscored opponents 38-0 in the fourth quarter.

raphael120
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Interesting. That says alot about our pass D stepping up when we're ahead in the 4th.

BillsFever21
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I wonder who was the QB at the helm for them games? JP finishes the game in the 4th and Trent throws INT.

Our team has scored 38 points in the last 3 games in the 4th quarter. Trent Edwards has thrown for 77 YARDS in the 4th quarter in 5 GAMES. That is just horrible.

Bufftp
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I wonder who was the QB at the helm for them games? JP finishes the game in the 4th and Trent throws INT.

Our team has scored 38 points in the last 3 games in the 4th quarter. Trent Edwards has thrown for 77 YARDS in the 4th quarter in 5 GAMES. That is just horrible.
Yes, but you must remember that Trent has poise. Though I liken it to a "calm panic" for quick dumpoffs. Trent may not score in the 4th quarter (or 1st, 2cnd and 3rd) but he has "Pocket Presence."

BAM
11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
but.. but... but.....

BillsFever21
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes, but you must remember that Trent has poise. Though I liken it to a "calm panic" for quick dumpoffs. Trent may not score in the 4th quarter (or 1st, 2cnd and 3rd) but he has "Pocket Presence."

His "poise" is the best I've ever seen(until he saw a pass rush against the Jets) The "poise" and accuracy he shows on them 5 yard dumpoffs are incredible. I have never seen anything like it before. We truly have a HOF on our hands. There are only a handful of QB's I have ever seen in my life that can do the things he does and possess the kind of "poise" he has.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2007, 02:32 PM
His "poise" is the best I've ever seen(until he saw a pass rush against the Jets) The "poise" and accuracy he shows on them 5 yard dumpoffs are incredible. I have never seen anything like it before. We truly have a HOF on our hands. There are only a handful of QB's I have ever seen in my life that can do the things he does and possess the kind of "poise" he has.

He's a rookie. What are you looking for?

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
He's a rookie. What are you looking for?
Some people make him out to be like Dan Marino in his rookie season.

Oaf
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
And some make him out as Ryan Lief. Both are meaningless comparisons right now.

justasportsfan
11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
And some make him out as Ryan Lief. Both are meaningless comparisons right now.
not me. I only compared him to Rob Johnson. :couch:

Johnny Bugmenot
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM

Ahem. Perhaps you are forgetting something.

Jets.
Dolphins.
Bengals.

Between them, their record is 4-23.

evol4276
11-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Ahem. Perhaps you are forgetting something.

Jets.
Dolphins.
Bengals.

Between them, their record is 4-23.

and if we didnt beat them theyd be 8-19. not better but i mean wth why bring this up to put the team down? we won games we were both supposed to and not supposed to win. we do have a helping hand in their records. just lke how we have a hand in certain teams' defensive stats (since the teams we've played with a good d only have good stats because only our game counted so far in the season). the nfl is full of professionals and it's hard enough to get a win. just be glad we're over .500 for the first time in a looooong time, even if we didnt beat the patriots 5 freakin times. no team is the same, but no team is an automatic win. just shush lol

YardRat
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Nice to see the defense pitching a shut-out when it counts.

shelby
11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Everything doesn't have to be about bashing JP or TE. Yes, the three teams in question are sub-par. But this is still something to be pleased about. We are on a winning streak and are, at this point in time, playoff contenders. Our defense has been playing well and ensuring that we win games despite our lackluster offense.

i don't understand why some people feel the need to downplay anything positive about this team, or turn any positive thread into a negative one.

BAM
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice to see the defense pitching a shut-out when it counts.

Very nice!

chernobylwraiths
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I bet they will allow 0 points in the 4th this week as well. Of course, they will probably be down 42 - 0 by then... :D

Philagape
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I wonder who was the QB at the helm for them games?

I can see why you wonder considering how much JP had to do with those scores.

-- On the Jets TD, he used the Force to make the two Jets DBs run into each other so Evans could turn the interception into a score.

-- On Lynch's big TD against the Bungles, he single-handedly took out the two Cincy defenders who caught Lynch in the backfield.

-- On Lynch's TD pass, he did an excellent job of handing off on every single play of that drive. Best handoffs I've ever seen.

Yup, JP deserves the credit.

shelby
11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Seriously, guys, i grow weary of the constant arguing.

Y'all keep saying the same thing over and over and over in thread after thread after thread.

Give it a rest....:deadhorse:

Philagape
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I didn't start it :couch:

Crisis
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Can anyone show me a link where a credible fan (aka NOT "THE ANSWER") that wants Edwards to start compares him to Marino/Montana/any other great QB? Most people who like Edwards has said he played like a rookie, the only ones comparing him to greats are the Losman lickers to try and prove a point.

Our argument is that we've had no drop off from a veteran at Qb to a rookie.

shelby
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
That is understood, crisis. And very few posters here have made the comparison that the Answer did.

My point is, the same things are being said over and over and over and over.
i feel like i'm being beaten over the head with people's opinions, and it gets old.

Nothing personal was intended by my post, it was a generalzation.

Inetpub
11-13-2007, 11:08 PM
not me. I only compared him to Rob Johnson. :couch:

Oddly enough, most people here tend to compare JP to RJ. I dont know what part of Trents game you compare with RJs.

Mr. Cynical
11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Oddly enough, most people here tend to compare JP to RJ. I dont know what part of Trents game you compare with RJs.

There is no comparison to RJ. That's how blinded w/ hate some people are.