X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Weather!

So I was just hitting up some Pats boards to get their feel on the game and a few brought up the weather.

Most agreed that the cold and snow won’t effect the Pats and I’d have to agree.

But most seemed concerned about high winds.

And then it hit me. That stadium is just about always windy. Especially at night in November. I’m not just talking balmy breezes. Most of you guys have been there, I’m talking about ridiculous gusts!

So what happens if the wind gusts really get going on Sunday night? Sure it’ll also effect us, but at least we’ll have had some practice in that stadium. Plus the crowd noise and with NE being a team that relies on the passing game and the long ball.

Is it possible that the wind gusts could be a great equalizer in this matchup?

I’m just spit balling here, but it’s fun.
    Resign our own guys!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Weather!

Depends entirely on Lynch, IMO.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

the 12th man should all fart at the same time.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        the 12th man should all fart at the same time.
        I guess that's the back-up plan, lol.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          Plus the crowd noise and with NE being a team that relies on the passing game and the long ball.
          The Patriots are the 7th rushing offense in the NFL, rushing for 132.3 yards per game. The Bills are 17th, at 104.6 yard per game.

That said, I understand what you are saying. If there are high winds that will make passing difficult and makes points harder to come by. Thus, it will be a lower-scoring game. However, I don't see it as a benefit for the Bills, as the Pats are better at running and stopping the run than the Bills.

However, some winds aren't going to stop the passing game. Brady has a strong arm and does a good job at powering the ball through the wind. Gilette stadium is a windy stadium.

It would have to be high winds to impact the passing game.

Heavy rains would also be bad. Snow is usually OK, it actually can help the passing game, but heavy rains make it tough to do anything.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

NE those stats for NE are scewed. You guys have had a significant lead in almost all your games so of course teams arent going to run all that much after going down so much. And of course when up big your going to rush more.

Comment

• Sep 2006

being forcrd by cbs to watch the pats evry week i can tell you that 90% of tom brady completions are short to midrange passes,the long balls only show up on espn

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                The Patriots are the 7th rushing offense in the NFL, rushing for 132.3 yards per game. The Bills are 17th, at 104.6 yard per game.

That said, I understand what you are saying. If there are high winds that will make passing difficult and makes points harder to come by. Thus, it will be a lower-scoring game. However, I don't see it as a benefit for the Bills, as the Pats are better at running and stopping the run than the Bills.

However, some winds aren't going to stop the passing game. Brady has a strong arm and does a good job at powering the ball through the wind. Gilette stadium is a windy stadium.

Passing the ball is Tom & crews trade-mark. If high winds take that away and the noise keeps messing up snap counts it will spell trouble for the pats. Another factor as well is the Bills have done a great job against the run lately. I plan on this being a battle of our crowd noise & determination versus Tom & crews talent. It probably going to come down to adjustments and coaching which puts us in a bind, that's unless Fairchild takes COq10 and has a flash a brilliance. He gets those once in a while and who knows.

Count on one thing, NE will never forget coming to Buffalo after this sunday.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Heavy rains would also be bad. Snow is usually OK, it actually can help the passing game, but heavy rains make it tough to do anything.
                  Yes, and I never said that it would give the bills an advantage. Just work as an equalizer of sorts.

the wind, The rain, the crazy fans. It could make the game closer then it should be.

Plus, I've always said that the 3 road division games are some of the toughest on any team's schedule. Those are never easy games.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                    NE those stats for NE are scewed. You guys have had a significant lead in almost all your games so of course teams arent going to run all that much after going down so much. And of course when up big your going to rush more.
                    The Pats are better at running the ball than you think. They have a size advantage on the Bills up front, and one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL. If they have to pound it they are capable, moreso than the Bills as the Pats defensive front is big and hard to move off the ball. Most of the time the Pats are in spread sets and don't try to pound the ball, but they have the personnel and are capable of doing it when they need to.

In the first game between these teams, the Pats ran the ball well all game. The had 21 carries for 105 yards (5.1 ypc) in the first half in that game, while Brady was 11-for14 for 120 yards in the first half.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

The Pats are better at running the ball than you think. They have a size advantage on the Bills up front, and one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL. If they have to pound it they are capable, moreso than the Bills as the Pats defensive front is big and hard to move off the ball. Most of the time the Pats are in spread sets and don't try to pound the ball, but they have the personnel and are capable of doing it when they need to.

In the first game between these teams, the Pats ran the ball well all game. The had 21 carries for 105 yards (5.1 ypc) in the first half in that game, while Brady was 11-for14 for 120 yards in the first half.
                      Nice weather, all quiet in the stadium yeah they did great. In Buffalo now, add in all the noise you have ever heard in a drunken firestorm of fan lust and lousy weather conditions, it's even at best.

You also have to realize that the pats had 5 days off recently and we just played a game, so I do not know how that throws you guys off. Who knows maybe it's just what you needed.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Thats when the Bills D couldnt stop a pop warner kid. Lately the Defense has been able to stop the run much better. I guarantee NE will have a very tough time in Buffalo this week

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

So far Sunday looks like low 30's with 20% of precipitation
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            Yes, and I never said that it would give the bills an advantage. Just work as an equalizer of sorts.

the wind, The rain, the crazy fans. It could make the game closer then it should be.
                            It is true that it would make points harder to come by, but I don't know that it gives the Bills a better shot.

The Pats are a much bigger team than the Bills up front, so if they have to slug it out they will win. Just because they spread out teams a lot on offense doesn't mean they are finesse. The Pats love to get into streetfights, it plays to their strengths.

The Bills biggest advantage on the Pats is speed. Their quickness on defense is a tough matchup for the Pats. I would think you would want good weather.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by 55
                              being forcrd by cbs to watch the pats evry week i can tell you that 90% of tom brady completions are short to midrange passes,the long balls only show up on espn
                              His long throws haven't been accurate even without the wind. So 90% HAVE to be short to mid.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X