PDA

View Full Version : What the Boston media has to say....

shelby
11-14-2007, 05:52 AM
At 5-4, the Bills have been a tough out for virtually everyone on their schedule - with the glaring exception of the Patriots - and they’re only one game off the playoff hunt. Their fans should be sky high when the Patriots come to town Sunday night for a nationally televised game, and the Pats aren’t taking them lightly.
“We know what they’re capable of,” said tight end Kyle Brady. “There’s no one in this locker room that doesn’t have respect for what they can do. People are better off at this level not paying attention to records. Every team has enough talent to beat you, and the Bills have definitely proven that.”
Among the Bills’ four losses are two games in which they led until the final play. The Broncos prevailed on a buzzer-beating field goal in the opener, while the Cowboys rallied from nine points down in the final 20 seconds on the first Monday night game at Buffalo in 13 years.
“They’ve won four straight and have lost two games on the last kick, the last play of the game,” said Patriots coach Bill Belichick (http://www.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true&keyword=Bill+Belichick&mode=score&sorting=pubdate). “So they could very easily be sitting there at 7-2. They’re playing much better than when we saw them earlier in the year.”
The Patriots won that game 38-7, though it should be noted that starting quarterback J.P. Losman was knocked out on the first series by a Vince Wilfork (http://news.bostonherald.com/search/?keyword=Vince+Wilfork&searchSite=recent) late hit that drew a $12,500 fine.
The Bills led 7-3 after one quarter before the Patriots turned on the afterburners. Since then, the Bills have taken Dallas to the wire, while beating the Ravens, Bengals, Dolphins and Jets.
Making matters more impressive, they’ve done it after enduring a string of horrific injuries, none worse than tight end Kevin Everett nearly being paralyzed while covering a kick in the opener.
The Bills have been particularly decimated on defense, losing safety Ko Simpson, corner Jason Webster and linebacker Paul Posluszny to season-ending injuries. But they’ve persevered with a number of fill-ins and own the league’s ninth-ranked scoring defense at 18.4 points a game.
“It’s a testament to the character of that team,” Brady said. “I’ve played on a number of teams that started off struggling and a lot of players took the attitude of getting ready for the offseason or talking about their next contract or getting distracted. Obviously the Bills haven’t done that.”

read more... (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1044596)

LtFinFan66
11-14-2007, 05:59 AM
:rolleyes:a string of horrific injuries??

I can buy "A string of injuries including the horrific injury to Everett" but not a string of horrific injuries

shelby
11-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Give me a break, Lt, we have 10 (or is it 11?) players out on IR...that's pretty horrific.

LtFinFan66
11-14-2007, 06:11 AM
But they weren't horrific injuries. Perhaps: "A horrific string of injuries" :idunno:

mybills
11-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Poz's arm bone hanging out was pretty horrific!

I'm surprised they put that pic of Brady getting sacked on that page with the article! :chuckle:

LtFinFan66
11-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Guess I missed the hanging out arm bone

DMBcrew36
11-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Why does the article mention that Jauron is a Red Sox fan. Who cares?

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't think Poz's break was compound... Nor Simpson's. But they sure were evident on the field!

mybills
11-14-2007, 06:28 AM
That's the only way you can make headlines in that paper, DMB! :D