PDA

View Full Version : Bottom line on the QB debate...

HHURRICANE
11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Since, as usual, people make emotional instead of rational commentary around here I'd like to put it all in perspectice with facts and move on:

1) JP is a 4 year verteran, and Trent is a 3rd round rookie.

2) There would not be a QB debate if JP had played better. He has been benched more than once because of his play and that is never good.

3) It's ridiculous to compare JP to Trent because, again, Trent is a first year player with 3 games under his belt and JP has almost 10X the playing experience.

4) The fact that Trent has played well enough to create a debate is a good thing.

5) The fact that JP hasn't played well enough creating the debate is a bad thing.

6) Nobody can blame Jauron for starting JP. If we had lost against Miami I'm not sure who would be starting but a win is a win and momentum is on your side and in the locker room.

If facts make someone a JP Hater than this board is in trouble. I hope JP wins this Sunday or at least plays well enough to allow us to have a chance at winning.

I have seen enough of both QBs to recognize where this is all going so trying to argue it is pointless. It will all play out on it's own. The fact that the Bills have not changed the depth chart says it all. And yes they are diligent about making changes so leave that excuse off this board.

djjimkelly
11-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Since, as usual, people make emotional instead of rational commentary around here I'd like to put it all in perspectice with facts and move on:

2) There would not be a QB debate if JP had played better. He has been benched more than once because of his play and that is never good.

3) It's ridiculous to compare JP to Trent because, again, Trent is a first year player with 3 games under his belt and JP has almost 10X the playing experience.

4) The fact that Trent has played well enough to create a debate is a good thing.

5) The fact that JP hasn't played well enough creating the debate is a bad thing.

6) Nobody can blame Jauron for starting JP. If we had lost against Miami I'm not sure who would be starting but a win is a win and momentum is on your side and in the locker room.

If facts make someone a JP Hater than this board is in trouble. I hope JP wins this Sunday or at least plays well enough to allow us to have a chance at winning.

I have seen enough of both QBs to recognize where this is all going so trying to argue it is pointless. It will all play out on it's own. The fact that the Bills have not changed the depth chart says it all. And yes they are diligent about making changes so leave that excuse off this board.

listen no matter what anyone says about JP right now

7-9 last year plus 0-2 to start this year should have won week 1. 2-0 in starts ill also add in jets as 1-0.

hes a 500 qb on a team that is missing several key pieces call JP what u want but hes not bad hes shown marked improvement. i dont know why people arent willing to let **** play out so we can watch the next step.

the next step will be a HUGE 2008 record wise. the schedule will be good to us next year

REMEMBER THIS IS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!

shelby
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Since, as usual, people make emotional instead of rational commentary around here I'd like to put it all in perspectice with facts and move on: (do you promise to move on???!??!)

1) JP is a 4 year verteran, and Trent is a 3rd round rookie. Indeed, we know.

2) There would not be a QB debate if JP had played better. He has been benched more than once because of his play and that is never good. Agreed.

3) It's ridiculous to compare JP to Trent because, again, Trent is a first year player with 3 games under his belt and JP has almost 10X the playing experience. Agreed.

4) The fact that Trent has played well enough to create a debate is a good thing. Unless you're a BillsZone moderator, yes.

5) The fact that JP hasn't played well enough creating the debate is a bad thing. Obviously.

6) Nobody can blame Jauron for starting JP. If we had lost against Miami I'm not sure who would be starting but a win is a win and momentum is on your side and in the locker room. Yes.

Good post. i'm tired of reading the same crap over and over.
This has been argued ad nauseum already.
The bottom line is, JP will start on Sunday, and we'll see where things go after that.
:gobills:

HHURRICANE
11-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Good post. i'm tired of reading the same crap over and over.
This has been argued ad nauseum already.
The bottom line is, JP will start on Sunday, and we'll see where things go after that.
:gobills:

JP is the starter for this game and I support Jauron's decision. Who I think gives us the best chance to win this game is now irrelevant so I will obviously be rooting for JP to play well.

For your sake I hope he plays great because the debate will be raging next Monday.

shelby
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
i believe that, after this weekend, TE will be our starter once again.

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Why throw Edwards in the fire like that? He's still just a rookie.

Let JP play out the season then make the switch if the coaching staff feels compelled to do so. But a midseason change like that short changes JP once again and prolongs Edwards' development. Makes no sense at all other than a purely PR move. Marv should be smarter than that.

Typ0
11-14-2007, 10:01 AM

it's the two faced hippocrites that really get me the most. You know, the ones that say or said "he's basically a rookie" "he needs to keep starting" "give him time" over and over for four years. They want to just keep waiting and won't give another guy the same opportunities...this other guy is horrible after only a start or two because he didnt' throw a 70 yard pass up for grabs. This is what makes me really wonder where peoples brains are at in terms of emotion.

but I agree...let's hope we win this week.

shelby
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Why throw Edwards in the fire like that? He's still just a rookie.

Let JP play out the season then make the switch if the coaching staff feels compelled to do so. But a midseason change like that short changes JP once again and prolongs Edwards' development. Makes no sense at all other than a purely PR move. Marv should be smarter than that.
i understand what you're saying. My logic goes like this...Jauron had already declared Edwards the starting QB of the season prior to his injury. Even though JP has started the past 3 games, Jauron is still making his QB decision on a weekly basis, i'm assuming because Edwards isn't 100% yet. He has not said that Losman is the outright starting QB. This leads me to believe that Jauron wants Edwards in that role once he's healthy.

i could be wrong. It happens quite a bit.;)

acehole
11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
This debate is over. Coaches disagree with you. Move on.

Ti

Michael82
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
The fact that the Bills have not changed the depth chart says it all. And yes they are diligent about making changes so leave that excuse off this board.

That's not true at all. It's happened many other times. Whomever runs that site is an idiot. They don't know what they are doing and never update all the players that much. Hell, look who's at FS. George Wilson is still at SS. Jim Leonhard is starting at FS on there. Oh, plus Ashton Youboty is starting at Right CB on there. :doh:

acehole
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
it's the two faced hippocrites that really get me the most. You know, the ones that say or said "he's basically a rookie" "he needs to keep starting" "give him time" over and over for four years. They want to just keep waiting and won't give another guy the same opportunities...this other guy is horrible after only a start or two because he didnt' throw a 70 yard pass up for grabs. This is what makes me really wonder where peoples brains are at in terms of emotion.

but I agree...let's hope we win this week.

Jp has won every game after he came in for a weak and flailing Trend Edwards.
There is no need for excuses. The offence had a rough 2 first games no doubt.
There were plenty of offenses around the league that also started off sluggish.
If you want to put the entire blame on JP for those 2 losses go right ahead..I
suppose it goes with the territory..but now JP has some "W's" and somehow
those arent his fault? Which is it? JP finished last year very strong...the bills
came out flat the first two games and the offensive line seemed to gel during
the Cinci game. JP was not on his game at Miami...there were plenty of dropped
catchable balls also. The Deffense on the first drive could not stop the run or
the pass and made Cleo Lemon look like dan Morino...however JP made enough
plays to win getting lynch to the 10 yard line from a nice pass to M Gains. Bills
win 13 -10. Theses pionts Hurrican keep making have been Argued to death and
all counter pionted allready. JP was injured one year that really makes 3. This
is his year to prove himself...and all you people want to do is pull him before
he can finish out the year. He is winning folks. Bill Parcells said after the third
year you know if a player got it...well stay tuned. Trend Edwards will not be put
back until we are out of the playoff picture...then you may all get your wish.
Just keep your reciepts for all tomohawks you are throwing at JP...you can return
them for boomerangs. Hypocrites are on the other side of this debate. When you
looked at the stat sheet you saw one 3 yard TD and 5 int's and all you said was
stats smats...he(Trend Edwards) is a winner...when you looked at his third down conversion rate all you said was stats smats he is winning. Now that JP has some
wins you bring up JP's stats...who is the hypocrite again? You people have moved
into the mental ill catagory if you think Trend gives up a better chance at NE.
What is going to do? Get the deffense tired from running back all the int's? Get
us close enough 6 times for 6 FG's? HE has ONE TD pass in his career from the
5 YARD LINE PEOPLE. Typo and Hurrican it is a good thing you guys do not run
NFL teams. The coaches seem to disagree as well..so try and enjoy the game....

Philagape
11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Jp has won every game after he came in for a weak and flailing Trend Edwards...but now JP has some "W's" ... He is winning folks.

I thought you said W's aren't a QB factor

acehole
11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I thought you said W's aren't a QB factor

Where did I say that?

mybills
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Fact 1. Hamdan was the backup for Cincy. Trent was 3rd, supposedly because he was still injured.
Fact 2. Trent was healthy enough to be back up for the Miami game, and Hamdan fell to 3rd.
Fact 3. JP is starting again for the NE game, Trent is still the backup, and Hamdan is still 3rd.

Philagape
11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Where did I say that?

Putting wins and losses on qb's is dumb

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=139520&page=3

Philagape
11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Get us close enough 6 times for 6 FG's?

So you're saying Trent would get us more points vs. Pats than JP did vs. Fins?

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
cool, another qb debate thread.

SquishDaFish
11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Im sick of these threads bla bla bla

HHURRICANE
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Im sick of these threads bla bla bla

Yeah, because you can't dispute one thing I posted in it.

SquishDaFish
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Already have in other threads

Bufftp
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, because you can't dispute one thing I posted in it.
You are part of the Trent Myth machine.
Yup, 3 and out on the last 4 drives of the Baltimore game.

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
anything you've stated in your original post has been discussed already over and over hurricane.

BillsFever21
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
You are part of the Trent Myth machine.
Yup, 3 out and the last 4 drives of the Baltimore game.

This is just his normal 4th quarter production. He has choked when the pressure is on. He has passed for 77 yards with 3 INT's in the 4th quarter. In 4 games playing in the 4th quarter this is an ugly sight.

deepslant
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
JP will remain the 2nd string qb on our depth chart until:
1) He beats a team with a winning record
2) Beats a team with a top 16 defense
3) Beats Tom Brady
4) Apologizes for showing the pictures to Ralphs wife

JP's inconsistency is what keeps him saddled to #2.

With no Lynch Beast this week it's the JP and Lee show so he needs to show us he belongs as the #1. Long balls, 3 n out, are not going to get it done, he needs to show another aspect of his game - ball control.

JP has the ability, does he have the intangibles to pull it off. Hope so!

acehole
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=139520&page=3

Those are different statements.