PDA

View Full Version : Passing options for JP

Kerr
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Pat brought up the stats that indicate how JP has luckluster games when defenses take away Lee Evans as an option. It's almost apparent that this is going to be NE's gameplan. This is why it's going to be crucial for Fairchild to make Marshawn a focus of the gameplan, not just running the ball, but also as a receiving threat. Make NE have to focus not only on Lee, but also Marshawn. Fairchild can make it easy for Belichek or actually make it a task for him. This is what annoys me about Fairchild. Having spent all that time with the Rams knowing their offense revolved around Marshall Faulk, he hasn't realized that he needs to make this offense revolve around Marshawn the same way. Damnit Fairchild. :crap:

Elminster
11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
It's the glaring weakness of our offense: it's a one-trick pony. Take out Lee, and all our passing game has left is fairly innocuous underneath stuff to Reed and Parrish. As long you cover them up so they don't get much if anything after the catch, you have nothing to fear most of the time. That speaks both for our lack of a legitimate receiving threat outside Lee and not involving Lynch in our passing game more.

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I was bashed for saying the loss of Price would hurt us. I miss him. He wasn't much but I was worried when Parrish got hurt.

We were left with Evans , Reed and our TE's. When the D double teams Evans , there isn't much left. OUr qb's hardly have weapons plus they have an even bigger obstacle named Fairchild.

Fairchild can't even call qb draws and what nots.

Elminster
11-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I was bashed for saying the loss of Price would hurt us. I miss him. He wasn't much but I was worried when Parrish got hurt.

We were left with Evans , Reed and our TE's. When the D double teams Evans , there isn't much left. OUr qb's hardly have weapons plus they have an even bigger obstacle named Fairchild.

Fairchild can't even call qb draws and what nots.
Or roll-outs. Well, he can when Edwards is in, which seems counter-intuitive because Edwards is more of a pocket guy than some one who looks good on the move. Of course, counter-intuitive seems to define a lot of our offensive schemes.

Kerr
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
It matters not this week. Seems like Lynch is out. What the ****!