PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Faine interview on a draft site

BuffaloRanger
03-29-2003, 10:29 AM
TT is a good center, but just a transistion center, not the long term answer. Faine would be an improvement, and could back-up OG where Pucillo is the only depth, until he's ready to start.

This is from Boomer's draft.

"There isn't a better feeling than knowing they know you can run the football down their throats whenever you want."

~ There's your smashmouth football for you!

He also had good things to say about Troy Polamalu, the safety from USC. Plus he's a big Metallica fan, which is critical for any good Center.

Faine Interview (http://www.boomersdraft.com/2003/thehuddle-faine.html)

ArcticWildMan
03-29-2003, 10:37 AM
This guy rocks..literally....The one I love right now is the newest one by AudioSlave. Another one would be any Metallica album. The third would be something a little lighter, maybe Incubus or Red Hot Chile Peppers. :punk:

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 12:54 PM
he looks nasty mean..

The Spaz
03-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Well I sure don't see Teague moving back to a OT position so I see him at center for a while. If we were to draft a offensive linemen I would want it to be Montrae Holland G from Florida State 6-2 330lbs. Once he latches on to a guy it's all over!:) Go Bills!

SoCalBillsFan
03-29-2003, 06:17 PM
I think this would be a great Rd 2 pick. Provides needed OL depth and a long term starter at C

kgun12
03-29-2003, 08:37 PM
First he won't last til the second round. Second there is nothing anywhere that I can find where the Bills (not fans) organization from TD to the janitor are UNHAPPY with Teague. I don't know why everyone thinks all the sacks were anything more than because of the amount of times we threw the ball!

612 attempts 54 sacks

612~54=11.3 That's 1 sack for every 11.3 times Drew dropped back. I think that is pretty good numbers. I would bet that is better than the NFL average, I will check some other team sites.

I know the Bills don't like Drew getting hit that much, but that is way we let JR, Centers, and Price go. JR and Centers were horrible blockers, and all three don't figure into the Bills more balanced attack. Hence bring in S. Gash for and interview (blocking).

This O-line is going to be VERY GOOD this year, although pretty hard to argue with 2 1000's WR's 1400+ RB and 4000+ passing yards. Don't F#@k with this unit!

SoCalBillsFan
03-29-2003, 09:05 PM
whoa, deep breath K-Gun.

Hey everyone,guess what? we are at the point now where almost all of our starters are set. Are we supposed to just not draft anyone because the people who play there are performing adequately? It never hurts to have good players!

Teague's contract is up after the year kgun. It would not be a bad idea to draft a C like faine who could develop into being better than teague and he could start next year. The great thing about it is he wouldn't start this year, so he won't replace teague.

The NFL is a revolving door, it doesn't hur to use draft picks in order to keep talented players in positions without overpaying for players. If faine is there in the second round, it'd be a good pick.

venis2k1
03-29-2003, 09:44 PM
NO way Faine will be there in the second round, unless we trade up. I would still like to take this guy in the first. As a rookie he would be an instant upgrade over TT. Not to mention he would be a franchise Center. Something we havent had for a long time.

kgun12
03-29-2003, 10:04 PM
BTW I did some checking and that sacked every 11.3 attempts isn't good! However with other year under their belts this line Will be better. The area we need to look at is G Brown is getting up there and if there is a long term injury we don't have a solid backup

Hey SolCal just checked Teague signed a 4 year deal last year.

SoCalBillsFan
03-30-2003, 02:58 AM
ah, my bad on the FA thing then. Point taken! Still like faine though because he can be better than Teague

by the way, once again, it's SOCAL, not SOLCAL...;)

SABURZFAN
03-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
NO way Faine will be there in the second round, unless we trade up. I would still like to take this guy in the first. As a rookie he would be an instant upgrade over TT. Not to mention he would be a franchise Center. Something we havent had for a long time.

you got that right.i picked him in Eb's thread.

hintexas
03-30-2003, 08:30 PM
I would like to see Faine in a Bills uniform. But I think we need to take a DE in the first round and the Raiders will take a Center in the first round with one of their 2 picks. The only way would could get him is if we would trade down with the raiders for both of their 2 first round picks.

Akhippo
03-31-2003, 07:13 PM
Wouldnt that be amazing having two first round picks. Unlikely but still amazing. If the Raiders were that set in picking Faine, all TD would have to do is throw his name out there a couple of times a a possible pick and make the Raiders nervous. Again unlikely, but intriguing.

BuffaloRanger
04-01-2003, 12:49 AM
1. Just because you have stars at QB, RB, and WR doesn't mean the O-line is great.

2. TT is a decent Center, no more.

3. There is no guarantee that any O-line will improve just because they played together the previous year.

4. The new O-line coach should help them improve.

5. Faine could back-up Center or OG in his first year. Odds are one of the 3 players in those positions will miss some time.

That said, the Bills should pick the best player available, whether it's DE, CB, LB (Boss -though unlikely) or OL.

venis2k1
04-01-2003, 01:12 AM
I could live with us picking DL, but would rather see us take OL. We wont take Boss Bailey because he would never win the starting job over Spikes, would be a "wasted" pick. And if we signed a CB in the first this year it would be like saying we arn't gonna resign Winfeild next year(I love AW).