PDA

View Full Version : We're screwed without Lynch

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, it's the Pats- we were screwed anyway.

But it just went from bad to miserable.

Lynch IS our offense. I like Wright but he doesn't even compare. Over the last few games, it's amazing how drastic the difference in our offense is when Lynch is playing compared to when he's resting on the bench.

With him out, the Pats will be able to play off the LOS and make the job that much more difficult for Losman, who's been struggling as it is. We won't be able to control the ball or keep it out of Brady's hands. Just keeping them under 40 will be an accomplishment.

My prediction. Pats 42, Bills 10, with our only TD coming on ST :ill:

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not worried

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
We had no shot against the Cowboys that Monday night either.

We had no shot last year against the Colts.

We were going to be killed by Carson Palmer and his offensive machine.

That Baltimore game? We were supposed to get shut out.

Some of us look at the glass half full. Others pull down their pants and jump off the bridge.

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
We we're doomed anyways, right OP?? We now sit at 5-4, so are we still doomed or not??

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
We had no shot against the Cowboys that Monday night either.

We had no shot last year against the Colts.

We were going to be killed by Carson Palmer and his offensive machine.

That Baltimore game? We were supposed to get shut out.

Some of us look at the glass half full. Others pull down their pants and jump off the bridge.

We LOST to the Cowboys on Monday night.

We LOST to the Colts last year.

So, if we're lucky, maybe we can almost win against the Pats.

Only Bills fans who have accepted mediocrity would use "almost victories" as positive examples.

dannyek71
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
then dont even bother to watch the game

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
then dont even bother to watch the game

Sorry, I don't have to fool myself into thinking that the Bills have a chance to watch the game. I can accept reality and watch it anyway.

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I think Wright can fall forward with 3 defenders on his back as well.

justasportsfan
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
sky fell a long time ago- it's just hard for some of you to tell with your heads in the sand.
we're 5-4. Have a shot at wild card. That's more than you predicted . How did the sky fall a long time ago?

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
We LOST to the Cowboys on Monday night.

We LOST to the Colts last year.

So, if we're lucky, maybe we can almost win against the Pats.

Only Bills fans who have accepted mediocrity would use "almost victories" as positive examples.
None of those games we were destroyed by 42-10 as you predicted.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
None of those games we were destroyed by 42-10 as you predicted.

but we still LOST. And you're trying to make it sound like it's a good thing because we almost didn't lose. That's just really, really sad.

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
sky fell a long time ago- it's just hard for some of you to tell with your heads in the sand.
If a winning record with 12 players on IR is the sky falling to you, be thankful you're not a Miami fan. You would've shot your own mother in the face and committed suicide.

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Pats 77
Bills 0

FlyingDutchman
11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry, I don't have to fool myself into thinking that the Bills have a chance to watch the game. I can accept reality and watch it anyway.

if youve accepted reality then why do you constantly regergetate the same negative stuff....? Unfortunately I do agree with you though. I think any slim chance we might have had might have just gone out the door. Ill still be there cheering my ass off and hoping though.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
if youve accepted reality then why do you constantly regergetate the same negative stuff....? Unfortunately I do agree with you though. I think any slim chance we might have had might have just gone out the door. Ill still be there cheering my ass off and hoping though.

our only hope was keeping the ball out of Brady's hands, and without Lynch that won't be possible.

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2007, 03:59 PM
but we still LOST. And you're trying to make it sound like it's a good thing because we almost didn't lose. That's just really, really sad.
You're totally missing the point.

It's not whether we actually won or lost the game. It's that we were supposed to be screwed in those games, like you suggested we are this week. But we were very competitive in all of those games, much more than a SCREWED team would be.

Now wake up and smell the cynide.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
You're totally missing the point.

It's not whether we actually won or lost the game. It's that we were supposed to be screwed in those games, like you suggested we are this week. But we were very competitive in all of those games, much more than a SCREWED team would be.

Now wake up and smell the cynide.

We lost, so how can you say we had a chance? How can you say we weren't screwed? Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I expected, but we still didn't prove that we could win against those teams, therefore, we were still screwed. Ohhh we almost came close to maybe proving that they weren't better. Give me a ****ing break.

BAM
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I think Wright can fall forward with 3 defenders on his back as well.

I'm anxious to see what Wright can do.

I still think Marshawn will play though.

Buffatexas
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
the good thing is that is that we really don't know what Wright is going to bring to this game. He could outperform Lynch. The Pats dont know either and maybe if we capitalize early and get a few breaks we may be able to pull this off.

Sorry to disagree with your preception Op, but I cant buy in to all this negativity.

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
the good thing is that is that we really don't know what Wright is going to bring to this game. He could outperform Lynch. The Pats dont know either and maybe if we capitalize early and get a few breaks we may be able to pull this off.

Sorry to disagree with your preception Op, but I cant buy in to all this negativity.

There is no reason too, in his mind we have been doomed for all of the 4 weeks we won. Even the Miami game was going to be a loss in his mind.

Drev8
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Lynch will play. Mark it.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Hey, I fully understand that people will disagree with me- that's the point of a message board- discussion and debate. It's the people who make it personal and criticize tone or attitude rather than discussing the point that drive me insane. Thanks for keeping this football related.

But honestly, Wright is a 4th round rookie with limited game experience. He looked good in pre season but has looked average at best when he has played in regular games. The Patriots have the 6th ranked run D in the NFL (which, admittedly, is a little skewed because they've had such big leads that teams have had to pass to catch up).

I'm interested to see what Wright has to offer, too, but I think the odds are stacked against him in this game. Plus, Lynch has been our ENTIRE offense this year- those are really big shoes to fill. The Patriots are 6th in pass D as well and our passing game is off, so Wright won't be getting a lot of help.

Remember, this is a team that already beat us 38-7 and they're coming off a bye. Unlike normal teams that are flat coming out of a bye, the Pats always seem to come out of it sharp and well-prepared. It really makes me feel sick.

Lynch is our best player by far so far this season, and it's incredibly frustrating that he's out for the toughest, highest-profile game of the season.

patmoran2006
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey, I fully understand that people will disagree with me- that's the point of a message board- discussion and debate. It's the people who make it personal and criticize tone or attitude rather than discussing the point that drive me insane. Thanks for keeping this football related.

But honestly, Wright is a 4th round rookie with limited game experience. He looked good in pre season but has looked average at best when he has played in regular games. The Patriots have the 6th ranked run D in the NFL (which, admittedly, is a little skewed because they've had such big leads that teams have had to pass to catch up).

I'm interested to see what Wright has to offer, too, but I think the odds are stacked against him in this game. Plus, Lynch has been our ENTIRE offense this year- those are really big shoes to fill. The Patriots are 6th in pass D as well and our passing game is off, so Wright won't be getting a lot of help.

Remember, this is a team that already beat us 38-7 and they're coming off a bye. Unlike normal teams that are flat coming out of a bye, the Pats always seem to come out of it sharp and well-prepared. It really makes me feel sick.

Lynch is our best player by far so far this season, and it's incredibly frustrating that he's out for the toughest, highest-profile game of the season.
I understand your frustrations, but the man is hurt.
It happens to all teams, obviously this year ours more than others, but that's the way it is.

Take it for what its worth.. NE is probably unbeatable anyway. Let's call this an exam for our team and see what they're made of. I'm interested in three things Sunday..

1- Once and for all, can JP look good against a GOOD team.
2- Is Wright going to be a dependable, Kenny Davis-like quality backup.
3- Is our defense as good as I'm starting to think it is.

Elminster
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I hope Wright gets the nod. A-Train has thus far looked horrible. This is certainly a huge blow, as regardless of the QB, Lynch has been our most consistent and potent offensive weapon.

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 05:06 PM

They had 5 straight days off during their bye, which is just unheard of. I think it's going to throw them off enough to lose.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I understand your frustrations, but the man is hurt.
It happens to all teams, obviously this year ours more than others, but that's the way it is.

Take it for what its worth.. NE is probably unbeatable anyway. Let's call this an exam for our team and see what they're made of. I'm interested in three things Sunday..

I think this is a really bad game to evaluate any of those things. The Pats are just too damn good. Plenty of quality players have been shut down by them.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:08 PM
They had 5 straight days off during their bye, which is just unheard of. I think it's going to throw them off enough to lose.

I hope so.

But it seems like every time we think something is going to affect the Pats, they overcome it and end up better: Bledsoe going down, bye weeks, Patriot-gate, injuries in the backfield, Harrison's suspension, bringing in FA's instead of building through the draft, etc.

Just once I'd like to see this team crash and burn, but I think they sold their soul to Satan. They have this magic immunity from the problems that hinder every other team in professional sports.

trapezeus
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
OP, i think the point some are trying to make is that you make bold assertions that the team is going to get laughed right out of the stadium in some games. but they have made a game of it against some very tough opponents. you can't say the bills will lose by 30+ points, and then have them lose by 1 and say, "see, i'm still right. we lost."

even with the 5-4 team we have, we practically no one on this team. that has to give you hope that A. the players we have are better than advertised, B. getting valuable experience C. will help this team get better.

We can't just have a 16-0 team with a superbowl. we have to build to get there. and i think after 2003-2006, we can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel coming. and we're getting excited.

This pats game can either show us we are close, still in the middle of the pack, or have no chance of getting there. and i think a lot of of feel that we are now in the middle, rightfully. and we are itching to jump up a notch.

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I hope so.

But it seems like every time we think something is going to affect the Pats, they overcome it and end up better: Bledsoe going down, bye weeks, Patriot-gate, injuries in the backfield, Harrison's suspension, bringing in FA's instead of building through the draft, etc.

Just once I'd like to see this team crash and burn, but I think they sold their soul to Satan. They have this magic immunity from the problems that hinder every other team in professional sports.

5 days means that they are off their game a little bit, it has to. That's a long time to let guys go and screw off for. They probably all ate like crap and goofed off thinking hey we're the pats. You know Tom was tipping Bubbly with some hot model somewhere. Hopefully she is a Bills fans and threw his *** for a loop.

One can only hope.

Buffatexas
11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Seriously though. I am not going to buy into the fact that Lynch is out until the official reports state that he is out.

Not really sure if I agree with you OP on what you said about this not being the game to prove

I think that if anything, this IS the game (if lynch is out) that can put an end to the JP fiasco. Regardless of win or loss, I think if JP shows poise and intelligence on the field he may keep his starting job.

The truth be told, we really dont know how Wright will perform as a full time guy. If I am the Pats, I am a bit concerned if Lynch is out. Dink and Dunk and take what they give all day. If we can do that, well, we control the clock. Big problem is what we do in the redzone

I think our defense will hold its own, they are definately known now and I really cant see the Pats taking them for granted.

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
OP, i think the point some are trying to make is that you make bold assertions that the team is going to get laughed right out of the stadium in some games. but they have made a game of it against some very tough opponents. you can't say the bills will lose by 30+ points, and then have them lose by 1 and say, "see, i'm still right. we lost."

even with the 5-4 team we have, we practically no one on this team. that has to give you hope that A. the players we have are better than advertised, B. getting valuable experience C. will help this team get better.

We can't just have a 16-0 team with a superbowl. we have to build to get there. and i think after 2003-2006, we can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel coming. and we're getting excited.

This pats game can either show us we are close, still in the middle of the pack, or have no chance of getting there. and i think a lot of of feel that we are now in the middle, rightfully. and we are itching to jump up a notch.

Nice post. If we beat the pats it's more than a notch, it's a new belt. I just don't buy into the assertion that teams are so unbeatable. The Boys are 8-1 right now but they probably will not forget coming to Buffalo for a very long time, I know Romo won't.

shelby
11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
This thread is supposed to be about our chances Sunday if Lynch doesn't play, not about Op.
If you don't like what Op is saying, don't read his posts.
Keep it football related please. No need to get personal.
Thanks.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM

I was wrong about the score, right about the outcome. I said we had no chance- we didn't win- so the naysayers have no proof that we had a chance. And the Cowboys game was just as humiliating as a blowout- that was an epic collapse. How do you cause 6 turnovers and have an 8 point lead with 2 minutes to go and still LOSE?

As far as getting excited- remember 8-8 in 2002? The first two games of 2003? The winning streak at the end of 2004? Justa and a few others here always jump down my throat for being prematurely negative. Well, seems to me that a lot of people here are being prematurely positive.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Seriously though. I am not going to buy into the fact that Lynch is out until the official reports state that he is out.

Not really sure if I agree with you OP on what you said about this not being the game to prove

I think that if anything, this IS the game (if lynch is out) that can put an end to the JP fiasco. Regardless of win or loss, I think if JP shows poise and intelligence on the field he may keep his starting job.

The truth be told, we really dont know how Wright will perform as a full time guy. If I am the Pats, I am a bit concerned if Lynch is out. Dink and Dunk and take what they give all day. If we can do that, well, we control the clock. Big problem is what we do in the redzone

I think our defense will hold its own, they are definately known now and I really cant see the Pats taking them for granted.

1. If JP looks good against a quality team ONCE, does it offset all the times that he's looked BAD against quality teams? Plus, why would anyone expect him to do something he's never proven he can do?
2. I already said my piece on Wright- he's inexperienced, going up against a hell of a D and basically has to carry our O like Lynch has for us to stand a chance. I think he has the potential to be a good back up but he's not going to show it against a D of this caliber.
3. The D has an uphill battle- the Pats are much better than any O we've played this year and I just don't see them being up to the task. They even struggled on the ground against Miami- ouch.

Dink and dunk- short passes aren't JP's strong suit. Hopefully he can do it but again, he's never proven that he can.

YardRat
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
We beat Houston in the Comeback game without Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, and I think Biscuit also.

Anything is possible.

Let's see what Wright has to offer getting more carries, and Maybe Jackson will see some carries. Personally, I hope the Pats do back off the line as you suggested, Op, although I doubt they will. They'll still guard against Evan's getting deep, load up against the run, and for the umpteenth time in the last 3 years make Losman try to beat them in the middle of the field.

dannyek71
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Well you can sit and home being all doom and gloom. I am going to be at the game yelling at the top of my lungs and beating the tar out of my seat and make much noise as possible.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
We beat Houston in the Comeback game without Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, and I think Biscuit also.

Anything is possible.

Let's see what Wright has to offer getting more carries, and Maybe Jackson will see some carries. Personally, I hope the Pats do back off the line as you suggested, Op, although I doubt they will. They'll still guard against Evan's getting deep, load up against the run, and for the umpteenth time in the last 3 years make Losman try to beat them in the middle of the field.

are you ****ing kidding me? Comparing this team to that team?

You're not acknowledging the specifics: that team was experienced, had one hell of an OL and was playing an opponent that doesn't even belong in the same sentence as this year's Patriots. What happened in the comeback game has no bearing on our chances in this game whatsoever.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Well you can sit and home being all doom and gloom. I am going to be at the game yelling at the top of my lungs and beating the tar out of my seat and make much noise as possible.

oh, I'll be jumping up and down yelling and the TV and getting pissed as hell when we lose.

You're just another one of those people who can't make a distinction between what you WANT to happen and what's likely to happen. I want us to kick the crap out of them, but I know that's not going to happen.

You're going to the game and you're afraid that if you think they're going to lose, you'll be down and won't have a good time. So you kid yourself into thinking we have a chance. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Buffatexas
11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
1. If JP looks good against a quality team ONCE, does it offset all the times that he's looked BAD against quality teams? Plus, why would anyone expect him to do something he's never proven he can do?
2. I already said my piece on Wright- he's inexperienced, going up against a hell of a D and basically has to carry our O like Lynch has for us to stand a chance. I think he has the potential to be a good back up but he's not going to show it against a D of this caliber.
3. The D has an uphill battle- the Pats are much better than any O we've played this year and I just don't see them being up to the task. They even struggled on the ground against Miami- ouch.

Dink and dunk- short passes aren't JP's strong suit. Hopefully he can do it but again, he's never proven that he can.

To answer your comments:
1 - It certainly doesnt and I hear ya on that. I know he has had more than an ample opportunity to prove his worth, and IMO he has not. But trying to figure out what this staff would do in the event he does do well is how I was trying to portray my earlier comment

2 - All things considered, Wright has just as much experience as Lynch. Just not on the field. Both being accomplished runners coming from two different systems. Lynch was thrown in right away and met expectations although you may hear different. Wright has had the time to sit back and watch and learn and hopefully analyze what is transipring on the field and relate that to his style of running.

3 - The defense has held its own, the bend but dont break theory. Now, yes the Pats are the offensive juggernaught and on paper, they should be able to wipe the turf with us. I just dont have the feeling it is going to happen that way. I think it is human nature to somewhat "get lax" when dealing with an opponent that is "inferior" to yourself. That said, I still believe that if the Bills come out early and hit hard like we did against Dallas (and get similar breaks with TOs) we can pull this off, only if we can adjust equally when the Pats make their adjustments.

whew...

John Doe
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
The Bills drafted Wright for a reason: quality depth and an insurance policy in case Lynch can't go.

So far, in the regular season, the guy has not looked like a world-beater but he has not had enough plays to get into the flow of the game.

He will get the lion's share of the reps in practice.

He has the tools and he is a mature guy.

I think that he will play well.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
The Bills drafted Wright for a reason: quality depth and an insurance policy in case Lynch can't go.

So far, in the regular season, the guy has not looked like a world-beater but he has not had enough plays to get into the flow of the game.

I agree with everything except the last line and that's not because of Wright himself. Our run blocking vs the Patriots' DL is not a good match up.

acehole
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Other teams will be scratching thier heads when they figure out that it only takes a second string 5th round back to beat the pats.

casdhf
11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
We can win this game.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 09:11 PM
We can win this game.

Patriots are 6th against the run, 6th against the pass and 4th overall on D. We're 31st in total offense and our best offensive player is injured.

Patriots are first in overall offense and we're 28th in overall defense.

Patriots already beat us 38-7, and that was WITH Lynch.

The Patriots are undefeated and we struggled with the winless Fish last weekend.

The Patriots are coming off a bye, so they're well rested and had two weeks to prepare for this game.

So, why exactly do you think we can win this game? Do you have any logical reason at all? Don't bother- I already know the answer.

trapezeus
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
it stinks to not have lynch, if that indeed is the case, but i think wright and jackson will follow the mold of all the other players who have had to sub in. they'll find a way.

Bone
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
As far as Im concerned I hope someone comes off a blitz and hits Brady right in the jaw, knock his ass to the ground, wouldnt even care if whoever got ejected, hell I wouldn't care if lost by 50.

mybills
11-15-2007, 06:41 AM

:rofl:

Op, here's something you may have overlooked. They don't have much film on Wright & Jackson. If the Bills switch them up with ATrain, they're not going to be as prepared as you think. I'm pretty sure we're going to see some things in the play calling that no team has seen before. It should be fun to watch if you keep your pants up and stay on that bridge. :;

HHURRICANE
11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
we're 5-4. Have a shot at wild card. That's more than you predicted . How did the sky fall a long time ago?

I think he predicted a 7-9 to 9-7 season so what hasn't come true?

mysticsoto
11-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Let's criticize Op for being realistic about the fact that Lynch not playing hurts us tremendously.

Lynch is our best player on offense but it's not a big deal?

Let's face it, we were not going to beat NE to begin with. If anything, this is the best game for Lynch to be hurt in since we weren't going to win it anyway. Hopefully he'll be fine afterwards when we'll really need him...

dannyek71
11-15-2007, 08:14 AM
oh, I'll be jumping up and down yelling and the TV and getting pissed as hell when we lose.

You're just another one of those people who can't make a distinction between what you WANT to happen and what's likely to happen. I want us to kick the crap out of them, but I know that's not going to happen.

You're going to the game and you're afraid that if you think they're going to lose, you'll be down and won't have a good time. So you kid yourself into thinking we have a chance. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

What helps me to sleep at night, is that even if we loose 70-0, I enjoyed myself at the game, and I made as much noise and made it as difficult for Brady as I possibly could.

unpaid_bills
11-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I just hope the Bills cover the spread

Pats 15
Bills 0

They will be pumpled 15 1/2 pt underdogs at home - the media is telling them they have no chance - funny things happen when you are constantly told you can not do something - what if Brady goes down the first series (like Losman in the last game), Moss decides to take some plays off -- suddenly things do not look that bad. Do not count out the 12th man just yet i have heard several opposing players say Buffalo is a very tough/disruptive place to play - if they can keep in the game anything can happen

Pats 77
Bills 0

BAM
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
What helps me to sleep at night, is that even if we loose 70-0, I enjoyed myself at the game, and I made as much noise and made it as difficult for Brady as I possibly could.

I always have fun up in the Ralph! No matter how bad we get beat up.

Then again, I've come to accept mediocrity so that's probably why I'm able to do so. :beers:

unpaid_bills
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM

Op how do you know what he is thinking? Whats wrong with rootiing on the team talking a little trash about them winning - this is the NFL for peets sake.

The Pats are undefeated so what - i will bet the house they will not go unbeaten the whole season. Bills are 5-4, won 4 in a row against NFL teams, with numerous injuries/issues/distractions, i beleive in all the games (except maybe the Jets) were underdogs and still won. I would not 100% count out Lynch just yet. Even if he does not play we have some decent backups plus Losman and the rest of the O will be pumped and ready to prove something a little added incentive. With your logic we seem to be screwed with Lynch.

Go Bills

unpaid_bills
11-15-2007, 08:58 AM
I always have fun up in the Ralph! No matter how bad we get beat up.

Then again, I've come to accept mediocrity so that's probably why I'm able to do so. :beers:

There we go..

Personally would rather be a Bills fan than Pats, Raiders, Cowboys they are obnoxious

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
why should you care about what others feel and how they want to enjoy things their way?

I don't know- why should other people care so much about my negative attitude and being pissed off about a team that's been nothing but mediocre for a decade?

I find it extremely frustrating when people call themselves fans but "enjoy" having the same crappy defensive stats as last year or "enjoy" almost not losing to the Cowboys, Patriots and Colts. That's a sign that the fans have accepted that we can't win so we have to find other ways to "enjoy" football. I won't accept that.

Buffatexas
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't know- why should other people care so much about my negative attitude and being pissed off about a team that's been nothing but mediocre for a decade?

I find it extremely frustrating when people call themselves fans but "enjoy" having the same crappy defensive stats as last year or "enjoy" almost not losing to the Cowboys, Patriots and Colts. That's a sign that the fans have accepted that we can't win so we have to find other ways to "enjoy" football. I won't accept that.

OP, I really don't think the folks here "enjoy" what we currently have as you are implying. I, for one, dont enjoy they way they have been playing (especially against Miami) lately, however I believe it is my duty as a fan of this team to revel when they win, regardless of the performance and choose to b***h should they lose. I may enjoy the win, but may be not content with the way it was played.

As far as enjoying "not losing" to the Cowboys, Pats and Colts, this is the power of perception. Knowing this team like you do, I think we expected to get pounded by Dallas. When we didnt, we were able to lean back and say "holy s**t, we actually fought and even though we lost it looked like we gave them everything we had" How can you not find the smallest pleasure in that?

Sometimes we just need to make the best hand out of the cards that we have been dealt.

GO BILLS!!!!

shelby
11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
You guys are making me work way too hard.
i am splitting out all the personal :bs: from this thread.
Keep it football related.

If this crap continues, i will start assessing points to the offending parties.
Thanks.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
OP, I really don't think the folks here "enjoy" what we currently have as you are implying. I, for one, dont enjoy they way they have been playing (especially against Miami) lately, however I believe it is my duty as a fan of this team to revel when they win, regardless of the performance and choose to b***h should they lose. I may enjoy the win, but may be not content with the way it was played.

As far as enjoying "not losing" to the Cowboys, Pats and Colts, this is the power of perception. Knowing this team like you do, I think we expected to get pounded by Dallas. When we didnt, we were able to lean back and say "holy s**t, we actually fought and even though we lost it looked like we gave them everything we had" How can you not find the smallest pleasure in that?

Sometimes we just need to make the best hand out of the cards that we have been dealt.

GO BILLS!!!!

how can you find any pleasure whatsoever in a game where we led by 8 with 2 minutes left, caused 6 turnovers, and still lost? That's just as humiliating as a blowout.

Buffatexas
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
how can you find any pleasure whatsoever in a game where we led by 8 with 2 minutes left, caused 6 turnovers, and still lost? That's just as humiliating as a blowout.

Not trying to start junk with you man,

my expectation of that game was that we would get destroyed. Was I ticked off because we had the lead and blew it, you bet. But I think I would have rather gone down the way we did then get our butts handed to us.

We lost the game, regardless of the outcome, you have to pick your poison.

Nothing in the NFL is determined by how the win was won. You dont get points for effort and you dont get points taken away for laying an egg.

When we win, I am happy. When we lose my emotion is based on HOW we lost.

Philagape
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
The way we lost against Dallas was one of the most infuriating, unbelievable ways I've ever seen. Two scores in 20 seconds. That loss is up there with Home Run Throw-up. I was speechless with inner outrage.