PDA

View Full Version : A serious question

Oaf
11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
When confronted with a winning team these days, it usually calls for us to pull a big upset since we're usually so bad. With that in mind, we have yet another opportunity to shock the world. We've had plenty opportunities and most are met with the phrases, "our home turf" or "any given Sunday."

My question is, when is the last time we've actually pulled a the huge upset and stunned the pundits?

I know we've gotten very close sometimes and surprised people for just being competitive, only to drop it in the end. (Cowboys, 1st Pats game last year, etc.)

I also know occasionally in these one-sided matchups we actually DO get blown out and no one is surprised outside of Buffalo.

When the last time we pulled out a win against such a favored opponent?

Mr. Pink
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
The last win I remember that was "big" was the greatest comeback in NFL history game. I know the Oilers spanked us the week before to end the regular season. No Kelly, No Biscuit, No Thurman in the wild card game and the Oilers were favored to win on our field. We faced more adversity through the game and came out on top.

I don't know how much the Oilers were favored by, but I do remember that we were the underdog.

patmoran2006
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
If we beat NE I think it would qualify as the biggest upset in Franchise History.

I dont remember the year, but when the Jets won Super Bowl III we only one game that year, and it was against the jets (At least that's what I been told, I wasn't even born yet)

NE "could" go down as one of if not the best team this year to ever play, I dont see a bigger possible upset for the Bills.

shelby
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
The last win I remember that was "big" was the greatest comeback in NFL history game. I know the Oilers spanked us the week before to end the regular season. No Kelly, No Biscuit, No Thurman in the wild card game and the Oilers were favored to win on our field. We faced more adversity through the game and came out on top.

I don't know how much the Oilers were favored by, but I do remember that we were the underdog.

What FTY said.

i would also submit that when we shut out the Patriots in our home opener in 2003, that was an upset, though not on such a grand scale.

Dont drink the water
11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
When the last time we pulled out a win against such a favored opponent?

31-0 upset of Patriots the year they won the Superbowl.

Oaf
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that's a good one. That was after their first SB run right?

The Oiler's game was 1.5 decades ago. My point is we get all these chances for upsets and sometimes they tease us fans, but we almost never have what it takes to actually get the upset.

jamze132
11-15-2007, 04:28 AM
How many upsets are there throughout the season anyways? And I'm not talking about a team being favored by 3.5 pts losing either. I am talking about one team is king while the other is peasent? There aren't too many of those in the NFL. Obviously this game fits that analogy so if we did win, its one for the ages. No one would ever take the Bills for granted again for the foreseable future.

shelby
11-15-2007, 04:30 AM
No, they'd call it a fluke....this team doesn't get the respect it should.
;)