PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY thing I like about Lynch being out...

patmoran2006
11-14-2007, 04:48 PM
To me, this game is no longer about winning or losing.

It's about our quarterback, and if he can stand up in the face of adversity and have a big game (win or lose)-- it's about finding out if he has the ability to put this offense on his shoulders in front of a world-wide audience and make enough plays to at least give the team a chance to win.

Lynch is likely out. Evans will see PLENTY of Samuel and safety help. Can JP Losman find a way to make a game of this on the strength of his QB play, like the good ones do?

If he can't do that, then he doesnt deserve any extension and he shouldn't be the starter. If he can't do that because Jauron calls 50 runs and 3 yard passes, then it proves (without Lynch especially) that they have NO CONFIDENCE in him, and get his ass out of there.

People say JP should get a pass this game? Horse ****. This should be the ULTIMATE TEST. Do we have a legit, franchise quarterback in that huddle, or do we have a "dime a dozen" bum who feasts on the Cinci's and Houston's of the world and plays like **** when we play a real team.

I mean, seriously. Any QB can look good against **** opposition. Let's see what happens when Losman takes the field and the deck is stacked against him. Can he play well? If he doesn't, I hope he's bannished to the bench for the next 6 weeks and then gone for good. If he stinks up the field against NE it's at best a coin-flip if he'll do the same at Jacksonville- and with our season on the line, I"m tired of the Losman coin-flip performances.

SHOW and PROVE your a real QB in this league Sunday, or take your ball and go home.

raphael120
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I feel like I'm having deja vu.

How many times have we stated "this is JP's time to show...etc etc".

It's getting old. You've seen all you can see from this dude.

OpIv37
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I want to see what Wright can do, but I wish he could get a chance in a lower profile game against a weaker opponent.

It will be interesting to see if Fairchild gets creative. With Lynch out, there will likely be more room in the box- USE JP'S LEGS!!!! Yeah, it's an outside shot at best, but what do we have to lose?

patmoran2006
11-14-2007, 04:54 PM
I feel like I'm having deja vu.

How many times have we stated "this is JP's time to show...etc etc".

It's getting old. You've seen all you can see from this dude.
This is his first prime-time start, at least I think it is. Either is talent or fondness of idiocy will be on display for all the world to see.

I know I have my opinions, but I HONESTLY think this will turn out to be a fact. If Losman plays like **** Sunday, barring injury I dont think you'll ever see him play for the Bills again.

I hope our staff goes for it. If they let Losman air it out and see what happens, win or lose I'll be satisfied If we're going to go conservative, then this staff is a bunch of pussies for not starting Edwards, who is heads-above better at a controlled, read the defense and take what they give you, passing attack.

shelby
11-14-2007, 04:54 PM
i agree with Op, let JP scramble a bit and make things happen.

His mobility is one of his few bright spots.

And Pat, i highly doubt that anyone here will make any excuses for JP if he doesn't perform well on Sunday night. In fact, if he looks like he did last week, i fully expect the boards to implode due to the massive amounts of Losman hatred being spewed.

patmoran2006
11-14-2007, 04:57 PM
i agree with Op, let JP scramble a bit and make things happen.

His mobility is one of his few bright spots.

And Pat, i highly doubt that anyone here will make any excuses for JP if he doesn't perform well on Sunday night. In fact, if he looks like he did last week, i fully expect the boards to implode due to the massive amounts of Losman hatred being spewed.
We'll see if your right. I highly doubt it though. We'll hear about them being 10-0 and stopping everybody, and then say JP deserve the Jags game, no matter how bad he plays. In which our playoff hopes basically end should we lose at Jags.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I would love to see what Fred Jackson and Dwayne Wright could do against the celebrated Patriots defense. However, I have this lingering intuition that A-Train is going to see the vast majority of the snaps this Sunday.

NJFINSFAN1
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Losing Lynch kills you guys, you can run on NE, and Lynch would have given you a punchers chance. The kid is a stud.

YardRat
11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
It's been 'put up or shut up' time for JP for too long now. He's fortunate to be getting another shot, we'll just have to see how he does.

There are no more excuses, and that started the beginning of this season.

acehole
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
We are setting the bar a bit high no?
I mean we have no realing running threat this week so..they will be playing dime all day. This is an undefeated team that payton Manning didnt beat with J Addia running all day...with a argubly better deffense. Are we being a little phony here PAT? We had a much better chance with Lynch...this is a little much even for you pat. This is the same Pat that whined all off season we didnt sign any big names and front office this and coaching that and now we are somehoe good enough to beat the Pats? Just admit you like trend edwards and stop masking your true feelings...

This is his first prime-time start, at least I think it is. Either is talent or fondness of idiocy will be on display for all the world to see.

I know I have my opinions, but I HONESTLY think this will turn out to be a fact. If Losman plays like **** Sunday, barring injury I dont think you'll ever see him play for the Bills again.

I hope our staff goes for it. If they let Losman air it out and see what happens, win or lose I'll be satisfied If we're going to go conservative, then this staff is a bunch of pussies for not starting Edwards, who is heads-above better at a controlled, read the defense and take what they give you, passing attack.

acehole
11-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes lets put all the resposibility on JP Losmen. He can run for 100 yards.... and stop the run like we did against miami. Stop the pass also...he need to stop those kick return for touchdowns. I hope he is more acurate then Lindel as Lindel did miss one in the denver game that could have been the game winner...yes lets set the bar really high against an undefeated team..... So on Sunday after the game all of you rellishing in the Bills loss will be smilling thinking you were correct in wanting Trend Edwards in there...

It's been 'put up or shut up' time for JP for too long now. He's fortunate to be getting another shot, we'll just have to see how he does.

There are no more excuses, and that started the beginning of this season.

Dr. Lecter
11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
To me, this game is no longer about winning or losing.

Every game is about winning and losing.

camelcowboy
11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah pat im pro Edwards, but Lynch and the running game is a valuable tool for both qbs. No running game handicaps this team especially when Lee Evans has nothing but triple teams on him. Im sorry but to make a informed decision each qb should have a full tool belt. Running game, an open play book.

Philagape
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes lets put all the resposibility on JP Losmen. He can run for 100 yards.... and stop the run like we did against miami. Stop the pass also...he need to stop those kick return for touchdowns. I hope he is more acurate then Lindel as Lindel did miss one in the denver game that could have been the game winner...yes lets set the bar really high against an undefeated team..... So on Sunday after the game all of you rellishing in the Bills loss will be smilling thinking you were correct in wanting Trend Edwards in there...

The JP vs. Trent debate is over for now. JP's starting. It's not JP vs. Trent; it's JP vs. the other team. It's about how he performs, win or lose .... his decisions, his accuracy, his composure. You're the only one here still making it about Trent. That's an emotional response centered on one player. There's a word for that which certain posters use but I won't.

acehole
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
The JP vs. Trent debate is over for now. JP's starting. It's not JP vs. Trent; it's JP vs. the other team. It's about how he performs, win or lose .... his decisions, his accuracy, his composure. You're the only one here still making it about Trent. That's an emotional response centered on one player. There's a word for that which certain posters use but I won't.

I am the only one yes...but when the post is "Put up or shut up" the implication is there..that he he fails then we put in Trend...and that implies that he is better. I can let that stand.

acehole
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah pat im pro Edwards, but Lynch and the running game is a valuable tool for both qbs. No running game handicaps this team especially when Lee Evans has nothing but triple teams on him. Im sorry but to make a informed decision each qb should have a full tool belt. Running game, an open play book.

Who are you and what have you done with camlecowboy.

kinigirly
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
pat what happened to the thread where you said it was gonna be the last thing you say about the qbs? i'm so sick of this endless monotonous drivel :ill:

Philagape
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I am the only one yes...but when the post is "Put up or shut up" the implication is there..that he he fails then we put in Trend...and that implies that he is better. I can let that stand.

I don't know what he meant, but I interpret it as this is JP's career we're talking about. A first-round pick that cost multiple picks, in his fourth year in the league, third year playing, same coaches as last year. He needs to perform like a veteran who can lead a team and make veteran decisions. Not like a rookie. If he's not at that level by now, then he has no future here.
After last year people were touting his 11th-best passer rating. Well, he set the bar that high for himself then. He needs to play like an above-average QB.
I'm not expecting a win, but I am expecting competence and putting up a good fight on his part.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
We are setting the bar a bit high no?
I mean we have no realing running threat this week so..they will be playing dime all day. This is an undefeated team that payton Manning didnt beat with J Addia running all day...with a argubly better deffense. Are we being a little phony here PAT? We had a much better chance with Lynch...this is a little much even for you pat. This is the same Pat that whined all off season we didnt sign any big names and front office this and coaching that and now we are somehoe good enough to beat the Pats? Just admit you like trend edwards and stop masking your true feelings...

Well... 4 days before the game and already we have the excuses rolling in.

You really are living up to your name.

TheBrownBear
11-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Does anyone actually expect either qb to lead us to a win against the Pats. Either of these guys would be screwed to begin with. Take away our best offensive option and we are shooting blanks. Unless Losman looks absolutely moronic out there on Sunday, I don't see how he can be criticized in losing to the Pats. I'm an Edwards guy, but it's going to take an absolutely abysmal performance against the Pats by Losman to take him out of the lineup against the Jags.

acehole
11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't know what he meant, but I interpret it as this is JP's career we're talking about. A first-round pick that cost multiple picks, in his fourth year in the league, third year playing, same coaches as last year. He needs to perform like a veteran who can lead a team and make veteran decisions. Not like a rookie. If he's not at that level by now, then he has no future here.
After last year people were touting his 11th-best passer rating. Well, he set the bar that high for himself then. He needs to play like an above-average QB.
I'm not expecting a win, but I am expecting competence and putting up a good fight on his part.

Actually agree with this...but I dont like the odds without a running game agianst the pats...I am just thinking if he is set up for a bad game it is this one.