PDA

View Full Version : Christian Gaddis....

Mahdi
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't be surprised to see this guy take over for Fowler at some point either this year or next year. Watching him in pre-season he was a big factor in our strong run game when the second stringers were in. I was hoping he would get a shot to compete for the starting role this year but they probably thought that Fowler would be better with more talent around him.

hydro
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Never heard of him. Where did he go to school?

TigerJ
11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Villanova, I think. Yes, they do play football of a sort at Villanova.

hydro
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Villanova, I think. Yes, they do play football of a sort at Villanova.

:rofl:

jamze132
11-15-2007, 04:03 AM
If Gaddis was as good as Fowler, they would have already have had him in there.

mysticsoto
11-15-2007, 06:23 AM
The fact that they've activated Gaddis off the PS is a good sign that he's improved substantially - so I like that move. In fact, when I 1st read it, I was surprised...thinking that they should've activated Scott Mayle or the other receiver from the PS given our WR situation and the fact that we really don't have a #2. Mayle had burning speed and just needs to work on routes. But the fact that they activated Gaddis over a WR indicates how much along he must have come to be worth activating over a need position!

buffalony85
11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I never saw a big guy like fowler get *****ed around while run blocking!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Fowler really isn't huge is he? He is barely 300 lbs. Never heard of Gaddis but I hightly doubt he gets in there without injury and frankly I don't want them messing with the line at this point. It is one of the better parts of our team.

streetkings01
11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
I think Mertz is our new center next season!

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Why Merz? What has he done?

bigbub2352
11-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Merz was suppossed to beat out Fowler this year, he started games as a rookie 2 yrs ago and is a monster 6ft5 345lbs, he is nasty against the run and decent against the pass, he needs to stay healthy thou,

Gaddis is small too 6ft 2 295lbs, but looked alot more stout againt the run, Gaddis had a 4th round grade in most draft books but were he plated probably shyed team away,

Fowler is the major problem in the run game, he gets pushed back way to much, Butler is really becoming good at RG, we get a C in here worth something and this oline becomes dominant instead of average

User Manuel
11-15-2007, 08:34 AM
:rofl:

Brian Westbrook ring a bell. Villanova alum.

Ickybaluky
11-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Brian Westbrook ring a bell. Villanova alum.

Brian Finneran of the Falcons went there.

Howie Long as well.

camelcowboy
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Start messing with center qb snap exchange can't be a good idea.

Albany,n.y.
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Gaddis is small too 6ft 2 295lbs, but looked alot more stout againt the run, Gaddis had a 4th round grade in most draft books but were he plated probably shyed team away,

I just checked 5 draft sources. Mel Kiper, Frank Coyle (Draft Insider's Digest), Nolan Nawrocki (PFW), Russ Lande (GMjr) & NFL Draft Scout and not one gave him a draftable grade. 4th round? Where did you get that from?
He may make it, but he definitely came in under the radar of "most draft books".

John Doe
11-16-2007, 05:38 AM
The fact that they've activated Gaddis off the PS is a good sign that he's improved substantially - so I like that move. In fact, when I 1st read it, I was surprised...thinking that they should've activated Scott Mayle or the other receiver from the PS given our WR situation and the fact that we really don't have a #2. Mayle had burning speed and just needs to work on routes. But the fact that they activated Gaddis over a WR indicates how much along he must have come to be worth activating over a need position!

I think that the injury to Matt Murphy had something to do with it as well. He was practicing a lot as an offensive lineman. We would be really thin there if someone were not called up.

YardRat
11-16-2007, 06:04 AM

Two words...Jabari Greer and George Wilson.

DraftBoy
11-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Merz may be too heavy to be a center in the NFL, prototypical centers are 290-315 in the NFL. Usually because they need to be athletic and get to the next level. In a traditional 4-3 defensive set they have nobody lined up over top of them so they need to snap it and get up field. I wouldnt mind giving Gaddis a shot at the job, or Merz for that matter. Also I didnt list Gaddis in my guide, but he may of had a higher grade from some people.

jamze132
11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok?

Apples and oranges... We are talking about one of only two guys who touch the ball on every down.

But obviously, we won't know until he gets his chance.

YardRat
11-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok?

Apples and oranges... We are talking about one of only two guys who touch the ball on every down.

But obviously, we won't know until he gets his chance.

My point is whether or not he is better than Fowler isn't necessarily a factor.

Greer > Youboty, Thomas, and Butler.
Wilson > Lenhard.

Neither saw the field until two guys in front of them were injured, and both (thus far, anyway) have turned out to be better than at least one of the guys placed in front of them by the coaches on the depth chart.

Gaddis may very well be better than Fowler, and I agree with you that we won't know until he gets a chance to play.

Oaf
11-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I just checked 5 draft sources. Mel Kiper, Frank Coyle (Draft Insider's Digest), Nolan Nawrocki (PFW), Russ Lande (GMjr) & NFL Draft Scout and not one gave him a draftable grade. 4th round? Where did you get that from?
He may make it, but he definitely came in under the radar of "most draft books".

Yeah. :mad:

Five? :db:

Nighthawk
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Now, let me state that I do not hate Fowler, but your statement is totally false. It took injury for this coaching staff to let Greer finally play, when it was obvious he was one of the few playmakers on that side of the ball.

jamze132
11-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Now, let me state that I do not hate Fowler, but your statement is totally false. It took injury for this coaching staff to let Greer finally play, when it was obvious he was one of the few playmakers on that side of the ball.
My OPINION is not false. Its an opinion...

Its also my OPINION that if the coaching staff thought Gaddis provides us with the best chance to win, he would be playing. Take it for what its worth, but Dick preaches that no ones job is secure, and that is a FACT.