• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Other QB's Stats Against NE That JP Should Put Up

Listen, Lynch not being in the game and him not having great recievers beyond Evans doesn't excuse his ****ty passes, his poor decisions in taking huge sacks when he could throw the ball away, etc...those are ALL on Losman and you can't blaim ANYONE but HIM! So he better start playing like a veteran QB that deserves money or get his ass out of here.

Phillip Rivers threw 2 TD's and 2 INT's on NE and LT was not a factor in the game, he only rushed for 43 yards, and I think you can debate whether they have an even worse WR corps than us.

Cleo Lemon lead his team to put up 3 TD's (on the ground) on NE and Miami's talent pool is a JOKE. He had good passing stats 24/27 for 236 and 1 INT.

Derek Anderson put up 2TD's and 3 INT for 287 yards. They have no running game.

These are all QB's who have just as much or even less experience than JP with equal or less talent on the offense.

If JP does worse than any three of these guys I think it's bye bye time for JP.

You guys all act like everyone else who lost against the Pats did horrible too. Most of the QB's who Brady played against put up good points and in a vacuum by themselves, the QB facing NE's defense put up decent stats but the fact is that NE just puts up double what that QB puts up.
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Other QB's Stats Against NE That JP Should Put Up

Valid points.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

Listen the only stat that maters is this one.

38 -7

That is what Trend Edwards with lynch was able to do against the Pats.

That is the bar.

If JP loses this game by less a margin without Lynch with the Pats well rested.....it would prove he is the better QB....and then some of you need to STFU.

Originally posted by raphael120
      Listen, Lynch not being in the game and him not having great recievers beyond Evans doesn't excuse his ****ty passes, his poor decisions in taking huge sacks when he could throw the ball away, etc...those are ALL on Losman and you can't blaim ANYONE but HIM! So he better start playing like a veteran QB that deserves money or get his ass out of here.

Phillip Rivers threw 2 TD's and 2 INT's on NE and LT was not a factor in the game, he only rushed for 43 yards, and I think you can debate whether they have an even worse WR corps than us.

Cleo Lemon lead his team to put up 3 TD's (on the ground) on NE and Miami's talent pool is a JOKE. He had good passing stats 24/27 for 236 and 1 INT.

These are all QB's who have just as much or even less experience than JP with equal or less talent on the offense.

You guys all act like everyone else who lost against the Pats did horrible too. Most of the QB's who Brady played against put up good points and in a vacuum by themselves, the QB facing NE's defense put up decent stats but the fact is that NE just puts up double what that QB puts up.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
        Listen the only stat that maters is this one.

38 -7

That is the bar.
        JP's bar is the same as a rookie playing his first game ever without starter reps? If a QB's bar is lowered that much, he sucks.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

No one mentioned Trent Edwards until you. This isn't about him. He's not starting. This is about whether or not we have a real NFL QB in JP. So you STFU about Trent.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
            JP's bar is the same as a rookie playing his first game ever without starter reps? If a QB's bar is lowered that much, he sucks.
            You might be right. But the debate as to who is better right now will be over finally.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Phil you are dead on my man.

Comparing a rookie to a vet is apples to oranges.. ppl need to cut the **** already.

Two of lemons TD's came against New Englands 2nd team defense I thought?
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

sorry bud once u said chargers receieving core is worse then ours u lost me.

chambers LT and GATES is pretty serious IMO

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

You might be right. But the debate as to who is better right now will be over finally.
                  If they both play like rookies, who cares?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                    sorry bud once u said chargers receieving core is worse then ours u lost me.

chambers LT and GATES is pretty serious IMO
                    chambers was a midseason trade aquisition.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

You can't just cherry-pick stats, as situations are different across the board. What a guy does in garbage time when the defense is in prevent shouldn't be weighed the same as when the game is on the line.

Look at the season Stats:

- 6th in the NFL defending the pass, giving up 184.7 yards per game
                      - 59.7% completions against, 11th in the NFL
                      - 6.4 YPA allowed, tied for 6th best in the NFL
                      - 11 TD passes allowed, tied for 12th in the NFL
                      - 12 Interceptions, tied for 6th in the NFL (with Buffalo)
                      - 73.9 QB Rating against, 8th in the NFL
                      - 18 pass plays of 20+ yards allowed, tied for 4th best (with Pittsburgh)
                      - 1 pass play of 40+ yards allowed, 2nd best in the NFL
                      - 25 sacks, tied for 7th best in the NFL

By any measure, the Pats are a top-10 pass defense. They are tough to throw on, don't give up a lot of big plays and get a lot of disruption plays (sacks and Ints). You can pick out all the stats you want, but the fact is Losman is facing a tough team to throw the ball against. If he does well, he will have earned it and you can't diminish that.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

A little less hostility would be nice.

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                          You can't just cherry-pick stats, as situations are different across the board. What a guy does in garbage time when the defense is in prevent shouldn't be weighed the same as when the game is on the line.

Look at the season Stats:

- 6th in the NFL defending the pass, giving up 184.7 yards per game
                          - 59.7% completions against, 11th in the NFL
                          - 6.4 YPA allowed, tied for 6th best in the NFL
                          - 11 TD passes allowed, tied for 12th in the NFL
                          - 12 Interceptions, tied for 6th in the NFL (with Buffalo)
                          - 73.9 QB Rating against, 8th in the NFL
                          - 18 pass plays of 20+ yards allowed, tied for 4th best (with Pittsburgh)
                          - 1 pass play of 40+ yards allowed, 2nd best in the NFL
                          - 25 sacks, tied for 7th best in the NFL

By any measure, the Pats are a top-10 pass defense. They are tough to throw on, don't give up a lot of big plays and get a lot of disruption plays (sacks and Ints). You can pick out all the stats you want, but the fact is Losman is facing a tough team to throw the ball against. If he does well, he will have earned it and you can't diminish that.
                          Well I have a good bet we'll be playing them in garbage time too, so. And if he does play well, thats all well and good, but Im saying if he plays BAD, and this is what all this thread is about, he needs to show he's NOT as bad as a rookie playing NE (Trent).

When are we going to hold JP to a higher standard and compare them to starting QB's in the league and not rookies??? I love how people are sayin "oh well if he plays better than trent did" we shouldnt want that, we should EXPECT so much MORE than that! Phillip Rivers STINKS and he played somewhat decently agains their defense and MIND YOU I SAID LT HAD A HORRID GAME and Rivers STILL put up 2 TD's.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Phillip Rivers STINKS and he played somewhat decently agains their defense and MIND YOU I SAID LT HAD A HORRID GAME and Rivers STILL put up 2 TD's.
                            At the half of the San Diego game the Patriots were ahead 24-to-nothing.

Rivers first half stats:

6-for-10 (60%), 63 Yds (6.3 YPA), 0 TD, 2 Int, 38.8 QB Rating

That isn't playing somewhat decently, that is playing like crap and being a big reason why his team lost. One of his picks late in the half was returned for a TD by Adalius Thomas to make the game a laugher. He also had a 3rd interception called back because of a penalty away from the ball. In the second half the Pats played soft with a big lead and he padded his numbers, but that doesn't mean he played well.

J.P. is in a difficult spot, because the Bills are going to have to rely on him throwing the ball more than most games. However, he is playing against a defense that doesn't give up a lot of yardage or big plays. If he plays well, he will earn it. Short of a total meltdown, he really can't be judged based on this one game.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Absolutely right NE, he can't.

I'm not watching the game to judge how our QB does. (no matter who it is)
                              I'm watching the game to see them all play their best against NE. I will hope for a win, but I will not cry over a loss. After all, the odds are not in our favor. I'm comfortably numb.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X