PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 2002

JD
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Back to the old boring clutch/grab horse ****.

Back to the old boring ****ing defensive play.

At least fighting and hitting seem to be up, but at the same time so are the shots to the head.

Buffalo cannot and will not survive this style of play.
It is no longer the "New NHL", it is the OLD NHL!

Hockey will never hit mainstream like football,
Let the trap begin.

Michael82
11-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I've been saying this for a while, and if it's really going back to that style hockey, I'm done wasting all that money going to 10-12 games a year (plus postseason), like I did last year and this season. I've tried watching this hockey on TV lately and it's putting me to sleep. Why does the NHL think that people actually enjoying watching this boring ****? :ill:

mchurchfie
11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Agreed!

SabreEleven
11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
You forgot one.

75 percent of the players are paid way over their true value...

Cany anybody say LOCKOUT

The NHL can't get out of their own way and it starts with firing Bettman.

SabreEleven
11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Why does the NHL think that people actually enjoying watching this boring ****? :ill:

The NHL doesn't think that people like watching this boring ****...

1) 60 percent of the teams can only win consistenly by playing that style so they do it. Winning is better than exciting. There really is no way to stop teams from playing this boring ass way Mean the trap and zone defense.

2) The NHL doesn't know how to fix it.
2a) One of the fixes is to make the ice surface bigger but that means less seats and less seats means less money in the owners pockets especially the $150 ones close to the glass. but if they don't make the game more exciting everybody is going to stop paying $150 to go to one game.

Michael82
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I have two suggestions....

1. Make the pads smaller on the goalie. They are wayy too big and are a big reason why they can make so many saves. Check out Lundqvist for the example. Those things are huge.

2. Make the goalie nets bigger. That will give more area that the goalie would have to protect and make it a bit easier to score more goals.

SabreEleven
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Number 1 definetly has to happen. Number 2 will never happen.

Making the nets bigger isn't neseccary in my opinion.

JD
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
What about 4 on 4 hockey?

JD
11-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Every stood next to a real net? They're huge to begin with. Making them bigger will lead to more injuries to the groin.

Decrease the size of the pads and take out the blue line for ****s and giggles lol.