PDA

View Full Version : What if Wright has a breakout game?

Buckets
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Think about it. I was just thinking, well if Lynch can't play Wright will have to pick it up till Lynch gets back.

Then it hit me, we all are hoping Lynch can play this week but what if Wright plays and runs for 120 - 130 yards. Will we expect Lynch to be benched? I think not but can you see the parallel to the QB situation?

madness
11-15-2007, 09:14 AM
No controversy at all. In fact, Marv and DJ are probably hoping he does have a big game. If Wright comes into his own, he'll be the perfect compliment for Lynch. DJ originally wanted a RBBC w/ the theory being two fresh backs are harder to stop then one tired one.

This was the plan when they drafted Wright and it would be great if it works out that way. The only controversy will be with fans who own Lynch in their FFL.

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Knowing this board, we'll then have Lynch-lickers and a WPD and they'll argue all day long.

Forward_Lateral
11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
If that happens, hopefully they get rid of A-Train.

MikeInRoch
11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Easy, we move Lynch to QB where he clearly belongs.

blackonyx89
11-15-2007, 09:24 AM
You'll just have a solid #2 back,that's all. No controversy at all. Stop instigating!

:brush:

Buckets
11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't think there will be any controversy either. I think it's bull**** when the next weeks starter is based on their production in their last game or on how well their replacement played if they were injured.

The determinatin should be does the player have what it takes to do the job or dosen't he. I don't like the JP / TE situation, there's no continuity. DJ should just pick one or the other period.

Jan Reimers
11-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't remember any controversy when Kenneth Davis had a good game in place of an injured Thurman Thomas.

And I wouldn't expect one now, no matter how well Wright might perform.

Except that fans today seem to thrive on starting controversies where none really exist.

Coach Sal
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Kenneth Davis had plenty of great games filling in for Thurman Thomas. There was never a RB controversy, except maybe from those who didn't know any better or just wanted to start trouble.

(oops. Sorry, Jay. I didn't see your post above before writing. Basically saying the same thing).

Kerr
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
For the same reasons madness stated, it'll never happen. It's unorthodox to have two starting qb's play the same season(exception is arizona), but it's really common to have two good backs, especially more than one that is starting caliber.

Buckets
11-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't remember any controversy when Kenneth Davis had a good game in place of an injured Thurman Thomas.

And I wouldn't expect one now, no matter how well Wright might perform.

Except that fans today seem to thrive on starting controversies where none really exist.

And I agree, my point was aimed at the QB controversy we are presently in. Reasonable thinking would be that the starter would resume his position when he was able no matter what the replacement did. The backups are supposed to be able to step in and perform.

Buckets
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
For the same reasons madness stated, it'll never happen. It's unorthodox to have two starting qb's play the same season(exception is arizona), but it's really common to have two good backs, especially more than one that is starting caliber.

Bingo

Jimbuktu
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I hope Wright rushes for three scores and 300 yards!

GO BILLS!

Tatonka
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
i pray to god that wright is soooo good in the game that we could even consider discussing who should "start".

Meathead
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
start homeless terrorist running back now

Jan Reimers
11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Wright is a power back who might do just fine behind our run blocking-challenged offensive line. He may get yardage by dragging and pushing tacklers, just like Lynch does.

I'd worry more if he were a finesse back who actually needed O line-created holes and lanes to be successful.

Mahdi
11-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Then we have a solid RB that can take some of the heavy load/beating Lynch is taking.

PromoTheRobot
11-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Think about it. I was just thinking, well if Lynch can't play Wright will have to pick it up till Lynch gets back.

Then it hit me, we all are hoping Lynch can play this week but what if Wright plays and runs for 120 - 130 yards. Will we expect Lynch to be benched? I think not but can you see the parallel to the QB situation?
Yes...between Wright and A-Train!

PTR

DMBcrew36
11-15-2007, 10:52 AM
What if Fred Jackson has a breakout game?

Honestly, there's no one that compares to Lynch on this team at RB. Nobody reaches his level of 'beast mode'.