PDA

View Full Version : WHO THE HELL IS JERAMETRIUS BUTLER??

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
HE'LL BE COVERING WES WELKER?????

The Bills lost nickel cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas for the season to a groin injury suffered in the win over Miami. Thomas has given the Bills strong veteran play on quick receivers in the middle of the field for the past two seasons. He was placed on the injured reserve list.

The Patriots have one of the best slot receivers in the league in Wes Welker, who ranks third in the NFL in receptions with 61.

The Bills probably will use Jerametrius Butler as Thomas’ replacement. Butler, signed by Buffalo on Sept. 25, is a seventhyear veteran who has seen spot duty the past five games. He spent the past six years with St. Louis.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/207294.html

gil
11-15-2007, 09:32 AM
what's the story with Youbouty, is he healthy? has he been playing well or at all?

I honestly haven't noticed.

Kerr
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I honestly thought youbouty would handle covering the slot.

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
IMO Butler and Thomas were fairly equal.

Tatonka
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
yeah, i thought youboty was back this week.. butler has made a few plays here and there but really hasnt had to play much. he is an experieced vet who is no worse than k. thomas.. who we pulled off the trash heap.

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh so we sucked at that position before and now we still suck. So it's okay.

BAM
11-15-2007, 09:52 AM
HE'S A 5TH STRING CORNERBACK WE SIGNED ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO WHEN HALF OUR DEFENSE WENT DOWN.

:D

User Manuel
11-15-2007, 10:10 AM
He is a corner, he used to starter for the Rams and was adequate. IMO he has been solid while here. He seems to me to be a perfectly acceptable nickle guy.

TigerJ
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
He''s actually pretty good. The reason the Rams cut him loose waqs an injury from which he needed quite a bit of time to recover. He's had that time now, so unless he get's injured again, the Bills are no worse off than with Thomas starting. They really have a pretty good secondary even with all the injuries. The problem is NE's receivers are absolutely sick.

RockStar36
11-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Jeeze.

Pay attention people.

The Answer
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
what's the story with Youbouty, is he healthy? has he been playing well or at all?

I honestly haven't noticed.

Unfortunatley he has been a bust up to this point - hopefully he has a good offseason and can make this team next year. Guess the scouts were on to something after this kid tumbled from first round pick status.

~The Answer

dolphan117
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
My guess would be..... Toast.

There just arent many teams in the NFL who can cover Stalworth, Moss, and Welker for any length of time. Only hope is that your D line gets to Brady and doesnt allow him the time to scan the field and find the open guy, because given a little time there is going to be one.

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
If I had my way, Brady won't walk out of the first quarter with both knees intact.

mysticsoto
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I think we only have 4 CBs right now. What if NE goes with 5 wideouts? I hope they've planned for this...or it would cost us an immediate TO to have to deal with. Obviously Whitner probably moves to CB and Leonard maybe take his place - which I don't particularly like, but with Belichek's sneakiness, I hope they have planned for these possible calls to force us into coverage that we haven't used much...

User Manuel
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Frankly, I expect Belichek to spread us out and run the ball 30+ times.

raphael120
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Butler is someone who has done absolutely JACK SQUAT and in my opinion is taking the spot that POZ should have as he shouldve been coming back from injury in the next game or two.

****ing front office.

RockStar36
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Butler is someone who has done absolutely JACK SQUAT and in my opinion is taking the spot that POZ should have as he shouldve been coming back from injury in the next game or two.

****ing front office.

Ummm...what?

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Butler is a nickel back. We need someone in that spot with Thomas going to IR. Can't just leave Welker open all day you know.

raphael120
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Ummm...what?

We couldn't keep Poz on the roster to make room for other people. people like Butler. Who never dress on gameday. I'd rather have a busted up Poz than this guy who hasn't dressed for weeks. Meanwhile you have Youboty who has been injured for the past 4 years, where the hell is he at!?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I'LL DO IT!!!!

The Jokeman
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I think we only have 4 CBs right now. What if NE goes with 5 wideouts? I hope they've planned for this...or it would cost us an immediate TO to have to deal with. Obviously Whitner probably moves to CB and Leonard maybe take his place - which I don't particularly like, but with Belichek's sneakiness, I hope they have planned for these possible calls to force us into coverage that we haven't used much...
Backup FS Bryan Scott played CB at PSU so if needed can put him there in a pinch.

RockStar36
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
We couldn't keep Poz on the roster to make room for other people. people like Butler. Who never dress on gameday. I'd rather have a busted up Poz than this guy who hasn't dressed for weeks. Meanwhile you have Youboty who has been injured for the past 4 years, where the hell is he at!?

Without looking at the list of transactions I'm going to assume that Butler was brought in when Webster went on IR. I know he was brought in after Poz went to IR but I don't think Butler took Poz's roster spot.

YardRat
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
We've got a WR starting at FS and people are worried about a true corner playing nickel?

John Doe
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Here is the info from the Bills official site. As Tiger J stated, he has been injured during the past 2 seasons, but he has had his moments:

2006: St. Louis - Saw action in seven games, making four starts in the first four games of the season Was named inactive for nine games due to a hamstring injury.

2005: Was placed on injured reserve (8/30) with a knee injury suffered during training camp and sat our the entire season

2004: Became the first back-to-back interception leader with five for the Rams since Todd Lyght in 1998 and 1999 while setting a career high with 12 tackles (eight solo) and three passes defensed, adding one interception and a fumble recovery with 10 seconds left to seal the victory over TB (10/18) Set a career-high four passes defensed vs. SEA (11/14)

2003: First career start came in the season opener at NYG (9/7) Posted first two career interceptions vs. BAL (11/9)

2002: Saw action primarily on special teams

2001: Appeared in all 16 games mainly playing on special teams

COLLEGE: Recorded 107 tackles (73 solo) with 10 interceptions and 40 passes defensed at Kansas State…. Was a All-Big 12 first-team selection by league’s coaches in his junior year and earned second team honors from Associated Press. Posted a career-high 41 tackles (29 solo), 18 passes defensed and a team-high six interceptions, third-highest single-season total in school history. Tabbed a All-America second team selection by The Sporting News his freshman year.

83evans
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
HE'LL BE COVERING WES WELKER?????

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/207294.html

Its people like you who shouldnt post. Your asking who he is and the link shows you who he is. Dumb post :sorry:

83evans
11-15-2007, 06:34 PM

****ing front office.

1st off your taking a cheap shot at the front office which makes no sence and makes you sound like a complete dumb ass. 2nd, Poz had a broken forearm which is probably the worse place for a LB to get injured. Last, the reason Butler hasnt done anything is because hes on the field about 3-4 times a game. So I guess we should be pissed at Fred, Stamer, and Haggan for not doing anything.