PDA

View Full Version : This is a call to arms, Bills fans!

Coach Sal
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm the kind of guy that always got really, really emotional before football games when I played.......and still do when I coach. Not the teary-eyed, warm-and-fuzzy kind of emotional, but the "I will fight to the death for my brothers, I will stand up to and knock down anything that gets in the way of our goal" kind of emotional. I bring a chip on my shoulder. I get pissed. I get focused. I get nervous. Nervous then about letting down my teammates....now my fellow coaches and our players. Nervous about failing in front of so many people.

Truth be told, I threw up before every single game I ever played in high school, and still do it before big games now as a coach.

Some of you will say that's way too overboard and taking a game too seriously. But some of you will understand that to many of us who grew up with this great game in our blood, it's not at all odd or unreasonable. It's just part of who we are and how we're built.

As I sit here today, for the first time in many, many years, when it comes to thinking about the Bills, I'm starting to get a lot of those same feelings I used to get during the middle of a week when I played. Thinking about the Bills and Patriots Sunday night makes me feel exactly the same way I do a day or two before a big game now as a coach. I'm getting a chip on my shoulder. I'm getting pissed. I'm getting focused. I'm getting nervous. Nervous about being blown out in front of the nation. Nervous about them letting me down. Nervous about actually winning this damn thing.

It sounds corny to say because I'm not the one playing, or even coaching. But it doesn't matter. It's the Bills. And it's football. Two things I love and I'm passionate about. And I know no other way to handle it, and don't want to handle it any other way.

So, I'm posting this as a call to arms!!

Who's willing to start getting your game faces on? Who's willing to start putting that chip on your shoulder? Who's willing to start getting focused? And who's willing to start getting pissed? Sunday is only only three days away. It's time to start getting ready!

Just don't be near me when I throw up.

bnice
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Coach Love your post. I'm in. Lets bring the house down and in the words on Ali "Lets shock the world"</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LtBillsFan66
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't get that emotional.

BAM
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Let's do it baby! I've not been THIS excited about a game since before that Stillers game back in January of 2005. LET'S GO BABY! WOOOOOOOO!

justasportsfan
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
"I will fight to the death for my brothers, I will stand up to and knock down anything that gets in the way of our goal" kind of emotional..:up:

this is the way I am too even when it seems impossible to overcome the odds. At worse, I'm taking some of them down with me. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm with you all!!!

And I'm going to throw up now. :puke:

Buffatexas
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I am hearing the Braveheart theme in my head right now. Sunday night lets have 80,000 screaming fans unite and form an allied front against the Partiot scourge!!!

mchurchfie
11-15-2007, 12:06 PM
:punk:

BAM
11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.art.com/images/-/Mel-Gibson---Braveheart--C10101922.jpeg

Buffatexas
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Photoshop some red/white/blue on ol Mel and you got a winner!!!

The last buffalo fan
11-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Let's do it!!!!!!!!! Go Bills, Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boozer:

madness
11-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Photoshop some red/white/blue on ol Mel and you got a winner!!!

Obviously Mel was going with the throwback look.

Coach, I'm with you... except I have an iron stomach so no puking for me. I've always been the same way leading up to and on game day. I've always been pure emotion when it comes to sports. The guys I play basketball with call me the 'X factor' and it's not because I have elite skills. I'm just the guy who plays his heart out, doing what I have to do for the team.

Mitchy moo
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm with you coach!!!!!!!!!! :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I puke before games too but only because I am too hammered!

I like your enthusiasm Coach!!! KEEP IT UP!

dannyek71
11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Everyone at the game...BE TOTALLY CRAZY. This is war. Lets kick some tail

SABuffalo786
11-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm the kind of guy that always got really, really emotional before football games when I played.......and still do when I coach. Not the teary-eyed, warm-and-fuzzy kind of emotional, but the "I will fight to the death for my brothers, I will stand up to and knock down anything that gets in the way of our goal" kind of emotional. I bring a chip on my shoulder. I get pissed. I get focused. I get nervous. Nervous then about letting down my teammates....now my fellow coaches and our players. Nervous about failing in front of so many people.

Truth be told, I threw up before every single game I ever played in high school, and still do it before big games now as a coach.

Some of you will say that's way too overboard and taking a game too seriously. But some of you will understand that to many of us who grew up with this great game in our blood, it's not at all odd or unreasonable. It's just part of who we are and how we're built.

As I sit here today, for the first time in many, many years, when it comes to thinking about the Bills, I'm starting to get a lot of those same feelings I used to get during the middle of a week when I played. Thinking about the Bills and Patriots Sunday night makes me feel exactly the same way I do a day or two before a big game now as a coach. I'm getting a chip on my shoulder. I'm getting pissed. I'm getting focused. I'm getting nervous. Nervous about being blown out in front of the nation. Nervous about them letting me down. Nervous about actually winning this damn thing.

It sounds corny to say because I'm not the one playing, or even coaching. But it doesn't matter. It's the Bills. And it's football. Two things I love and I'm passionate about. And I know no other way to handle it, and don't want to handle it any other way.

So, I'm posting this as a call to arms!!

Who's willing to start getting your game faces on? Who's willing to start putting that chip on your shoulder? Who's willing to start getting focused? And who's willing to start getting pissed? Sunday is only only three days away. It's time to start getting ready!

Just don't be near me when I throw up.

It's funny I've had the same sort of nervousness/anxiousness.

I had a dream about the game the other night (weird one though, the Pats came out as USC and we were up by 3 in the first few minutes) and woke up with my heart racing.

I've never had this sort of feeling before a Bills game before. I was pretty young during the SB years so I don't think I really appreciated the magnitude of it all.

And it's so weird because usually I'll get this feeling for high stakes games where my team actually has a shot (Sabres playoffs, USA World Cup Soccer, etc.) but with Lynch out and the Pats being the team they are I logically can't see us winning Sunday night.

I SHOULD be looking forward to a much more winnable game in Jacksonville the following but ******* it if I'm not completely up for this.

It just FEELS like a big game. We've played Super Bowl Champion Patsie teams in the past but it always felt like "another loss, here we go again". This one just FEELS different. It feels like Sunday night all the outside influences of the world (The 9-0 record, all our injuries, etc...) are going to be shut out and it'll just be the Patsie scum versus a scrappy Bills team and 73,000 plus lunatics ready to jump the walls and kick **** out of those cheating bastards.

And who knows what'll happen then...

mybills
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm numb.

shelby
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Great thread Coach!

This is why they play the games....the underdog team, decimated by injuries, facing the best in the league with nothing but their determination to overcome adversity and send a message to the world!

Hell yeah! It doesn't get any better than this!
:gobills::beers::drunks::jig:

Oaf
11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Let's do it baby! I've not been THIS excited about a game since before that Stillers game back in January of 2005. LET'S GO BABY! WOOOOOOOO!
That's unfortunate. Odds are you'll be one downed fellow Monday morning.

Looking ahead, our season finale with the Giants could very well have wild card implications for both teams involved with the loser sitting at home. Now THAT'll be a game to get excited for.

Pinkerton Security
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I know what you're saying coach! on my way to the Monday nighter I got in the mindset like I was going to be playing, and got butterflies. Brings me back to the days (4 years ago, but long enough) when I was playing. I get nervous for every game, and not just that we're gonna lose. i get pumped! I wish I could be there Sunday, so everbody better rock that place and show them once again that we are the loudest crowd in the NFL!!!!!!!!

YardRat
11-15-2007, 05:33 PM
:puke:

:beers:

Night Train
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
"I will fight to the death for my brothers, I will stand up to and knock down anything that gets in the way of our goal" kind of emotional.

I'm the same kind of person every Happy Hour.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Honestly, I have been pumped all week. I am excited as hell for Sunday. I have not even been sleeping well.

I really do have a good feeling for this game. I might be nuts, but I just have a funny gut feeling. (And yes, I expect gut jokes from Meathead, Mikey, Billsology, hbf, Dozer and others)

And during regular games, there are people who won't watch them with me. I guess I get animated.

jpdex12
11-15-2007, 09:51 PM
There's no other way to live life than with an attitude like what Coach Sal described.

Life is full of ups and downs. The Bills have seen enough downs during recent years. It's our time now!

You can feel how this year's team is playing for eachother. I think that if you are a true football fan you can sense the way that the team feels and is playing just by watching them. I don't care what anyone says, if you collectively put your minds and bodies to it and literally leave it all on the field you can accomplish anything. This team will do that! Teams in the past haven't.

Go ahead and tell me that I can't do something and I will godda*n do it mother F'er! I can just feel it in this team. I know there are other fans out there that can feel it in this team. Yeah we are completely crazy fans but there's no other way to be.

I don't care that we are facing the 9-0 already crowned 2007 super bowl champion Patriots. We can beat this team even without our #1 offensive threat. I haven't felt like this sinse the early 90's. This team is on the rebound.

While I won't be puking I will be hyped up as if I was back on the highschool gridiron ready to kick ass again. I love this feeling! We are competitors! Thats why we are like this and the Bills are lucky to have fans like us! I hope that all 73,000 of us feel the same way in the Ralph Sunday night! It's gonna be a game.

Not to sound like a complete psycho but we as the 12th man have a big task Sunday night. Don't let eachother down! When you hear that national anthem grab your hat look around at the entire stadium and then look down on that field at our players and realize how lucky we are to be Bills fans in our stadium in the Primetime spotlight. REalize what our players are feeling at that time. Take one more look around that stadium when you are listening to the last word of the anthem and the entire place is loud as hell and let your mind go quiet and think about what it must feel like to be standing on that field with a Bill's uniform on getting ready to go and kick the Patriot's ass in front of 73,000. Then realize that the only way we can be on that field is with our team through the 12th man. We can do it and don't let anyone tell us we can't. Yes I said "WE" because we are the Buffalo Bills!

BAM
11-16-2007, 07:12 AM
That's unfortunate. Odds are you'll be one downed fellow Monday morning.

Looking ahead, our season finale with the Giants could very well have wild card implications for both teams involved with the loser sitting at home. Now THAT'll be a game to get excited for.

Maybe.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm more excited about this game than any in the last few years.

madness
11-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Wow. You're telling me that not only are we going to beat NE but it's going to start a tailspin that ends up with NE fighting for a wild card going into their season finale against the Giants?

You mean the Eagles. ;)

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
I am getting so freaking excited for Sunday!!!!

BAM
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I am getting so freaking excited for Sunday!!!!

YEAH THATHURMANATOR WOOOOOOO!

mybills
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm still comfortably numb.

If I get excited about it, I'll hear about it.
If I don't, I'll still hear about it.
That's what it's like in Patriotsville. :ill:

Jimbuktu
11-16-2007, 09:22 AM
YEAH COACH! I ****ING LOVE IT! THAT POST GAVE ME CHILLS!

BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!