PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Fairchild should do?

Kerr
11-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Spread them? Trickery? Screens?

While trick plays are always ideal, i'm not sure belichek is dumb enough to fall for them. Spreading out the offense and having JP drop back 3-5 steps is probably the way to go so he doesn't get sacked holding on to the ball so much. This is where's JP's short game obviously comes into play. In order for that be successful, it's probably asking for much, but he needs to accurate on his short throws. If successful, start testing the corners deep. They need to allow JP to run all he wants to move the chains. If your qb can scramble, let him be a scrambler.

Discuss.

camelcowboy
11-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Spread them? Trickery? Screens?

While trick plays are always ideal, i'm not sure belichek is dumb enough to fall for them. Spreading out the offense and having JP drop back 3-5 steps is probably the way to go so he doesn't get sacked holding on to the ball so much. This is where's JP's short game obviously comes into play. In order for that be successful, it's probably asking for much, but he needs to accurate on his short throws. If successful, start testing the corners deep. They need to allow JP to run all he wants to move the chains. If you're qb can scramble, let him be a scrambler.

Discuss.

Normally i would say spread them, but they are really deep at defensive back, and we aren't exactly packing alot of heat at the wideout position. If lynch was in the game i would have like to see some screens and draws to counter act their blitz. I say run the ball controll the clock and take some shots down field with play action. Move the chains is the name of the game. And if we do get to the redzone. We need TD's not field goals. Like i have said all along i would like to see JP roll out on boot legs and catch the defense sleeping that way but with this coaching staff that won't happen.

Kerr
11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Normally i would say spread them, but they are really deep at defensive back, and we aren't exactly packing alot of heat at the wideout position. If lynch was in the game i would have like to see some screens and draws to counter act their blitz. I say run the ball controll the clock and take some shots down field with play action. Move the chains is the name of the game. And if we do get to the redzone. We need TD's not field goals. Like i have said all along i would like to see JP roll out on boot legs and catch the defense sleeping that way but with this coaching staff that won't happen.

Having JP execute rollouts should definitely be in the gameplan. He has legs. Fairchild should let him use them.

historypete
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I think Fairchild will run the same crappy gameplan he has for weeks. Use 2 TE, run the ball left when everyone knows its coming, use a ton of motion that only screws up our team. It will be another uninspiring offensive gameplan that is devoid of creativity with our formations and personnel groups. He will let the Patriots defense dictate what we do, rather than us attempting to dictate the flow of the game. Finally he will not seek matchups that would put our guys in favorable positions to make plays.

raphael120
11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I love the 2, 3 TE sets when every single one of our TE blow chunks.

It's almost like theyre sayin "ok guys, we dont have 1 good TE so we're going to compensate by putting 3 mediocre ones out there. THAT translates to 1 good one!"

HAMMER
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Trickery? NO. We must run the ball effectively to have any shot, 101.

justasportsfan
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
stopping the bills is simple. Stop the run and double Evans. Make the bills dink and dunk to Reed or their TE's until they create a mistake. If the bills are behind they will force JP to desperately go to Evans even if he's double or triple teamed.

If Fairchild had a clue he'd design plays for JP to use his mobility whether it's rollouts or draw. Big Ben can do it.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I think Fairchild should quit and spare us this misery.

But that won't happen before Sunday.

I think we're going to have to move the ball on the ground. But I think he needs to use JP as well as Wright. Spread the WR's, have JP look for one route and if it's not there take off. There's nothing more frustrating to a D than covering the pass then having the QB pick up the first down anyway. For some reason, Fairchild doesn't know this.

It's a long shot- I don't see us having any sort of offensive production whatsoever- but we have nothing to lose.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
We should run the triangle in the backfield! Screw the QB, let's have two lead blockers for Lynch like what GB is doing!

G Wolly
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Throw every trick in the book at em

Fake punts (Moorman can obviously run, Lynch can pass from a direct snap)

Flea Flicker (Would work better with Lynch in the lineup)

A ton of play-actions

Short passes to the guy on the under-route, we can't necessarily just come out and go for a big-play, but yet again they may not expect it from us right away.

Try a Vrabel and put Crowell in at TE

If it comes to it, cycle the QBs.

Oaf
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Call up Martz.

Elminster
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
What should be done
-Run out of every formation. I'm not saying we should be running out of a 4-wide set frequently, but doing it once or twice is pretty smart to see if the defense is napping or not. And pass out of that 3TE set. One of our loser TEs will probably end up dropping the ball, but at least put that little voice in the back of Asante Samuel's head that tells him not to play the run too hard because Evans might get away from him.
-Run the ball. Marshawn only got 19 carries against the Dolphins. Given Losman's play in that game up until the fourth, he should've seen a few more. Even without Marshawn, we can't NOT run the ball. But, for the love of God, make it more varied. What, are we using a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook? Get with the times Steve, at least upgrade to a Madden '08-sized playbook!
-Run screens. Half-back screens. YES Steve, you CAN run screen passes to running backs...and you can even have the linemen move over there to block too! How novel!
-Earth to Steve: JP can run pretty fast. He also does well outside the pocket. So, y'know, maybe it'd be a good thing to move him around a little and let him make plays with his legs? We're past the point where he'll develop a reliance upon them, so use 'em!
-Get Lee involved. That doesn't entail having him run a post-route that takes 10 seconds to develop on every passing down. It DOES entail the use of slants, and moving Evans around.
-Get the ball to Roscoe in space. Somehow. Preferably not as part of a triple reverse...or even a reverse.
-Try some trick plays. This is the Patriots, I know, they're supposed to be smart, but they ain't perfect. If you sell it well enough, they might just end up buying something silly like a flea-flicker, and it seems unlikely their safeties could keep up with Lee.
-Bombs. If Lee can beat Champ Bailey, he can beat Asante Samuel. However, these aren't to be thrown on key 3rd downs, or even 1st&10. But if you're in a 2nd& and less than 3, go for it. If nothing else, it may inspire some paranoia in their defensive backfield.

Of course, what will actually happen has been spelled out already :ill:

Mitchy moo
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Throw every trick in the book at em

Fake punts (Moorman can obviously run, Lynch can pass from a direct snap)

Flea Flicker (Would work better with Lynch in the lineup)

A ton of play-actions

Short passes to the guy on the under-route, we can't necessarily just come out and go for a big-play, but yet again they may not expect it from us right away.

Try a Vrabel and put Crowell in at TE

If it comes to it, cycle the QBs.

Let's play bombs away on every play, F-it.